Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

I wanted to get the test to find cause of ongoing illness and fever.

Burning pins and needles all over.

The prep says it can cause DEATH. Arrythmias,  loss of electrolytes, seizures.

I am freaking out. All I have is lots of vitamin water zero (diabetic) and chicken broth

In severe withdrawals. Now itching

I am scared. I read the insert on the prep. Says it can cause death or seizures. I am already sick and in severe withdrawals

It can cause arrythmias, seizures, dehydration. I have done this test many times. But not in an ill state like this not having eaten in weeks except soft foods. Lost 17 pounds in a couple weeks.

Hope prep is safe. Just started it. Plus it may flush out the benzos

Mo, take with the intent that it is safe, will help you.  Most importantly, nourish yourself, drink water, and if low on electrolytes, perhaps drink pedilalyte.  I have done before, and helped.  Remember that klonopin is also a seizure medication, and you are still taking, even though in w/d, it's in your system, so risk of seizure is lowered greatly.

Breathe to get resting heart rate lowered, eat, rest, drink.

Thinking of you, sending healing thoughts.

With love,

WR

WR thanks for the words. I feel unsafe because my doses of k are so low.Now drinking this prep is giving me hot skin pins and needles fullness in my ears like I am allergic to it. I have had it plenty of other times. Just not while so ill and in withdrawals. Trying to drink. Feel itchy too.

Mozart:

You've been given a lot of good advice here. You'll do just fine. Since you are a low dose of K, I doubt you will have seizures. Plus you are taking it anyway. Good luck. And try not to over worry. Like was said here, it will be the best nap you have have in a long time. It will be over before you know it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bets and WR thanks so much for the support. Hi all my BB friends.

Got through the prep. Supposed to drink a bit more of it in the morning 6 am. Geez I don't even want to drink one more ounce of any liquid. Just go to sleep and probably won't dehydrate now.

Will get the Demerol and Versed. I used to live for that combo. Now that I desaturate..well, they will monitor me but at home, another story.

I have 2 overnight oximeters for the weekend. If I do one w/o the CPAP (they call it room air if you are familiar with that term) and one night with cpap. Every time I lay down and look, I am at 88. I think that's always been true. Could be due to being on benzos. However this time I am extra worried to sleep with just room air, no cpap, because I am pretty sure I would fall below 88. Don't know how far below but it could be bad. But I need docs to see this incase I need oxygen daytime or something.

That's scary. I don't even get quite high enough with CPAP it seems.

But I have been so sick as you all know with no answers. I need to get every test I can. I wish I felt well enough to get all of the medical records to bring to the naturopath. That's the doc I need most to put this all together and check out all the labs and scans to see what the Western medicine docs consider normal that may not be.

You guys got me through today. Do I really need to keep drinking more fluids? I just wanna go to sleep!

Anyway, now the desaturating stuff is so worrisome, but I have to do the tests even if I go way too low.

I must have killed 10, 000 people in a past life! This life has blown up in my face since age 11. I had such a nice life till then with so much potential. Tragic. Honestly.

Anyone know how low your sats can go in one night to put you in danger? I hate to think of it. I may even get to 80 or something.

I wish you all a good evening and lots of love.

I just hope he doesn't put the same tube in each orafice tomorrow (getting both ends looked at)  LOL!

You know I have been a pro singer, pianist and comedian all my life. She's been gone a long time. I miss her. But in retrospect I could never perform without a benzo and never felt well.

I opened for Louie Anderson in Vegas last year! Now look at me. Pathetic. I wish it was ok to send you links to hear my albums online for free and to see me on youtube.

Love you all

Mo

Mo,

My mom desaturates but she has a home oxygen generator.

Hers was due to acute ativan wd.

My cousin desatured after a surgical procedure that used ativan in the mix, but her breathing came back to normal after 4 days on oxygen.

Ativan goes right to the respiratory center in the brain.

If you are desaturating below 90%, your dr would test you for at home oxygen.

You might only need to use it while laying down.

Not having enuf oxygen for your body and brain could be making you sick.

"The company declined to say what led it to issue the new warning, or whether it would change its advice to doctors on which patients might be at risk. Heather Ashton, professor of psycho-pharmacology at Newcastle University, said: 'Most people don't realise how potent Ativan is, far stronger than Valium. It gets into the brain very quickly and it gets into the respiratory centre at the base of the brain, which is why it can affect breathing.'"

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2004/dec/05/health.medicineandhealth1

I took an antibiotic (Z-Pak) 11 days ago for strep but the doctor did not find anything in my ear - I feel the extreme pain in my ear and my anxiety is through the roof (started 2 days after starting Z-Pak.  I thought by now I would be back to baseline - I am in tolerant withdrawal and don't know what to do as I can't taper because I feel so bad between anxiety and ear pain.

I have previously posted under other meds and ear issues thread and received limited response which is greatly appreciated.  I am on valium and just want to taper.  Please some help.

Thanks

Scared this morning. The risk of my colonoscopy/endoscopy is scary. Wish I was not doing it today. Already did this in February but never as sick as I have been. I woke up twice with very high pulse and bp. The prep itself lowered my body temp way too low. Bad reaction. Prep itself can cause death. So can the procedure. You can, for instance, have a heart attack 2 or 3 weeks after. I am scared to back out how. I am also scared to have it done again. It is more risky than I ever knew. Isn't worth it is it?

Please pray. Thanks.

Mo

Basha:

Can your doctor give you another AB?

Hi benzogirl,

If need be my doctor will give me another AB that I may be allergic to as penicillin is no good for me and Cephalosporin may cause reaction, but the problem of this extreme anxiety after going on Z-Pak (been off several days now) doesn't make sense. 

The Dr. said my ears look clear but I have extreme pain - so I'm thinking WD symptoms as I am in tolerance withdrawal.  I posted to the ear thread but with no response about ear pain.

Basha:

Can your doctor give you another AB?

Hi benzogirl,

If need be my doctor will give me another AB that I may be allergic to as penicillin is no good for me and Cephalosporin may cause reaction, but the problem of this extreme anxiety after going on Z-Pak (been off several days now) doesn't make sense. 

The Dr. said my ears look clear but I have extreme pain - so I'm thinking WD symptoms as I am in tolerance withdrawal.  I posted to the ear thread but with no response about ear pain.

Basha, could it be, since your ears are clear, that you grind and clench your teeth at night ?

I also experienced bad ear aches and my ears would show nothing.

Since I had my dentist make a mouth guard for me, my ear pain is a lot less and less frequent.

For me it used to come and go and it would hurt from behind my ear to deep inside , some times even u dear my jaw, under the ear.

Scared this morning. The risk of my colonoscopy/endoscopy is scary. Wish I was not doing it today. Already did this in February but never as sick as I have been. I woke up twice with very high pulse and bp. The prep itself lowered my body temp way too low. Bad reaction. Prep itself can cause death. So can the procedure. You can, for instance, have a heart attack 2 or 3 weeks after. I am scared to back out how. I am also scared to have it done again. It is more risky than I ever knew. Isn't worth it is it?

Please pray. Thanks.

Mo

Mo, it sounds to me that you're reading  a lot about all of what you could have on the internet maybe ?

Is that the case ?

I used to do that at the start of my taper and innocent things would magnify for me.

You're having a lot of tests done for things that seem like regular withdrawal to me. And it's good you're ruling out more serious things. But once they are done, you're not happy with the results and want a new test. Or say the doctor didn't test all you wanted  I can understand that. I did that too.

We are looking for this that can be IT, the problem that will make us feel better once it's addressed, while all the time, it's withdrawal.

You've been up and down and on different meds.  You just switched to K again...

IMO, I think you're just not stable on anything and won't be till you just sit tight for a while on one drug and one dose.

I hope the colonoscopy went okay, when you read this, it's stressful to undergo and procedure during benzo withdrawal.

Health anxiety and OCD are not uncommon during a taper. I forced myself to stop looking up everything that I COULD have. A headache for me would turn into me thinking I would have a tumor or something . It's not what you need , this kind of stress,

Maybe have your tests done that your doc thinks you need and if it comes out clean, try and distract yourself in other ways. I know it's difficult. But that is really key.

My best,

Moo

Mo, it sounds to me that you're reading  a lot about all of what you could have on the internet maybe ?

Is that the case ?

I used to do that at the start of my taper and innocent things would magnify for me.

You're having a lot of tests done for things that seem like regular withdrawal to me. And it's good you're ruling out more serious things. But once they are done, you're not happy with the results and want a new test. Or say the doctor didn't test all you wanted  I can understand that. I did that too.

We are looking for this that can be IT, the problem that will make us feel better once it's addressed, while all the time, it's withdrawal.

You've been up and down and on different meds.  You just switched to K again...

IMO, I think you're just not stable on anything and won't be till you just sit tight for a while on one drug and one dose.

I hope the colonoscopy went okay, when you read this, it's stressful to undergo and procedure during benzo withdrawal.

Health anxiety and OCD are not uncommon during a taper. I forced myself to stop looking up everything that I COULD have. A headache for me would turn into me thinking I would have a tumor or something . It's not what you need , this kind of stress,

Maybe have your tests done that your doc thinks you need and if it comes out clean, try and distract yourself in other ways. I know it's difficult. But that is really key.

My best,

Moo

In my view Moo has made great points here, Mo.  If someone had written this post to me, I'd read it over a few times and give it some deep thought.  All this testing is certainly adding anxiety and stress, which is the last thing anyone in withdrawal needs.

Instead of focusing on all the worst-case scenarios, which seems to be what's happening, I would focus on de-stressing instead.  This will bring down your anxiety and make your taper and withdrawal less chaotic.  Our bodies and brains need calm to get through this with some measure of tolerability.  Obsessing about symptoms is fairly common, as Moo mentioned, but it ultimately makes this journey much more difficult.

I hope you don't take this as criticism, or if you do, please take it as constructive criticism.  No one does themselves (or anyone else on the thread) any favors by becoming reactive to everything.  Quite the opposite.

~Chal

Basha:

I'm sorry the Z-Pack is still effecting you. I hope it wears off. People think ABs are all fine and dandy, but the reality is that ALL medication can causes problems. I know by listening to a link that Claudia posted, that they get rid of bad bacteria, but also good bacteria, which of course then causes stomach problems. Sigh. If there any safe med out there?

Bets

Basha, I had unexplained ear pain earlier in my taper.

I had a sinus infection and an ear infection and had to take 2 different antibiotics to get rid of them . . . but the ear pain came back.

Over about a year, I had 3 doctors look at my ears (only one hurt) and they all concluded that I did not still have an infection because the eardrum wasn't red . . . but that I could go around with another antibiotic if I wanted to. I sure did not want to. The only reason I would have tried another antibiotic was if my eardrum had looked red to one of the docs. But it never did. My ear just darned well hurt. 

So the mystery pain continued. Yet another doctor suggested that I try a steroid because maybe, maybe, there was some inflammation present after my ear infection a year earlier EVEN THOUGH the eardrum was not red. I didn't take the steroid either.

And then one day . . . the pain just went away. And I haven't had it since.

I think Moodle's suggestion of a mouth guard is a good one if the pain continues. Tooth grinding and jaw clenching never occurred to me when I had my ear pain.

I believe mine was a bizarre w/d effect . . . one of the many I've had that just went away on their own. Maybe yours is, too?

Oh, I wanted to mention that probably your doc told you to take a probiotic after your AB was finished? You need to put good bugs back in your gut after the housecleaning the AB does on your system.

Hope this has helped.

Okatz

Hi okatz,

I remember you mentioning that you had the picky crotch area symptom a long time ago, if I remember correctly?

Do u still get it or have it and if so, how long does it last and is there anything that helps it?

Thanks Benzogirl, Moodle and OreganKatz for you input - I am taking a good probiotic and I will look into the Mouth Guard if this persists. I just wish the upturn of anxiety from the Z-pak would resolve - it's really intense and I haven't been able to cut.

Basha

mrtmeo about this:

I remember you mentioning that you had the picky crotch area symptom a long time ago, if I remember correctly?

I'm giggling.

No, it wasn't the, um, crotch . . . but I did have a pretty painful tailbone a while ago . . . and sitting was, er, challenging. I still have some of those symptoms, alas. Neurontin relieved a lot of the discomfort -- the part of that rotten syndrome that was neuropathic. I recall Saga and I trading bony butt stories on her blog. Ai yi, that WAS a long time ago!

mrtmeo about this:

I'm giggling.

No, it wasn't the, um, crotch . . . but I did have a pretty painful tailbone a while ago . . . and sitting was, er, challenging. I still have some of those symptoms, alas. Neurontin relieved a lot of the discomfort -- the part of that rotten syndrome that was neuropathic. I recall Saga and I trading bony butt stories on her blog. Ai yi, that WAS a long time ago!

I'm sorry, yeah, that was it.

Are you still on gabapentin?

HUGE PROBLEM YOU GUYS. PLEASE ADVISE. I WILL ALSO POST THIS AT KK

Procedure done. Had demerol and versed. An hour of blissful relief. Now back in tolerance w/d hell. I am only on .8 mg klonopin divided in three doses a day. That's it

I need a CT scan with contrast. I once had an allergy to contrast. I CAN'T GET THE TEST IF I DON'T PRETREAT WITH PREDNISONE OR MEDROL. I need this test badly. What am I going to do??? What do people do in this situation? Steroids, although I would only need 2 doses, but strong ones, put me in psycho hell, raise my blood sugar like crazy as a diabetic, mess up my poor irritated gut (irtitation found from my procedure today plus he ordered an xray) and my immunity is very low. Plus at least at home, my BP is quite high and my pulse quite high. STEROIDS EXACERBATE ALL OF THAT. Plus rage. How can I do this?

mrtmeo:

Are you still on gabapentin?

Just a small dose at night. 300 mgs. It helps me sleep . . . I think.

HUGE PROBLEM YOU GUYS. PLEASE ADVISE. I WILL ALSO POST THIS AT KK

Procedure done. Had demerol and versed. An hour of blissful relief. Now back in tolerance w/d hell. I am only on .8 mg klonopin divided in three doses a day. That's it

I need a CT scan with contrast. I once had an alleegy to contrast. I CAN'T GET THE TEST IF I DON'T PRETREAT WITH PREDNISONE OR MEDROL. I need this test badly. What am I going to do??? What do people do in this situation? Steroids, although I would only need 2 doses, but strong ones, put me in psycho hell, raise my blood sugar like crazy as a diabetic, mess up my poor irritated gut (irtitation found from my procedure today plus he ordered an xray) and my immunity is very low. Plus at least at home, my BP is quite high and my pulse quite high. STEROIDS EXACERBATE ALL OF THAT. Plus rage. How can I do this?

Mozart, posted to you on KK:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=57791.msg1852092#msg1852092

Don't people have huge problems with having to take prednisone or medrol while in w/d? They already make one quite pycho, but what haapens if you need this while in hell w/d? Has anyone ever had to face this?

I will also start a new thread on this if that's ok. My guess is others have had to face this terrible dilemma.

Don't people have huge problems with having to take prednisone or medrol while in w/d? They already make one quite pycho, but what haapens if you need this while in hell w/d? Has anyone ever had to face this?

My mom had to be on high dose prednisone due to an autoimmune disease and it didn't make her wd any different.

Sometimes, we have to do things we don't want to in order to save our lives.

However, she did have to taper off the prednisone and this is something your dr would have to talk to you about.