Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Bets and everyone Yes I have a ride thanks. I have to try to keep from getting dehydrated with that prep. Scares me as I have lost 20 pounds now in a few weeks. Can't eat and not drinking enough. Prep will dehydrate me. Gotta force fluids right?

Fever still. I strongly suspect PID. I have all of its symptoms.  Trying to get the right help for that. Hard to get in. They did ultrasound at ER but it doesn't always show that way. Sometimes you need laproscopic surgery to see it. Seeing gyn today. She knows I am anxious and may dismiss it. She is anxious too you would think she would understand. 

Saw gp yesterday.  Tried to chalk things up to fever of unknown origin. But I have other symptoms too and have to keep pushing. It's hard to do while so sick.

Seeing other GP today. Bad game to play. I want the right help. Will see if she can get me what I need.

GP yesterday ordered CT scan with contrast (allergic to contrast but there's some kind called low osmolor that is supposed to be ok) and she said if it's normal there's nothing more she can do.

I would stick with the other PCP but she won't update my meds list, allergies or records since last year. That's dangerous. It even has opiate addiction on there. I kicked oxycodone a year ago.

What am I gonna do?

Mrtmeo: I guess you already got the answer that not all script drugs are controlled substances, like antibiotics...

All prescription medications are controlled by prescription.

They are just not all controlled by the DEA.

Mrtmeo: I guess you already got the answer that not all script drugs are controlled substances, like antibiotics...

That's what I meant. It's the DEA who makes the schedules...That is my main concern and didn't put it into words correctly.  :-[. Sorry!

Mozart: You really shouldn't be seeing two docs at the same time. They might eventually find out and call you doctor shopping. Anyway, I don't have to bring any files with me when I see a new doctor. Sometimes they asked who referred me, and I say, myself. I don't know what it is like in Oregon. I am hoping the K is working for you and you can finally settle on that drug. I guess there is nothing you can do if your doc labeled you an opiate addict. Did you take them as prescribed? I hope your GYN visit went well today. The contrast may be just what you need. Hang in there, kiddo. :smitten: :smitten: Someone will find the answer.

Moo: Sorry you had a bad day. I hope today finds you better. Well, yes 37 states can give you a card. I have one but have yet to use it, and don't plan to. I think the step that is going on right now is that Big Pharma is now lobbying for a Fed approval for the drug, as it will be a huge money maker for them. They are already planting two pot gardens in two states that approve the drug. Using the best seeds, computers, scientists and the whole ball of wax. Once it will get approved (I think it will, eventually), that we'll have access super strong pot that they probably can sell for about $1,500 an ounce. I doubt insurance will pay for it. Now I hear there are several clinical trials right now for a 3rd generation of benzos. They are going to call it by a different name to separate it from the word, benzos. I think they are getting scared that a lot of publicity has come out about them. This generation is supposed to be addictive free! HA! Just like Valium.....I think we've heard that story before. :'(

Yes!  I also carry a letter in my purse, or with me when no purse, stating how much I'm on, dosing times and that no changes are to be made. The letter was crafted by my doctor.

For me, with my sensitivities, I felt it crucial to have.

Marija

Hi:

I've been thinking of one myself. But not til I am benzo free. How can the doctors tell what dose you are taking if you keep tapering?

Since benzos are quite common, has anyone considered a bracelet or card for your wallet saying your allergic or sensitive to benzos?  A good example being you get into an accident and you're unconscious.  Any thoughts on this?  My family has brought this up to me several times.

Just FYI all...

There are hundreds of bracelet, pendant, necklace, etc products specifically to advise emergency or med professionals of important health and medical issues.

This is just one source for illustration...not a specific recommendation.

http://www.americanmedical-id.com/

[55...]

Yes!  I also carry a letter in my purse, or with me when no purse, stating how much I'm on, dosing times and that no changes are to be made. The letter was crafted by my doctor.

For me, with my sensitivities, I felt it crucial to have.

Marija

Hi:

Hi Bets,

The letter is updated as I taper. Tedious but gives me a quotient of peace should I find myself in an emergency situation.

I've been thinking of one myself. But not til I am benzo free. How can the doctors tell what dose you are taking if you keep tapering?

That's what I meant. It's the DEA who makes the schedules...That is my main concern and didn't put it into words correctly.  :-[. Sorry!

No need to appologize.

BTW, the diazepam in almond oil is expensive and not directly covered by insurance.

($60 for 20mL at 1mg/mL)

I am going to see if my mom can submit the bill to her insurance to see if they will cover it.

The pharmacy said that 50% of customers get reimbursed for their compounded scripts via insurance.

Mozart: You really shouldn't be seeing two docs at the same time. They might eventually find out and call you doctor shopping. Anyway, I don't have to bring any files with me when I see a new doctor. Sometimes they asked who referred me, and I say, myself. I don't know what it is like in Oregon. I am hoping the K is working for you and you can finally settle on that drug. I guess there is nothing you can do if your doc labeled you an opiate addict. Did you take them as prescribed? I hope your GYN visit went well today. The contrast may be just what you need. Hang in there, kiddo. :smitten: :smitten: Someone will find the answer.

Moo: Sorry you had a bad day. I hope today finds you better. Well, yes 37 states can give you a card. I have one but have yet to use it, and don't plan to. I think the step that is going on right now is that Big Pharma is now lobbying for a Fed approval for the drug, as it will be a huge money maker for them. They are already planting two pot gardens in two states that approve the drug. Using the best seeds, computers, scientists and the whole ball of wax. Once it will get approved (I think it will, eventually), that we'll have access super strong pot that they probably can sell for about $1,500 an ounce. I doubt insurance will pay for it. Now I hear there are several clinical trials right now for a 3rd generation of benzos. They are going to call it by a different name to separate it from the word, benzos. I think they are getting scared that a lot of publicity has come out about them. This generation is supposed to be addictive free! HA! Just like Valium.....I think we've heard that story before. :'(

Hi Bets,

I'm really impressed with the pot story,  a friend let me tried long time ago, I got paranoia and panic attack, It was horrible, I wouldn't try  ever again.  In Texas you can buy a gun or rifle and have it in public, even in the campus, but you can't buy pot, the crime in Houston is getting bad, every day people with guns rob any store and banks.  half of then finished with dead thieves,  people shoot back now, they wait with a pistol in a room and watch the video surveillance, then go after the thieves and shoot them.

It's hot and humid, inside my office is cold 65 , outside is 98, I have to use a jacket.  for some people 65 is fine. 

that change of temperature is affecting my chest pain  or my lungs, I have to walk  around my office, we have different buildings.

going from cold to hot  is affecting my nerves.

what kind of card are you talking about? 

I hope they will find something to stop the anxiety and the fear,  I saw somewhere that there is a surgical procedure to eliminate the fear in the body. 

have nice day sweet Bets.

Tex

:smitten: :smitten:

Bets and friends thanks. I have run out of faith. I don't like this double doctor thing. The one I don't want to keep ordered a CT with contrast, but I had a CT on July 5th. Lot of radiation so I don't know whether or not to do this last thing, then stay with one doc.

Gyn didn't think I had PID, but almost every symptom matches. She told my PCP so I won't be able to get referred to a gyn surgeon to really find out. Everything keeps working against me.

I have been on .25 K morning, .25 K afternoon and 3/4 of a .5 K night. Holding steady there. The withdrawals are very hard.

I have to do liquids and that prep all day today. Already nauseated so that should be fun. Scared of dehydration. Ashton says in w/d one can have urinary problems. Seems no matter how much I drink, nothing comes out. I have to keep drinking tons today with that prep. I hope it works out. I am going to go for the Versed and Demerol tomorrow. I need a day of feeling normal again.

BP has been 166/102 at doctor's offices. Pulse 106. Is that w/d, fear, dehydration? Barely eating. What's happening to my body?

I have lost all hope for an answer, especially re: the fevers. Just feeling incredibly dejected.

Need all of your support. Scared crazy. Hard to live so sick. Being bedridden (except when I go to appointments) doesn't help and I am sure it's unhealthy. But hard to walk around with chronic shivering, fever, fear, w/d.

I guess I should stay another couple weeks at this dose before even attempting a cut. I know getting off straight from K is so hard.

Thank you all for being there for me. I wish you all well.

Mo

No need to appologize.

BTW, the diazepam in almond oil is expensive and not directly covered by insurance.

($60 for 20mL at 1mg/mL)

I am going to see if my mom can submit the bill to her insurance to see if they will cover it.

The pharmacy said that 50% of customers get reimbursed for their compounded scripts via insurance.

I didn't get reimbursed. It's kind of weird how this all varies.

I pay around 65 dollars for 60 ml at my compound place. Lasts me around 2-3 months, depending how I hold, on what dose.

WeCanDoThis had to pay even more than you in Canada  :idiot:

Withdrawals starting to get the best of me. Oh..what me? I lost her a while back.

My hunch: V must be leaving my system. Now I am stuck on very small dose of k with tolerance.

Mind feels psycho

Fear getting bigger.

Adrenaline rushes back.

Can't updose as one of my BB friends said to do because I am tolerant. Will get more agitated.

OUCH

YIKES

OMG

Hey Tex my sweet:

I also think it is interesting that Big Pharma is inventing a 3rd generation of "non addictive" benzos? In regards to how I got my pot license, I had to have my pdoc write a letter (I wrote it myself) that tells the other doctor that I need it. In our state, anxiety or insomnia doesn't count, so he just wrote down that have PTSD, but did not put it in my file. Then you have to go to a State certified internist to get approval (Not covered by insurance). She's supposed to give you a psychical but mine did not. She just read the letter and OKed it right then and there. Then she sent a letter to the State of CT, in regards to my approval. Then the state sent me forms to fill out, including a color passport pic of myself so they can make the card. I had to pay them as well for the card. $100. Then they asked which pot dispensary I wanted to use, so I picked out the closest one to me. I have never used it and darn it, that dispensary keeps emailing me each week asking where I am. Why I should be there. I think the costs vary for an ounce, but I figured it out to be $250.

In regards to the cold and hot. Well, I had the same problem when I had unchecked hypothyroidism. I was only comfortable outside when it was 90 degrees. When it dipped to 80 degrees, I had to wear a sweater. Needless to say, winters here were horrible. I was constantly freezing. I have my own self controlled thermostat in my BR, so I cranked it up. 65 degrees would feel like ice to me. I'm sorry this is affecting your nerves. That's the great thing about benzos: The gift that keeps on giving. And oh, wouldn't it be great is they could fix your fear? I hope they add anxiety to it. :smitten: :smitten:

Mozart my dear. I really don't know what PID stands for. I think your high HR and BP are due to w/d. I've seen it here many times before. I think you have major things going on right now. First, your medical health. 2nd, the constant benzo switch is affecting your poor CNS. 3rd, and I really hate to say this, but I don't think the K will work for you 100% anymore. Your history proves it. I really don't get it why your doctors can speak to each other w/o your approval. In my state, I have to sign a consent form to who my pdoc can speak to. By name. So let's say my endo calls my pdoc and asks him some questions about me. The endo can ask, but the pdoc cannot respond. So if she asks which meds I am on, there is silence on the other end. Or he says, I'm sorry, but I cannot talk about my patient. I know you are doing titration, and that seems to work for many. But my dry micro off K has worked very well for me as well. I don't think they are much different anyway.  I finally figured out why I asked builder similar questions multiple times about the liquid valium. I thought I had short term memory problems. But the fact is that right now, I am incapable of learning new things. It just doesn't register. I feel like a fool. I hope the new CT works for you. Otherwise, I don't know what else you can do. I really feel for you. It must cause you a lot of stress and anxiety. :'(

Mrtmeo: Thanks for not being mad at me. :) I have already printed out your links and will give them to my pdoc when I see him on Tuesday. I called my insurance and they said they won't pay a dime for any compounding pharmacy. :'(

:smitten: :smitten:

Bets

I have to do liquids and that prep all day today. Already nauseated so that should be fun. Scared of dehydration. Ashton says in w/d one can have urinary problems. Seems no matter how much I drink, nothing comes out. I have to keep drinking tons today with that prep. I hope it works out. I am going to go for the Versed and Demerol tomorrow. I need a day of feeling normal again.

Mo

Please call your doctor and ask to use this drink for your prep (it's brand new and called Prepopik). I used it and it's delish and you only have to take two small cups as opposed to drinking gallons of that gross prep. Trust me this prep is amazing!! Good luck.

http://www.prepopik.com/

Please call your doctor and ask to use this drink for your prep (it's brand new and called Prepopik). I used it and it's delish and you only have to take two small cups as opposed to drinking gallons of that gross prep. Trust me this prep is amazing!! Good luck.

That is awesome, Fran.

My mom took 3 days to drink the 48 oz of prep at the hospital for her colonoscopy and it had nasty aspartame in it.

Bets I don't think they are talking to each other. I know if they are in the same group they can see all the notes from docs in that group and ER. The other PCP is in a different group. She did see the other doctor's name and asked if it was a new primary doc. I said no because I hadn't established with her fully. I don't know if I should get the CT. I had one with no contrast that was normal on July 5th. If I get this one my PCP won't see it and I don't want to keep the doctor who ordered it. Or she might see it somehow and find out. I don't want to lose her. I need someone. I wish I were back in a big city to get the help I need.

I hope I don't have seizures.  I read the warning on the prep about seizures, electrolytes, many other things. Don't know if my dose of k is too low and if I am at risk. V out of my system by now.

I lay here today in horrible w/d. No k isn't working. This reminds me of a time when I had been taking Dalmane for four years from 1976 to 1980. I tried to c/t because I didn't know back then and I felt such bad w/d with this racing mind and severe sx I lasted less than a day.

I wish so much I knew then what is known today

But what do I do about this and the k?  How do I stay on it with horrible w/d? I am getting the drugs tomorrow which will give me relief but they wear off. Then I worry about desaturating.  I have an overnight oximetry coming today. Tonight I could try it without my CPAP then tomorrow with. But I will probably go too low. Agitated as Hell. I use benadryl and propanolol to help calm my w/d sx but shouldn't use Benadryl today. I have to stay hydrated. This has become too much. Shivering. Having to prep soon which will make me colder. Fever. For all I know I have become allergic yo benzos. Fever already 100 today.

And I have no lung doctor to help if I go too low. He's the guy that said fever is from PTSD! Also promised to order the overnight oximeter and never did. Had to get the PCP to order plus allergy/asthma doc ordered. I need to know though. I need to try to sleep which may be impossible and see if I go too low. I NEED SOME REAL HELP WITHOUT BEING DISMISSED!

Frantastic I don't think I can get that drink in time. Test is tomorrow.

I am really scared.

That is awesome, Fran.

Mozart8181 Mrtmeo- I know this is not a colonoscopy group however my husbands friend is a GI and he performed my colonoscopy. He recommended this brand new medicine and it was a breeze. The medicine was citrus flavor and it tasted delish. You have to drink two tiny cups one at 3 PM and then one at 8:00 PM. My prep was so easy and the test itself is nothing.

That is awesome, Fran.

Mozart8181 Mrtmeo- I know this is not a colonoscopy group however my husbands friend is a GI and he performed my colonoscopy. He recommended this brand new medicine and it was a breeze. The medicine was citrus flavor and it tasted delish. You have to drink two tiny cups one at 3 PM and then one at 8:00 PM. My prep was so easy and the test itself is nothing.

Thsts great news, my doctor is sfter me to have one bit I have been terified knowing I would vomit the prep. This might work,

Thanks,

Beth

Can't get tye new med. Have to start to drink prep in one hour. Hope tye Demerol and Versed, which will give me temporary relief from hellish w/d, won't take away my taper. I am worried as my doses of k are quite low. Don't want seizures

Can't get tye new med. Have to start to drink prep in one hour. Hope tye Demerol and Versed, which will give me temporary relief from hellish w/d, won't take away my taper. I am worried as my doses of k are quite low. Don't want seizures

My mom had versed for both an EGD and Colonoscopy while tapering at 1.5mg approx and she had no issues.

Versed is very fast acting.

Note: they didn't clean their scope well and they gave my mom something like a rotavirus and she had diarrhea for 5 days straight and vomitting for 3 days straight requiring IV fluids. I should have given her iodine, but didn't think of it until the 4th day. Be aware that dehydration can happen very fast without symptoms.

That's great news, my doctor is sfter me to have one bit I have been terified knowing I would vomit the prep. This might work,

Thanks,

Beth

Beth-My friend died of Colon Cancer he was only 56 years old and he never had a colonoscopy. Please don't put off this test it can save your life. If you can come off a Benzo you can prep for a colonoscopy. Once you get the Propofol its the best 20 minute nap that you will ever have:)

Scared of dehydration.  Drinking alot but still scared.

It is rare that someone ends up with a virus from a colonoscopy, but I just wanted you to know the possibility is there and to take the proper precautions. I'm sure your scope will be just fine and make sure to drink enuf water and use salt in your diet.

One point that was interesting when my mom got the EGD.

I told the PA that my mom was tapering valium and she said that they would be monitoring her and if there is a reaction, they have flumazenil on hand to administer to reverse the effects.

Flumazenil resets the benzo receptors putting someone into acute wd, but if one is still on their benzo's, they could just updose and hold til stable.

We didn't have to do that, but thought it might be something to be aware of.

I am scared. I read the insert on the prep. Says it can cause death or seizures. I am already sick and in severe withdrawals

It can cause arrythmias, seizures, dehydration. I have done this test many times. But not in an ill state like this not having eaten in weeks except soft foods. Lost 17 pounds in a couple weeks.

Hope prep is safe. Just started it. Plus it may flush out the benzos

I am scared. I read the insert on the prep. Says it can cause death or seizures. I am already sick and in severe withdrawals

It can cause arrythmias, seizures, dehydration. I have done this test many times. But not in an ill state like this not having eaten in weeks except soft foods. Lost 17 pounds in a couple weeks.

Hope prep is safe. Just started it. Plus it may flush out the benzos

If you are losing weight, you should be supplementing with protein shakes or something to keep your lean body mass.

If we don't eat enuf protein to support our existing muscle, our body will take protein from our organs.

It is very important that you at least, consume enuf protein.

Is this colonoscopy absolutely necessary or just routine?

Can you reschedule when you feel better or is there another scan or test that produce similar results?