Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Mrtmeo: I have to ask, what brand of liquid Valium was your mom taking? I ask this because my stupid insurance company said there is only one brand: Roxanne. They refused to tell me there was another liquid out there but I know there is. They in fact, wanted me to take injections instead. :crazy::idiot: If you can give me the name of the new brand, then I can call them up and force them to look into it. Oh. BTW, you are pretty close to the peak rate of Valium. Genentech told me that taken on an empty stomach, it will be 1:45. On a full stomach: 2:30. I surely hope you mom feels better on the new brand. I hope you feel well too!!!!

Hi Bets,

In order to get valium in a form that is not in radiator fluid, you will have to go to a compounding pharmacy.

There are compounding pharmacies every where.

Just have your dr call in your script to the compounding pharmacy to get your valium compounded in almond oil or what ever you want it in.

My mom's current radiator fluid valium is by Roxane.

Over a year ago, there was this discussion of what the liquid valiums were dissolved in and they said glycerin.

I should have checked and saved my mom's kidneys.

[5f...]

Mozart,

I did stay on Klonopin.  And yes, my fever went up and down.  I was in tolerance withdrawal and didn't know it.  These mysterious fevers stopped once I started reducing my dose.  The flank pain went away and was severe during December and January 2015.  I had to do to the ER because of it as I was screaming so loud from pain my children freaked; it was worse than natural childbirth.  I did look on BB at that time and found other sufferers who experienced the same so I chalked it up to withdrawal.  I took a total of 2 pain med tablets to help stop the screaming.  The physical side effects can be quite severe.  I was very scared for awhile that I had cancer, too.  In hindsight, that fear was side effect of withdrawal.  All of this can be overwhelming for some of us.  The physical side effects are mostly gone for now.  They may return but at least I know have comfort in knowing what is causing them.  I think others have made some good suggestions about what to do, they've been with you through this entire ordeal.  I think I speak for the rest when I say we want you to feel better.  Please remember, I  can only offer about my experience.  Others here know you better.  I hope this makes sense.  I made a cut a few days ago and am not feeling well today.  Maybe this helps?

mrtmeo

I found your post very helpful,  I tried to split my 2.5 mg Valium in 5 parts,  Like used to do with Ativan, 1.0 mg Ativan in 4 parts.

but I didn't have good results,  yesterday I felt very bad all day,  I going back to my 1mg V  in the morning, 1 mg around noon, and 0.5  mg before bed.  I don't sleep well I wake up at 4 am, but stay in bed until 6:30 am,  then I start feeling the worst.  I just took a 1 mg V. I will wait 2 hours to see how I feel. 

Thanks

Tex 

Hi tex,

I tried my mom on 3 doses of v per day and it didn't work well, so I went back to twice per day.

When she was in the hospital, I had to switch her dose to once per day, at night because the nurses can't get the times right and their pharmacy takes forever to get the script to the nurses.

Everyone is different, but there is a reason Dr Ashton made the tapers keep the night time dose more important.

Sleep is absolutely necessary for the whole body to heal, so keeping the sleep going by taking the highest dose at night worked best for  Ashton.

When my mom  was at her worst, 2 doses per day worked better than one, but everyone is different.

Tex, I also stopped dosing five times or four times a day on Valium.

It's not necessary , because of it s long acting properties. I used to on Ativan, because of inter dose withdrawal xs.

I dosed three times a day throughout my taper and now twice a day since I recently eliminated my mid afternoon dose.

I thinking maybe that switch did it for you... The dose might be too little for one?

Maybe try going back and see and wait it out a bit ?

I'm now eliminating my morning dose and saving the night time dose for last, for sure.

Mrtmeo: I have to ask, what brand of liquid Valium was your mom taking? I ask this because my stupid insurance company said there is only one brand: Roxanne. They refused to tell me there was another liquid out there but I know there is. They in fact, wanted me to take injections instead. :crazy::idiot: If you can give me the name of the new brand, then I can call them up and force them to look into it. Oh. BTW, you are pretty close to the peak rate of Valium. Genentech told me that taken on an empty stomach, it will be 1:45. On a full stomach: 2:30. I surely hope you mom feels better on the new brand. I hope you feel well too!!!!

Hi Bets,

In order to get valium in a form that is not in radiator fluid, you will have to go to a compounding pharmacy.

There are compounding pharmacies every where.

Just have your dr call in your script to the compounding pharmacy to get your valium compounded in almond oil or what ever you want it in.

My mom's current radiator fluid valium is by Roxane.

Over a year ago, there was this discussion of what the liquid valiums were dissolved in and they said glycerin.

I should have checked and saved my mom's kidneys.

That's what I've used for 16 months. Valium powder in organic almond oil,

It's 2:1 ratio, meaning 1 ml of Liquid is 0.5 mgr Valium.

It's in a 60 ml bottle , lasts me about 3 months and is about 65 dollars.

It's pure Valium powder , meaning no fillers.

Hi Mozart:

Things seem to be just getting worse for you. :'( I'm sorry all of this is happening. I want to ask you, are you taking the Mylan generic brand of Valium? If so, that manufacturer has been in trouble with the FDA. Teva is best, IMO. I have been taking it all along and feel fine on it. You can special order it from your pharmacy. What did you end up doing last night? I think Kazt gave you the link to the conversation rate. I did so myself and I knew it all along anyway but 1 mg of K = 20 mg of Valium. 1 mg of Ativan equals 10 mg of Valium. No, pls don't go back on Klonopin. You cannot tolerate it and it stopped working for you a while ago. So you will be just getting sick and have no effect from a benzo. I think the question posted by I think Liberty and someone else should give you food for thought. Perhaps it is not the Valium, but the fillers. I have seen this posted before many times. Then that person switches to a different brand and they do OK on it. What to do about that fever of yours? Well, I frankly have to say that I am stumped. Unless it a s/x from Valium. If you have a choice of either Ativan or Xanax, well, that's up to you. I have taken Xanax in the past for years and years and got very bad I/D w/d. I have never read anything here nice about Ativan. So it's into the fireplace from the boiling pot. So it's no wonder you are at odds what to do. But I would steer very clear of any klonopin. I must tell you: It will not work for you. So if your doc suggested .5 mg twice a day, they maybe you should listen to him. That equals 20 mg of Valium, not so far off from the 18 you are already taking. Of course you will feel sedated at first, because you still have Valium in your system. But I bet after a while, you will need to dose more than twice a day. I can't wait until tomorrow to see what you doctor says. I hope he/she is a good one. Try and not over worry, dear. Things will be figured out. Another reminder: no more Librium. :thumbsup:

Liberty: I forgot earlier on what I experiences I have on Valium. When I take it in the am, I go back to sleep. When I take it at night, it does nothing to help me sleep. Nothing. So I am dosing 10 mg in the am now, and 30 mg at night. It still doesn't help me sleep. I think once reason is when you wake up in the morning, you just want to roll over and go back to sleep. I think your brain is half asleep when you wake up. So when you take the am dose, it kicks in and puts you back to sleep. But at night, when most of us feel better, then we are wide awake. K was a real kicker for me at bed. Valium is like taking candy at night.

Arianna: I will be thinking of you in your time of trouble. I think the best thing you can do, if able, is quality sleep, eat right, have a positive mindset and exercise. Some find meditation to work very well. I doesn't work for me. My mind races too much. Yoga is also an option.

Texas: How are you doing, buddy? And your daughter's animals? I hope you can have a good day. :thumbsup:

((((((My doodle noodle moodle?))))))

I hope I didn't miss anyone and wish every V-er a great day!

:smitten: :smitten:

Bets

Hi Bets,

I hope you have a great day too,  my Daughter's  dogs are fine, I have to take care of them while she is in Europe taking summer classes, 

I'm glad she is coming this weekend,  I have to drive to Dallas to pick her up. no fun, but same time I'm suppose to be in vacation and enjoying the trip.  we'll see how that goes!  I hope be stable for that day.   

I'm learning new things everyday ,  I have to take the biggest doses at night to get better sleep.

Hi Mozart:

I'm sorry all of this is happening.  you will be fine, same thing happened to me and everything was OK.

be strong, get some family support.  stay positive.

Hi Moodle,

what is that Valium Powder?    in organic almond oil,

" It's in a 60 ml bottle , lasts me about 3 months and is about 65 dollars."  how did you get it, my doctor doesn't want to prescribe liquid Valium. 

BB

I need to start the liquid valium taper,  can someone send me some links for the Valium Liquid taper method,  I saw in someone signature, but I dont remember who.

Thanks  you  all  my buddies!!!

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Tex, it's liquid from a compound pharmacy. It's a pharmacy that does custom made medicines.

If your doc doesn't want to prescribe liquid, then she won't give you this either, since you'll need a script for it, which your doc would send to the pharmacy .

Valium powder just means Valium in powder form. But for pills they need fillers , to make it into a pill. The Active ingredient Valium itself won't be enoug to make pills from ( and I'm sure there's a lot of other reasons ) so your pill has fillers to make it into a pill. VERY simply put.

My Valium powder is dissolved by the pharmacist , In almond oil. That's what I use to taper with.

So I don't get the fillers in my Valium that are needed to make a pill out of it.

Does that make sense ?

The signatories you saw might have been from Diaz-Pam.

She explains very very well how to do titration with your own pills.

Here is the link to it.

Valium: daily taper using Roxane liquid or milk

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97511.msg1248599#msg1248599

Valium daily taper using vodka

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

Just wanted to say hi! I've resumed my micro taper, after a miserable 5 weeks on milk thistle and a 3 week hold. Off the milk thistle. Things are improving. SHEESH. Who knew??

It's great to see you all ... Moo, KittyKatz, mr, builder, tex ... And welcome willdo!!!

Hugs and healing to all!!!

Love,

Snow

Just wanted to say hi! I've resumed my micro taper, after a miserable 5 weeks on milk thistle and a 3 week hold. Off the milk thistle. Things are improving. SHEESH. Who knew??

It's great to see you all ... Moo, KittyKatz, mr, builder, tex ... And welcome willdo!!!

Love,

Snow

Wow, Snow... Looks like you found the culprit. So glad you did. Wasn't it Meo saying this?

The blessing of the buDdies  ;D

I'm happy to see you're able to move again with your taper. No shame Ina. Three week hold. At all.

I've been doing the same thing here. Making a cut tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the sambucol tip. My son had a bit of a cold a few days back and I gave it to him, too. No more cold! :smitten:

How high did your fever get? So you don't think it was from the Valium? I switched back to Klonopin to which I am tolerant only yesterday and today? Should I get back on Valium and pick up where I left off?

Thank you for the insight. Please let me know how high your fevers were.

I can tell there is also something medically wrong as every day midday my shivering starts and spikes to 100 fever. I am freezing all the time on hot days or burning up. Now there is a bright white coating on my tongue. So, there's no doubt about something else wrong.

However, switching benzos back and forth bad idea. I guess I will now have to stay on the .8 mg klonopin a day at this point. I am unfortunately tolerant to it.

Thanks willdoit

Same thing happened to you Tex? What happened?

This is sure good to hear, Snow:

Just wanted to say hi! I've resumed my micro taper, after a miserable 5 weeks on milk thistle and a 3 week hold. Off the milk thistle. Things are improving.

And tex, you can, as Moodle suggests, use milk for liquid titration, or use vodka, as I and some other buddies, do. Using liquid (or liquefied) valium makes microtapering very easy. I'm glad Moo gave you the links. You can read all about it. I chose vodka because it makes a solution, not a suspension, and I needed to have everything going for me. I think you will find microtapering works very well.

I just wanted to point out that our buddy Carita is getting ready to jump -- the 17th I believe. jjrosk, another buddy, is jumping on the 29th. Carita has been in the trenches with us for a long, long time and I sure wish her all the best. jjrosk had a horrendous time crossing from K to V, but persisted, and did a smart microtaper with only a few glitches. Moodle is in the air ready to put her flaps down pretty soon right behind those two . . . Smiff is circling, making her approach, and I am in line following Smiff. Most likely. If I have missed anyone in this bunch of prospective jumpers. I apologize.

Hope we all have a good day and a good week!

Okatz

Love,

Snow

Snow,

Nice to heard from you,  I'm glad you dropped 1 mg in a month,  what method are you using? 

3 weeks hold is good, I'm holding forever in 2.5 v, I need to start daily liquid V.

hugs

Tex

[5f...]

Mozart,

If I recall, my fever fluctuated and if it got too high, around 101, I would take ibu to lower it.  It was frustrating and scary at the time. I'm glad you've had a thorough work-up to rule out anything sinister.  I wish I had something more helpful to offer you.  I hope you feel better soon.

Love,

Snow

Wow, Snow... Looks like you found the culprit. So glad you did. Wasn't it Meo saying this?

The blessing of the buDdies  ;D

I'm happy to see you're able to move again with your taper. No shame Ina. Three week hold. At all.

I've been doing the same thing here. Making a cut tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the sambucol tip. My son had a bit of a cold a few days back and I gave it to him, too. No more cold! :smitten:

My sweet mooooo,

I'm so GLAD it helped your dear son, too! (I have such a soft spot for boys, as I've raised two ... 20 and 21 now ... And they are my life's JOY.)

How are the gawwwwwgeous tulips in the homeland?

Love,

Snow

Love,

Snow

Snow,

Nice to heard from you,  I'm glad you dropped 1 mg in a month,  what method are you using? 

3 weeks hold is good, I'm holding forever in 2.5 v, I need to start daily liquid V.

hugs

Tex

Dear Tex,

I'm doing the V & V (vodka and Valium) ... It was going very smoothly. I heard about milk thistle helping your liver, and I knew Valium was processed in the liver, so I started taking it about 5 weeks ago.

I have been in agony, no idea why.

Someone on here said something about milk thistle tea causing trouble, so I dropped it. I noticed a difference in 24 hours!!

I resumed tapering Monday, 1.5 ml/day, of a 1:1 solution.

You sound like you're doing well , which makes me SO HAPPY for you!!

Love, Snow

Just wanted to say hi! I've resumed my micro taper, after a miserable 5 weeks on milk thistle and a 3 week hold. Off the milk thistle. Things are improving.

And tex, you can, as Moodle suggests, use milk for liquid titration, or use vodka, as I and some other buddies, do. Using liquid (or liquefied) valium makes microtapering very easy. I'm glad Moo gave you the links. You can read all about it. I chose vodka because it makes a solution, not a suspension, and I needed to have everything going for me. I think you will find microtapering works very well.

I just wanted to point out that our buddy Carita is getting ready to jump -- the 17th I believe. jjrosk, another buddy, is jumping on the 29th. Carita has been in the trenches with us for a long, long time and I sure wish her all the best. jjrosk had a horrendous time crossing from K to V, but persisted, and did a smart microtaper with only a few glitches. Moodle is in the air ready to put her flaps down pretty soon right behind those two . . . Smiff is circling, making her approach, and I am in line following Smiff. Most likely. If I have missed anyone in this bunch of prospective jumpers. I apologize.

Okatz

I have no real comment.

But I adore you.  To kitty-katting BITS.

Love,

Snow

[5f...]

Mozart,

I'm a little confused when you mention that you are tolerant to K.  Maybe others can chime in if they feel inclined.  It's my thought that many run into tolerance while on their benzo and/or on the way down.  In my experience this was part of the withdrawal process, dealing with tolerance issues, aka withdrawal, then designing a taper to minimize the suffering.  I could be wrong and am maybe caught up on language too much!!  I certainly don't mean to confuse things more than they are already.  In my experience, I hit "tolerance" and then crept slowly down.  It wasn't easy and still isn't particularly pleasant, yet it is doable and I'm down to a place I never thought I'd be 18 months ago.  I really hope you feel better and find a stable dose.  As you know your CNS has had a workout.  I think if you do a search you'll find BB suffered with similar physical side effects, maybe that will help your fear. 

Sorry your suffering so much Mo.

Love,

Snow

Milk Thistle interactions

http://www.rxlist.com/milk_thistle-page3/supplements.htm

Okatz

Katz...

Yep, it's good to see everyone getting to the finish line. thanks for writing this post. It sure makes me see again how far we have come.

The 17th and 29th this thread will be party's central for Carita and JJ.  :clap:

I think you, Smiffy and myself will be within weeks of each other.

And I also think Meo's mom will not be far off as well. She is at 0.3 if I'm not mistaken .

So weird ...the days never seem to pass and I'm filling my pill jar with 5 mgr pills three times a day . And suddenly you're here, under 1 mgr. it's surreal thinking I'll never have to cut pills and pull liquid up again in a few months.

Hope you're doing okay today, Katz. You've been irreplaceable on my journey. I'll be for ever grateful

:smitten:

This maybe a little deep for this thread but I feel it is important.

Those who have a CYP450 enzyme deficiency seem to have a difficult time with the drug working and the withdrawals.

I found this study on rats showing that fatty liver can cause a deficiency in the cyp450 enzyme.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3814957/

Isn't that the enzyme that Time for a Change is lacking, Meo?

And I think Rosegal, too.

Their docs did a test on it...

Meo, we posted at the same time.

How is your mom? And how are you?

She is ok.

Her dr will call in the rx with the almond oil on monday.

She had some bad depression and restlessness last night but during the day she was ok.

How are you doing?

This maybe a little deep for this thread but I feel it is important.

Those who have a CYP450 enzyme deficiency seem to have a difficult time with the drug working and the withdrawals.

I found this study on rats showing that fatty liver can cause a deficiency in the cyp450 enzyme.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3814957/

Isn't that the enzyme that Time for a Change is lacking, Meo?

And I think Rosegal, too.

Their docs did a test on it...

I am not sure if they had a test for it.

I haven't been as vigilant at reading posts this year, sigh.

I know my friend must have this deficiency because he has fatty liver and flushing his liver.

He will probably have to do 1 flush per month for a year or 2 to get his liver cleared out, but his withdrawal symptoms are still interfering with his life at 21 months off 3 weeks of k, low dose and ct.