Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Have appointment in 40 min with gp. To make sure.

Now I do have a fever :-[

Let us know what he says. You know in WD our immune system is weaker than normal so we do tend to pick up whatever is going around!

But I am sure it is nothing serious so don't let your mind go there!  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU

It's a light respiratory infection. I got something called Z-Pack. Something something antibiotics to be taken once a day for five days? I've never had this before. Anyone know this ?

She wants me to take it only when my symptoms worsen.

But I'm afraid it will get worse as it has been.

She said if I didn't have to fly, she would not have given me anything. That it's probably viral and not bacterial. And right now my inside of the nose looks read and irritated, my taste buds are swollen and I feel like my throat is a desert.

Sigh... Not sure what to do.

Sorry, guys :-\

It's just all a bit overwhelming, I guess, i eveb cried at the doctors office. Like some neurotic weirdo.

It's not that I was crying over a sore throat...it just happened. :-[

Ohhhhhh, moo!!! I'm so sorry!!! I just now saw your posts, my friend.

Please let us know what the doc says. I definitely think withdrawal multiplies whatever illness our bodies might be trying to fight, so a lot of this might be related to travel anxiety freaking out your CNS, then your weakened body just giving out a little bit.

Please be gentle with yourself; sometimes just a night's rest makes all the difference in the world.

Oh!!!! Have you ever taken Sambucol? They sell it at CVS. It's actually elderberry, not meds. But if you take it as recommended (zero side effects ... Honest! It's just elderberry) it might heal you. My husband was getting the flu, took it for 24 hours, was fully back to normal. As soon as I get the tiniest sore throat, I get right on it. My whole family does. No real colds or flus in a year!!!

And GOBBLE vitamin C!!!

I'll watch for what your doc says. Don't be scared. You'll be fine; I'm sure of it, hon.

Love,

Snow

Let us know what he says. You know in WD our immune system is weaker than normal so we do tend to pick up whatever is going around!

But I am sure it is nothing serious so don't let your mind go there!  :thumbsup:

Hugs:

ATU

It's a light respiratory infection. I got something called Z-Pack. Something something antibiotics to be taken once a day for five days? I've never had this before. Anyone know this ?

She wants me to take it only when my symptoms worsen.

But I'm afraid it will get worse as it has been.

She said if I didn't have to fly, she would not have given me anything. That it's probably viral and not bacterial. And right now my inside of the nose looks read and irritated, my taste buds are swollen and I feel like my throat is a desert.

Sigh... Not sure what to do.

Sorry, guys :-\

It's just all a bit overwhelming, I guess, i eveb cried at the doctors office. Like some neurotic weirdo.

It's not that I was crying over a sore throat...it just happened. :-[

Oooops!! Posted at the same time!!

Moo!!! Try the Sambucol!!! If it's a light respiratory thing, I'd be shocked if the S. doesn't fix it for you! There are yummy little pills (that taste like Smarties) you can dissolve on your tongue, or lozenges, or liquid. The box is purple, and it's usually with the stuff for colds. It's a miracle thing, imo.

I wish you were here; I'd give you mine!!

Love,

Snow

:hug:Moo,

If it's viral the Antibiotic will do nothing but it can't hurt to take it I guess.

I suppose you can try and get a good nights sleep and maybe in the morning you will be feeling better.

If you don't feel better then you could start taking the Med.

Hang in there and stay cool!  :thumbsup:

Here's a hug!  :hug:

:smitten:

ATU

:hug:Moo,

If it's viral the Antibiotic will do nothing but it can't hurt to take it I guess.

I suppose you can try and get a good nights sleep and maybe in the morning you will be feeling better.

If you don't feel better then you could start taking the Med.

Hang in there and stay cool!  :thumbsup:

Here's a hug!  :hug:

:smitten:

ATU

That's what I'll do.

Sleep first and when it gets worse, maybe take it.

I know... It won't do a thing for viral stuff. But if my ear starts to hurt more, I think it's time.

Don't want to fly with an ear infection...

Thanks Atu. :smitten:

Hey, Mood. About this:

Yes I've taken a Z-pack twice during w/d. No big deal. Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. I had no side effects.

But why not give the Sambucol a try first? Sounds very promising. Doctor Snowstorm!!! I have to keep this in mind for future!!

You could send your husband to the drugstore?  >:D

I am not at all surprised that you cried at the doc's office, Mood. You are on the eve of your big trip . . . and now this? I would have cried, too.

Maybe just eat something light and go to bed, sweetie? Oh, and drink lots.

Moo,

Good for you, you took charge of the situation.  My husband had the same thing it must be going around calif.  He did get worse and he did go on antibiotics and it got better. How are you on antibiotics?  If it were me and I knew I was getting worse and going on a long plane trip I would probably take them, but thats me and I am probably a lot older than you.

Or see how you feel in the morning?  I wish I knew when you are leaving.

Crying is a good thing in my opinion, cry away, you are in withdrawal and sick, crying is perfectly acceptable. I have become abnormally brilliant at it too.

River

Moo

Yeah Z pac is good, quick course. But I would say to avoid the antibiotics.  Use any natural means you can.

So sorry Moo

Here's something from PubMed for those inquiring minds who want to know:

Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulations activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Sambucol might therefore be beneficial to the immune system activation and in the inflammatory process in healthy individuals or in patients with various diseases

Wow.

Thanks, Snow! I'm going to stock up for next flu season.

Sambucol Elderberry Extract and its formulations activate the healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production. Sambucol might therefore be beneficial to the immune system activation and in the inflammatory process in healthy individuals or in patients with various diseases

Wow.

It is an actual miracle. I'm not kidding. In 24 hours, if you take it as directed, it will HEAL a light respiratory infection ... No need for drugs!!

moo, I know what "I'll look into it" means! Darn it, girl! I really think this stuff will help!! I promise!!

(I apologize for being a bully, but I care about you. I would bully my kids on this issue too. But I don't have to. Know why? If they even sniffle once, THEY TAKE THEIR SAMBUCOL!)

Love you, dear moo!

Snow

Thank you all so much. You guys are the best .

Sorry to be such a whiner.

Hubby is at CVS as we speak to get the sambucol and also to get the antibiotics which I will keep with me in case I get worse.

I've not been feeling very well for two days so it does look like it got worse today. Maybe it'll be a bit better in the morning.

River, was your husband feeling like he was just totally dried out in his throat and nose?

It's not like a cold where you sneeze and have a runny nose. In fact , it's super dry and I'm thirsty as hell all the time.

I'm 42 River. And I leave Saturday morning super duper early.

I've avoided sugar for the most part of my taper and all lozenges are so sweet, I swear they make me jittery.

::) alright, Moo... Breathe... I didn't die at the doctors office.

Wow.

It is an actual miracle. I'm not kidding. In 24 hours, if you take it as directed, it will HEAL a light respiratory infection ... No need for drugs!!

moo, I know what "I'll look into it" means! Darn it, girl! I really think this stuff will help!! I promise!!

(I apologize for being a bully, but I care about you. I would bully my kids on this issue too. But I don't have to. Know why? If they even sniffle once, THEY TAKE THEIR SAMBUCOL!)

Love you, dear moo!

Snow

Whoooooaaaa! I'm on it. I'm getting it...

( slowly backing away....backing away....RUN, mOO)

Thanks so much for that tip. I'll take it after I eat.

I'm not nauseous or anything. That's good.

Ok. Ill let you know tomorrow it it helped. If not, I'll bully YOU. ;)

Thanks so much. :smitten:

Hey, Mood. About this:

Yes I've taken a Z-pack twice during w/d. No big deal. Azithromycin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. I had no side effects.

But why not give the Sambucol a try first? Sounds very promising. Doctor Snowstorm!!! I have to keep this in mind for future!!

You could send your husband to the drugstore?  >:D

I am not at all surprised that you cried at the doc's office, Mood. You are on the eve of your big trip . . . and now this? I would have cried, too.

Maybe just eat something light and go to bed, sweetie? Oh, and drink lots.

Katz, you're the very bestest.  :smitten:

Thank you all so much. You guys are the best .

Sorry to be such a whiner.

Hubby is at CVS as we speak to get the sambucol and also to get the antibiotics which I will keep with me in case I get worse.

I've not been feeling very well for two days so it does look like it got worse today. Maybe it'll be a bit better in the morning.

River, was your husband feeling like he was just totally dried out in his throat and nose?

It's not like a cold where you sneeze and have a runny nose. In fact , it's super dry and I'm thirsty as hell all the time.

I'm 42 River. And I leave Saturday morning super duper early.

I've avoided sugar for the most part of my taper and all lozenges are so sweet, I swear they make me jittery.

::) alright, Moo... Breathe... I didn't die at the doctors office.

Moo, my husband started with a mild sore throat and then the coughing started. No sneezing or runny nose.  It eventually turned into bronchitis and thats when it got bad.  He was sick for a month but.... he is 65 much older than you.

When my babies were little we used Elderberry Flower Cough syrup from the health store.  It does soothe the throat and helps with cough.  Good call Snowstorm I forgot all about that. 

Mood, maybe get a bag of sugar free lozenges. They won't bounce your blood sugar around!

Doctor Katz

Mood, maybe get a bag of sugar free lozenges. They won't bounce your blood sugar around!

Doctor Katz

Ay, too bad we aren't supposed to post memes and pics here on the open forum.

I had a good one for that, Dr. katzzz

Hi Moo:

Geez, I take the day off and come back to this! I am so sorry you are feeling miserable when you have to take that plane trip soon. Perhaps it cane be a combo of anticipatory anxiety as well as a cold. I've taken Z packs before and never had a problem with them. Tho I do hear people from all over the country seem to be getting colds. You wouldn't think so in summer. I'm glad your hubby went and picked it up, plus Elderberry. Snow says it works very well, so I hope you have given it a try. It can't hurt. I am wishing you only the best, you poor thing. Crying is fine. I think it actually helps, so cry away! You have tomorrow to see how you feel. Luckily you are all packed. I hope you don't have a bad fever or a bad ear infection. Like you said, just breathe. You will find out tomorrow how you feel. If you can make the plane trip, them you are nearly home. Then you can be the patient and let your family take care of you. If you have an ear infection, best to take ear plugs, just to be safe. And rest my dear! And drink plenty of fluids. I once asked a doctor because I was concerned that drinking too much water can result in your medication/vitamins will pass through your system too quickly. And he said no, you can never drink too much water. Most of the drugs have to metabolize through your liver, so water shouldn't be the problem. Just remember, if you drink a lot late at night, expect to have to get up at night to pee. I once complained to someone at the Y that I was too tired to make the drive and be there. And she responded, as long as you got in your car you are 75% there. I think if you can make it to the airport, you'll be able to handle the plane ride. Then you will be: HOME! Please take care of yourself and try and get plenty of sleep and let us know how you are doing tomorrow. I luv ya, kid! :mybuddy::hug:

Mozart: I only just got back home and logged in. I am dying to know what the doctor said. I am very curious what he told you to do about your benzos and that fever of yours. He must be very compassionate, to call you today. I'm sorry you are bedridden; I didn't realize that. You must be using an iPAD. I know I get bedridden when I have a bad bout of fatigue. What I do is get a bunch of movies together and watch them, only to nap in between them. Then I try tackling a very hard read: Joni Mitchell's auto. That makes me very tired as the print is so small. But being bedridden for just one day is such a bore. I can't imagine it every day! I won't give you any advice, as you said you were going to do what Dr. Madill told you to do. He knows best. About that UTI: I never had one in my entire life until I began my taper. I had to ask my mom why I had the urge to urinate but very little came out and I felt it was burning. Sure enough. I went to Urgent Care and I had a UTI. Several times. Luckily I haven't had one for months but every time I go into the bathroom I keep wondering if I will have pain. It's something I cannot get out of my head, as I know I will have to take ABs and I really hate them. So many people seem to be doing fine and then Bam! They take an AB and have to suffer badly, even if it is not a quinolone.

I know you need BB right now. I just assumed you were able to get out of the house. So please stay as we all love you here and want to help. I'm glad you don't have to wait until after the holidays to speak with Madill. It's done and now you are on your way to being more healthy. That's really great news. What you have been waiting for, for a long time. :thumbsup: Now perhaps you don't have to see an IDD again. That didn't go well anyway. Just stay his course and before you know it, you will start being back to your old self. Maybe not 100% yourself, but at least better than 0%. So take sweetie and just do the best you are able to do. And if you feel that you want to share what he said, I think we'd all like to hear. But do what you feel is best. If you are able to watch TV or better yet, a good movie, I think that will help you distract. I hope you are eating my dear!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Tex:  :'( :'( :'( Feel better buddy. Panic attacks are nasty. I have learned to avoid them just by telling myself they will come and I won't die from them. And then yet, they don't come. I haven't had one for over a year. Because I expect and learn to accept them that they will come. So it notches down my anticipatory anxiety. The mind is a very powerful thing. :smitten:  :smitten:

I sure hope everybody has a better night and a whole better day tomorrow. Seems it can't get much worse. :'(

Bets

Moo sorry you are sick. Feel better soon.

It's too long to tell you all he said. Going back on Valium though.

I want to know if ANY of you have had UTI symptoms from withdrawal?

I have to pee little drops VERY VERY frequently. You all know I have been freezing in 100 degree weather.

Those are UTI symptoms for me. Had a severe UTI last year untreated. Went into delirium. Never had a fever though as I do now for many weeks.

But I saw something like that on the w/d list.

Hopefully when you feel a bit better you'll be able to post about it. It could be helpful to others, too

:thumbsup:

Bets thank you. I love all of you as well. Actually I have been bedridden all year. My most neurotic self came out to Dr. Mandilll. Firstly it was so bloody expensive (and we are broke!) I felt I had to talk so fast just so as to get the time in with him. Some of what he said was confusing and I wish I had recorded the call. Darn it. Then I could have listened again. I wrote 3 emails to him via his receptionist after the call for more clarification. I hope he will reply unless he thinks I am a Moron. You all know how frantic I can get. Well I was! Dammit

About the fever he really didn't know what to make of it. He said people can get fever from being stressed and isolated. I never have and I have been way stressed and isolated. So I don't really buy that too much. But he DID tell me to go back on the Valium. I am to take. 25 Klonopin with a 5 mg Valium twice a day for two weeks. Then I can do one of three things for the next two weeks. I can take 5 mg V morning, 5 midday and ten at night OR I can take 7 mg V 3x day OR take 10 mg V twice a day. I will probably do the latter so I can get to where I was and popping less pills as Ashton says. But midday is hardest for my anxiety.

Went to urgent care today after the call for urine culture. I am scared to death of antibiotics. At least the dip was clear as preliminary.

The IDD ruined things for me. I called that group of IDD docs and wanted a second opinion. Because they read his f***med up chart notes which were so off the mark and dismissive none of them will see me.

I found a different group whom I didn't know existed here. So I have to see my former PCP as of tomorrow. (She just thinks I haven't seen her in ages

Has anyone broke their tolerance by resuming their taper? I believe I have done this in the past. It has been a long hold because of other medical issues. I am knee-deep in tolerance to the V now, so I'm really scared to resume my taper. Really, really scared, because you're supposed to start out as stable as possible. That is not possible for me - so I am wondering if anyone has found some stability after commencing or resuming a taper?

Growing very desperate.  :'(

And she doesn't know I left her for a new one) and I will not even mention benzos, w/d or PTSD and hopefully talk her into referring me to an IDD in their group for this chronic fever. I will tell her I was in a clinic out of town and a doctor recommended it or something like that. I want her to see NO other records from other docs or hospitals.

So she will probably repeat a bunch of bloodwork and tests I already had before referring me. If she will. I hope she will. I want to get to the source of this.

Dr. Mandill said nowhere in his literature does it say Valium causes a fever so he wants me back on it.

What if I have to live with a fever, looking and feeling like I have the flu chronically, freezing when it's 100 degrees and with burning up sometimes including my skin burning? I guess some of those are bad w/d symptoms but I don't think the fever is. No one seems to know what to make of it. Dr. Madill said to keep a watchful eye on my sinuses and UTI stuff. He doesn't know I had a CT scan of sinuses normal and UTI culture normal a few weeks ago.

I wrote 3 emails to him after the call via his receptionist for clarity.  I hope he will reply.

His receptionist told me one mg klonopin equals 10 mg valium. Ashton says otherwise. He instructed me with Ashton's equivalents.  I guess he does it differently with each patient not sure.

Well I am relieved to get Valium back. He said it's much better to taper from. He either said it was harder to go from k to v or vice versatile. I don't know which he meant. He also got confused at times during the call.

So. Trying not to hate myself for being so neurotic with him and sending 3 emails. I hope for replies to them. I hope he has come upon people as nutty and freaked out as I was in his years of treating benzo w/d. He did say the brain can heal even after so many years like mine. In the email I asked him what does one do when the initial horrible symptoms inevitably come back after taper.

I know I am in for a long hard road.

We all are or have been. I cannot fathom this. Benzos were never like this before. They were always easy to taper before. BUT when my flashbacks came back after I always went back to them.

Wishing you all a good night. Moo take care and get well quickly. Hopefully you won't need the AB.

Wow.

Love you, dear moo!

Snow

Whoooooaaaa! I'm on it. I'm getting it...

( slowly backing away....backing away....RUN, mOO)

Thanks so much for that tip. I'll take it after I eat.

I'm not nauseous or anything. That's good.

Ok. Ill let you know tomorrow it it helped. If not, I'll bully YOU. ;)

Thanks so much. :smitten:

Moo,  "  We love Moo" !!!!

I'm sorry you are feeling bad, the dried throat and nose are my first anxiety symptom, then the stomach, then the blood pressure, I think  you are having anxiety for your near trip.  I hope you like to fly,  I was afraid to fly before Benzo, now I cant even think of flying.

and you are in a very low dose, which is good, but the anxiety won't last longer,  you guys talked to me and I felt better, I stop working and relax on my desk, putting my legs up.  Thanks you have a lot of people that love you and care for you,  please get all the positive energy that we all are sending you,  be positive, we all be with you during your long trip.

watch positive affirmations by Louise hay in Youtube.

Hugs

Tex

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

thank you Tex...

I don't have any idea what's going on right now. I'm floating in and out of weirdness tonight.

Took two of Snows Sambucol by now.

I'm going to bed. I feel like I'm burning up. Then so tired...

No I'm not afraid to fly at all. I just hate it. It's too long and I think airplanes are gross, too.

Thanks Tex. signing off for a while

:hug: