Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hey Moo:

Thanks for the head's up. Phew! I just could not figure out what it was that I said to Snow. Now I am no longer in panic mode. :) Has your shakiness gone away? That is one symptom I am not looking forward to. Also the terrible T. I hope all is well today and you are getting there! Won't it be a nice feeling to be able to change your signature and say you are benzo-free? :smitten:

Anony:

Hey. Now I have to go look in the mirror and see if my eyes look weird too. I'm kinda scared to do so. Maybe it's sunglass time for the both of us. At least we both know we are not alone. Partners in sympathy. :smitten:

Mozart: I'm really sorry the Librium did not work out. Do you think you gave it enough time or could you tell right away? I saw, from reading your signature, that ADs caused you severe agitation. The same happened to me, plus I had very severe anxiety. I would rather take rat poison. Now I modified this post as I just read the one you posted now. I think going back to valium might be a good option for you. Do you plan to take Xanax along with it? You can make your final decision once you see the doc on Tuesday. I know, bad dreams are terrible. But I think you will be able to handle them until you see your doctor. I know Librium is probably the weakest drug out there, so that would not be my personal choice of a benzo. But hey, that's just me. I know I became tolerant to kpin years ago, but I didn't realize it at the time because my original provider put me on this very nasty drug also that caused me to sleep day and night and made me a walking zombie. Only when it was withdrawn from me did I realize that my kpin didn't work at all, and thus my insomnia began. Thank God, for the most part, it has gone away. I'll be thinking of you in your time of need. You are a very strong person to try and get off this drug after 39 years. I know a lot of other people would not be so strong. I am very proud of you. You will make it!!!

Hey Moo:

Thanks for the head's up. Phew! I just could not figure out what it was that I said to Snow. Now I am no longer in panic mode. :) Has your shakiness gone away? That is one symptom I am not looking forward to. Also the terrible T. I hope all is well today and you are getting there! Won't it be a nice feeling to be able to change your signature and say you are benzo-free? :smitten:

Anony:

Hey. Now I have to go look in the mirror and see if my eyes look weird too. I'm kinda scared to do so. Maybe it's sunglass time for the both of us. At least we both know we are not alone. Partners in sympathy. :smitten:

Mozart: I'm really sorry the Librium did not work out. Do you think you gave it enough time or could you tell right away? I saw, from reading your signature, that ADs caused you severe agitation. The same happened to me, plus I had very severe anxiety. I would rather take rat poison. I know I became tolerant to kpin years ago, but I didn't realize it at the time because my original provider put me on this very nasty drug also that caused me to sleep day and night and made me a walking zombie. Only when it was withdrawn from me did I realize that my kpin didn't work at all, and thus my insomnia began. Thank God, for the most part, it has gone away. I really hope the kpin works for you. Maybe it will. I know you would also like to take Xanax as well but that's a choice you have to make yourself. I'll be thinking of you in your time of need. You are a very strong person to try and get off this drug after 39 years. I know a lot of other people would not be so strong. I am very proud of you. You will make it!!!

Bets,

I'm very sick today, so I must be brief. Nooooooo!!! I wasn't talking to you at ALL!! I have admired and enjoyed you since my first day here! I think you're wonderful! And I'm so glad you're on the V-thread!

I was responding to Healingme (that's why I quoted it). That post just upset me; it seemed like he/she was fussing at the people on this thread.

I LOVE the people on this thread, and I tend to act like an attack dog when I think someone is picking on my friends. I'm soooo sorry I stressed you out!!

My intentions were just to stick up for my fellow V-ers.

Love!

Snow

(Thanks, moo!! You helped ... You always understand!)

Hey Moo:

Anony:

Mozart: I'm really sorry the Librium did not work out. Do you think you gave it enough time or could you tell right away? I saw, from reading your signature, that ADs caused you severe agitation. The same happened to me, plus I had very severe anxiety. I would rather take rat poison. Now I modified this post as I just read the one you posted now. I think going back to valium might be a good option for you. Do you plan to take Xanax along with it? You can make your final decision once you see the doc on Tuesday. I know, bad dreams are terrible. But I think you will be able to handle them until you see your doctor. I know Librium is probably the weakest drug out there, so that would not be my personal choice of a benzo. But hey, that's just me. I know I became tolerant to kpin years ago, but I didn't realize it at the time because my original provider put me on this very nasty drug also that caused me to sleep day and night and made me a walking zombie. Only when it was withdrawn from me did I realize that my kpin didn't work at all, and thus my insomnia began. Thank God, for the most part, it has gone away. I'll be thinking of you in your time of need. You are a very strong person to try and get off this drug after 39 years. I know a lot of other people would not be so strong. I am very proud of you. You will make it!!!

Can't wait for that day, Bets.

Not everyone gets the shakes. It has been with me from the start so I'm guessing this is just my thing. I'll take the shakes over the headaches and cramps people get.. I've had those but not all th time.

Usually I have them when I wake up.

The weird thing is, when I wake up, I'm okay for about 5 seconds before I feel them. Then they don't subside till after a coffee ( yes, I know... It actually makes me feel better ) and a few hours of schlepping through the house . Mostly by mid afternoon it's subsides.

Evening is my best part of the day.

Hope your day is okay.

When do you think you'll be on V only?

Please don't be nervous. It'll be okay... :smitten:

Mozart if it were me, I would go back on valium and tough it out. Also, I would stop adding in those other drugs: Klonopin and Librium in particular. At this point I don't think your brain knows what's what.

It seems to me that you just abruptly stopped a whopping dose of valium . . . I would get back on it as soon as I could so as to not experience valium w/ds.

I know you do not like valium . .  none of us do . . . but if you get back on and make up your mind to see the taper through, I think that would be the best thing.

We have all had weird s/x. None of us have had a picnic on this drug.

And your fever may NOT be caused by the valium. You know as well as I do that when adverse effects of a drug are listed, the manufacturers have to list ALL the adverse effects that people report. Who knows whether they were truly drug-related or not.

Anyhow, you asked for opinions, and that's mine. Sorry if it seems a little harsh . . . but that's what I would do: get back on valium and tough it out.

Okatz

Mozart if it were me, I would go back on valium and tough it out. Also, I would stop adding in those other drugs: Klonopin and Librium in particular. At this point I don't think your brain knows what's what.

It seems to me that you just abruptly stopped a whopping dose of valium . . . I would get back on it as soon as I could so as to not experience valium w/ds.

I know you do not like valium . .  none of us do . . . but if you get back on and make up your mind to see the taper through, I think that would be the best thing.

We have all had weird s/x. None of us have had a picnic on this drug.

And your fever may NOT be caused by the valium. You know as well as I do that when adverse effects of a drug are listed, the manufacturers have to list ALL the adverse effects that people report. Who knows whether they were truly drug-related or not.

Anyhow, you asked for opinions, and that's mine. Sorry if it seems a little harsh . . . but that's what I would do: get back on valium and tough it out.

Okatz

Brilliant! I completely agree with everything Katz said!!

Snow

Hi all. Okatz and Benzogirl very kind and thoughtful words. Bets, yes the itching and prickling came on and saw doc  today. He said it was an allergic reaction and wants me to take no more Librium.

This fever is scary. Lasting too long. Runs at 100 several times a day. I normaly run normal temps. Also feel very ill and flu-like.

I guess I should stay on the Valium even though it could be the source. I considered going back on k but I have a tolerance and it was sheer utter hell trying to taper directly from it. But I do have emergency xanax, benadryl and propanolol which gave me some pretty good windows but for the xanax which i wouldn't allow myself to use. and which I didn't allow myself to touch at that time which would have helped the hell. Valium works at night but not daytime. It gives me severe dreams that are awful and I wake up feeling I have been hit by a truck.  But it calms me at night.

I cannot really figure out what to do. I have to, it's time to take something.

Bets I am glad your insomnia cleared up. How was neorontin for you? I know Seroquel is a bitch.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it. Guess I will either take a valium tonight or .25 k with 5 mg v. I have gotten down to 18 mg. Of v a day from 30. So if I do decide to cross back over would I lower my amount of k to 1 mg divided doses now? I started at 1.5 mg.

Hi Moz,

Have you tried putting a cold rag on your forehead and seeing if that brings down your temperature?

Don't worry so much about tapering fast, but focus on tapering according your symptoms.

Snowstorm:it helps to learn to discriminate a desperate frustrated call for help from "fussing". Yes, I agree: please be kind. Don't look for trouble.

Moodle: thanks, I'll follow up on your suggestion. Much appreciated!

Benzogirl: You constantly amaze me, and my thanks and admiration for your time and caring are endless.

Anonymousme: My eyes blur and I have vision problems too. I have tolerance w/d and have ruled out AC, allergies, a new dry climate, etc. I think we'll get better in the end. In the meantime I sometimes use a magnifying glass or just dont read for awhile.

Oregonkatz, thanks for sharing your experience. I've enjoyed your posts.

Update: my first pill-reduction group today. Liked the 5 people there. Pity because I think I'll have to give up on the "Chemical Dependency Doctor" who doesn't even have a license to practice CD counseling. She gets confused about what she's done with me and our agreements and then gets upset when I don't agree with her wrong "memories". Wants me to go back to trying to cut 1 mg every 2 weeks; I already explained that I got sick doing that in the past. She got so upset I had to suggest that we breathe. Hey doctors: you are not god.  :laugh: Must follow up on other options.

Thanks again to all...aloha!

Hi Lost:

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I really think you C/Oed in the right time frame. Some people feel the need to updose when they make the C/O from a stronger acting benzo, like Ativan. By now, the Valium should have kicked in, unless you made a drastic C/O in the past few days, which I don't think you did. The problem that many people have is once you are on a low dose, no matter which benzo, you may feel worse. Intrusive thoughts are so very typical. I know they are bad, but they will go away. I suspect if you stayed on Ativan, you might have the same problems, plus I/D to boot. Why not give Valium a bit of more time? Updosing again might not work, and you will end up going backwards. You don't want to lose the ground you have gained. Sorry, but I haven't read your earlier post, but if you say you C/O too fast, then maybe you needed to do a slower C/O. But it's done with. I don't think you made fast one, but then again, mine was super gradual, as I have a whole bunch of K to back me up and I only did a partial one. Just try and do your best, and if your C/O was too fast, don't worry, the Valium will kick in. You'll feel better every day. Take care and try to distract yourself as best as possible. That's one good way to avoid those intrusive thoughts; by keeping your mind elsewhere.

builder:

Hi. I read your reply and it makes sense to me. Diluting, I mean. I called my insurance to see if they would agree to the liquid, and they said they would prefer to give my injectable Valium. What? Like I want to shoot myself up every day? Anyway, I told them what brand you suggested and they said they have never heard of it. They said there is no liquid brand name Valium. So I made them look up your name and they found it. But they said they have to preauthorize it. So I will do as you says and dilute it. I'm sorry, but you said it would last 10 days. I didn't get that, as I know virtually nothing about titration. I though you would take the dose you want to cut from the syringe and then drink the rest of the solution. If that were the case, they I would have to make a batch every day. Can you please explain the process to me? And will one of those bottles last me 30 days? Thank you very much.

healing: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but busy busy busy work. You also asked if .5 mg is too much? I really don't think so. I believe you said you were on 13 mg of Valium (I might have forgotten, since after I read your post I went out to father's day dinner). If you were on just 10 mg, then a .5 mg drop wold be just 5%, and even less since you are on 13 mg. I think you will do just fine on that drop. Of course, when you get to a lower dose, you have to cut by less. But you should be fine on the .5 mg cut until you reach about 9 mg. Then you can decide of how much you want to drop. Wishing you the best.  :thumbsup:

Hey Tex: I'm so happy they you are feeling great. That is good news indeed. I hope you had a great day! fwiw~~I have been feeling fine throughout my taper. But I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop. See, I still have a bit of K left to back me up. I expected holy heck when I get down in my Valium taper. I just hope I don't get that awful depression.

Moo: Sorry you had a bout of anxiety. Actually this is my greatest fear as I was an anxiety mess before benzos. It got so bad that I have to take several leaves of absence from work. So now I am here.  :'( Dropping an entire dose must be quite strange. I bet it makes your body feel strange too. I am not looking forward to the day when I only get to dose once a day. I agree and so does my pdoc: avoid any and all stress. Too bad I can't, as I have a sick mom to take care of 24/7. She's always on my tail. When I began my taper off K (10 whopping mg), I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know about BB. I dropped 2 mg the first week, and 1 mg the 2nd week. Boy did that hit me. So I reinstated the 1 mg, and then began doing cut and hold by 5% every two weeks, until I got down low in my dose, and now dry micro tapering off it. I really love the micro taper, as you can adjust as needed and the cuts are so tiny that you don't feel them. I too, was very impatient at first, as I knew I had a whole bunch to get off. But then I kept in my mind my miserable failed C/T and I learned to be patient. I suspect it will take me another two years to be benzo free. I say so what? At least I feel normal and can function from day to day.

Mozart: How are you feeling today, my dear? Still bad? I'm so sorry for that. I know you need to be on as many support groups as possible, given your problems. But since I seem to be symptom free and felt pretty good from the very beginning, I don't need to hop from support site to site. This will be my site from now on, unless I am asked to leave. You have a bunch of bad things going on: low grade temp, sinuses and bronchitis. I have a question for you. Are you experiencing w/d fear or fear that you are medically sick and don't know what to do about it?? Just know that I will be thinking of you and will remember to check up on you.

can do: No, I think I'll stick with this site, and not KK. Since you are on both, it makes sense that you want to be a member of both. But I have my K plan in place and feel good, so I really don't want to be a member there anymore. Too much too much. I doubt they notice anyway, as it's such a fast moving thread and people just come and go whenever. I am also going to go super slow with my V taper. Why risk it? I suspect, in the end, we will miss the Beast as two benzos make you feel safe.

To all dad's out there: Happy Father's Day!

:smitten:

Bets

Bets,

Thanks, you are nice and caring, take time to write to all of Us, your  caring are endless,  I'm reading your posts, I must say you are helping and caring for our BB,  We need that kind of attention and love.  me too, I feel normal sometimes and can function from day to day.

I hope your mom is OK.  I know how hard is to have a mom to take care of.

Hugs.

Tex

:)  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Moo, Atu, Bets, Oregon,  mozart, all  BB.

I feel better the last two days, I'm stable now after the big cut of 1 mg,  I was 6 days on 2 mg Valium, then I got hit, specially at night, with dreams  of moving quick,  also at lower dose my body was asking for more activity,  before on Ativan when I rest I was so peaceful, now I can't rest and feel OK. I have to walk and then I feel Better,  I'm healing !!!, 

I up dose to 2.6 mg  then 2.5 mg and holding now for 5 days, now I start feeling better.  at list I jump from 3  to 2.5 mg. 

I cant understand the liquid cut,  what do you use to measure?  a syringe? 

Please  advise

hugs

TEX

:smitten: :smitten: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good morning to everybody and I hope we all have a good V day!

Healingme: Thanks so much for your post. Moo helped me but your post meant more to me than you realize, so I thank you for that. :thumbsup: You got me scared that I would no longer be welcome here. I'm sure glad that matter is settled. I am a pretty calm person as I am lucky as I don't suffer from any major w/d effects except for that darn fatigue. But I am with you. I generally avoid replying to posts that are a bunch of in-fighting. Well, you know which ones they are. But I can turn into a pit bull on steroids when one of my friends is bashed for no reason. This happened once on KK. One person said she was cancelling because another KK member PMed her what she deemed to be inappropriate sexual advances. We all knew this person would never do such a thing, and she was damaging his reputation. He helped me a lot with my micro taper getting set up, so I did bash her, as did all of the other members there. After that battle, I kept logging on less and less. She did cancel. Phew! I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope later on today it subsides. :'( I'm not feeling so great either, as I got very little sleep: family problems. I'm a V-er so please stick with me too. :) I know doctors are not God. My father was a really great one, but at times, he would come home crying after one of his 97-year-old patients died. We all knew her body just gave up, but he kept ruminating that he might have missed something. He really cared about all of his patients, and when there was a call at 3 a.m. about one who had a problem, he would get up and go to the hospital. Psychs are a different breed. I wasted many years of my life seeing a really bad one, as I kept asking her to take me off kpin but she refused to do so. Then I was very lucky to find a really good one. I hope you feel better as the day progresses. :)

Mozart: You are asking various benzo ideas so I am not sure I fully understand them all. So I will give it a try. I've been mainly focusing on your fever and not so much your benzos. You say you are now on 18 mg of V. That's really great progress that you made it down from 30 mg. I'm not sure if I understand this, so please, bear with me. I thought you said you wanted to take .25 mg of K and 5 mg of V. That equals a total of 10 mg of valium, so you would be essentially dropping by 8 mg of V. Then you said you want to make a total C/O back to K. You said you were on 1.5 mg and wanted to drop it to just 1 mg. That is far too fast, Mozart. If you decide to make this choice, then I think a .0625 mg drop is called for. But OTOH, you say you are now on 18 mg of V. So if you are 18 mg and not 1.5 mg of K, than that's a different story. When you make any adjustments make sure to remember that 1 mg of K equal 20 mg of Valium. Have you given some thought about what Liberty said about taking Trazene? I've never taken it myself but you may want to look into it. Since you mentioned the K doesn't work for you anymore: I would stick to the devil I know: valium. I suspect if you go back to just K, then eventually you might hit tolerance w/d. That is not a fun thing at all. And dropping it makes it even worse. Yes, none of us here wants to be on Valium, even me, tho it really doesn't bother me much. But I'll sure be glad to get rid of it. Having a temp of up to 100 isn't really that high, but I can see why you are worried about it. You may have to suffer through this throughout your taper. But if your doctor is worried about it, then something must be done. I really understand and appreciate what you have been through. It's not been fun for you. Best hang in there and make sure a doctor can identify your temp problem. Wishing you only the best. 39 years is a long time, but you are making progress, so I hope you can stick it out until you are down to 0.

Hey Moo: Well, I'm now down to just .38 mg of K. So I suspect if I stick with my rate, it will probably take another two months to finally be rid of that Beast! Kpin is one nasty drug. Also thank you again for your reply that healingme wasn't mad at me. I took you at face value and thus no more panic. I've been reading a lot about coffee these days. It seem to help a lot with various issues, including cog fog and memory loss. My pdoc explained it to me this way>> The coffee constricts the blood flow to the brain, thus your brain isn't overwhelmed, and this it make you feel better. Unfortunately, I love coffee but alas, I am allergic to caffeine. Or maybe I just have a tolerance problem. Seems now coffee has turned from a nasty addiction to being medicinal. I am hoping you are having a good day. :smitten:

Hi Tex:

I am so happy that the last two days you began to feel better. I just knew it! Thank you so much for your reply. I really do appreciate it when I get replies. Do you think holding for five days is long enough? I would be a scaredy cat. I think we both know how difficult it is to take care of an elderly mom. So I'm with you on that one. I just try and be optimistic and tell myself at least she is alive. You are so close buddy. I just can't wait for you to update your signature which will say: BENZO-FREE! I can't help you with the titration because it just confuses the heck out of me. Plus I don't want to have to do this and that and make sure my brother doesn't drink it out of the fridge. builder was very kind and he took me step by step using liquid valium. So I'm just going to follow his instructions and hope for the best. Yes, isn't the key at this time to be able to function on a day to day basis? I must keep remembering how lucky I am, as I see so many people here suffering. That really breaks my heart. I remember a couple of gals who earlier on, kept posting how bad off they were and how they wanted death. They both left without warning so I keep wondering what happened to them. I kept up with their posts but at that point, it no longer did any good. I think they were beyond their limit of pain. I'm sorry as this is off topic. One great movie that may I suggest you see: Wild Tales. If you have Netflix you can get it from there. It's six different stories of six different people, who all went past their level of sanity. Very funny.

Hey bye bye val: I haven't seen a recent post of yours: maybe I missed it, but I suspect you are doing very well. :thumbsup: Now I understand those posts in the withdrawal section about data for benzos. That was a really strange thread, and I hope it goes away.

Have a good one!

Bets

Good morning to everybody and I hope we all have a good V day!

Healingme: Thanks so much for your post. Moo helped me but your post meant more to me than you realize, so I thank you for that. :thumbsup: You got me scared that I would no longer be welcome here. I'm sure glad that matter is settled. I am a pretty calm person as I am lucky as I don't suffer from any major w/d effects except for that darn fatigue. But I am with you. I generally avoid replying to posts that are a bunch of in-fighting. Well, you know which ones they are. But I can turn into a pit bull on steroids when one of my friends is bashed for no reason. This happened once on KK. One person said she was cancelling because another KK member PMed her what she deemed to be inappropriate sexual advances. We all knew this person would never do such a thing, and she was damaging his reputation. He helped me a lot with my micro taper getting set up, so I did bash her, as did all of the other members there. After that battle, I kept logging on less and less. She did cancel. Phew! I'm so sorry that you are sick. I hope later on today it subsides. :'( I'm not feeling so great either, as I got very little sleep: family problems. I'm a V-er so please stick with me too. :) I know doctors are not God. My father was a really great one, but at times, he would come home crying after one of his 97-year-old patients died. We all knew her body just gave up, but he kept ruminating that he might have missed something. He really cared about all of his patients, and when there was a call at 3 a.m. about one who had a problem, he would get up and go to the hospital. Psychs are a different breed. I wasted many years of my life seeing a really bad one, as I kept asking her to take me off kpin but she refused to do so. Then I was very lucky to find a really good one. I hope you feel better as the day progresses. :)

Mozart: You are asking various benzo ideas so I am not sure I fully understand them all. So I will give it a try. I've been mainly focusing on your fever and not so much your benzos. You say you are now on 18 mg of V. That's really great progress that you made it down from 30 mg. I'm not sure if I understand this, so please, bear with me. I thought you said you wanted to take .25 mg of K and 5 mg of V. That equals a total of 10 mg of valium, so you would be essentially dropping by 8 mg of V. Then you said you want to make a total C/O back to K. You said you were on 1.5 mg and wanted to drop it to just 1 mg. That is far too fast, Mozart. If you decide to make this choice, then I think a .0625 mg drop is called for. But OTOH, you say you are now on 18 mg of V. So if you are 18 mg and not 1.5 mg of K, than that's a different story. When you make any adjustments make sure to remember that 1 mg of K equal 20 mg of Valium. Have you given some thought about what Liberty said about taking Trazene? I've never taken it myself but you may want to look into it. Since you mentioned the K doesn't work for you anymore: I would stick to the devil I know: valium. I suspect if you go back to just K, then eventually you might hit tolerance w/d. That is not a fun thing at all. And dropping it makes it even worse. Yes, none of us here wants to be on Valium, even me, tho it really doesn't bother me much. But I'll sure be glad to get rid of it. Having a temp of up to 100 isn't really that high, but I can see why you are worried about it. You may have to suffer through this throughout your taper. But if your doctor is worried about it, then something must be done. I really understand and appreciate what you have been through. It's not been fun for you. Best hang in there and make sure a doctor can identify your temp problem. Wishing you only the best. 39 years is a long time, but you are making progress, so I hope you can stick it out until you are down to 0.

Hey Moo: Well, I'm now down to just .38 mg of K. So I suspect if I stick with my rate, it will probably take another two months to finally be rid of that Beast! Kpin is one nasty drug. Also thank you again for your reply that healingme wasn't mad at me. I took you at face value and thus no more panic. I've been reading a lot about coffee these days. It seem to help a lot with various issues, including cog fog and memory loss. My pdoc explained it to me this way>> The coffee constricts the blood flow to the brain, thus your brain isn't overwhelmed, and this it make you feel better. Unfortunately, I love coffee but alas, I am allergic to caffeine. Or maybe I just have a tolerance problem. Seems now coffee has turned from a nasty addiction to being medicinal. I am hoping you are having a good day. :smitten:

Hey bye bye val: I haven't seen a recent post of yours: maybe I missed it, but I suspect you are doing very well. :thumbsup: Now I understand those posts in the withdrawal section about data for benzos. That was a really strange thread, and I hope it goes away.

Have a good one!

Bets

Benzogirl, just wanted to say hi and that i been following this thread as i am almost down to my last .50 of k then the v but not sure how i will do it yet . We got rain coming so i guess we will both be stuck inside during the weekend so much for being on the water. Question i have for you qwite often my pm. V dose knocks me for a loop other times it does nada any idea`s on this? Well hope all is well ~CD

Benzogirl, just wanted to say hi and that i been following this thread as i am almost down to my last .50 of k then the v but not sure how i will do it yet . We got rain coming so i guess we will both be stuck inside during the weekend so much for being on the water. Question i have for you qwite often my pm. V dose knocks me for a loop other times it does nada any idea`s on this? Well hope all is well ~CD

Hi CD: Glad to see you posting here. I'm glad you are at least reading them. I have a question back at you. I looked at your sig before replying and I can't figure out if you are taking PM doses of both V and K. I am now at .43 mg of K so I just take that at bed, plus some V. Though I don't believe K is working for me and I don't believe it has for a long while. At least I did hit tolerance w/d. I'm so happy there you are nearing the .5 mg mark. I celebrated when I hit that dose. If the V is really knocking you out at night at times and others, nada, then I think you have to look at other factors. I know, for one, if I get a really good night's sleep, the next night it is not so great. This has been a typical pattern of mine. I also noticed at first, when I exercised that day, I wouldn't get a lot of sleep. But I then kept a log and found out this not to be the case. I did notice, however, when I stay online up until I go to bed, I don't sleep so well. But when I turn off my computer no later than 8 p.m, my sleep is good. Bedtime TV doesn't seem to bother my sleep. But if I am very busy at work (not a manual job) my mind races at night. It's because of stress, and once you are well into your taper, your stress hormones are no longer there. They have to grow back just like GABAa neurotransmitters. Food may also play a role in it. I have read in several places that having a light snack an hour before bed (four pieces of cheese and crackers seems to be the best, and not a lot of protein or heavy meals), helps you sleep. This isn't the case for me. But you may want to keep a log about you cuts, your current benzo rate, what you ate and when you ate it. Then pick off one food at a time and you might find the solution. We had a very bad thunderstorm a couple of nights ago. It was so loud that it kept me up. No! Not again this weekend! I hope this helps! It takes a lot of doing to find the cause. If your K is still working for you, and if you are not taking it all at night, maybe you should give it a try. Also, I'm am going to use liquid V to taper. Titration is too much work and complicated. Plus my brother eats everything under the sun, so he might drink my mixture in the fridge! Missing you, my K and V friend. :smitten: Please, we know each other well so call me Bets. benzogirl just reminds me who I am; A benzo girl!

Hi my friends,

After thinking it through, and listening to what you all had to say, I decided to stay on Valium. It takes the terror away well and better than going back to something to which I have a tolerance. Thanks. I will let you know what I find out about the long-standing fever and the month-long triceps pain.

Wishing you windows.

Mo

Bets i take all my K in the morning with 15 mg v and 30 mgs of v at night i do not think my k is doing much anymore either just binding to my gaba. Ya think? ~CD

Hi CD: Glad to see you posting here. I'm glad you are at least reading them. I have a question back at you. I looked at your sig before replying and I can't figure out if you are taking PM doses of both V and K. I am now at .43 mg of K so I just take that at bed, plus some V. Though I don't believe K is working for me and I don't believe it has for a long while. At least I did hit tolerance w/d. I'm so happy there you are nearing the .5 mg mark. I celebrated when I hit that dose. If the V is really knocking you out at night at times and others, nada, then I think you have to look at other factors. I know, for one, if I get a really good night's sleep, the next night it is not so great. This has been a typical pattern of mine. I also noticed at first, when I exercised that day, I wouldn't get a lot of sleep. But I then kept a log and found out this not to be the case. I did notice, however, when I stay online up until I go to bed, I don't sleep so well. But when I turn off my computer no later than 8 p.m, my sleep is good. Bedtime TV doesn't seem to bother my sleep. But if I am very busy at work (not a manual job) my mind races at night. It's because of stress, and once you are well into your taper, your stress hormones are no longer there. They have to grow back just like GABAa neurotransmitters. Food may also play a role in it. I have read in several places that having a light snack an hour before bed (four pieces of cheese and crackers seems to be the best, and not a lot of protein or heavy meals), helps you sleep. This isn't the case for me. But you may want to keep a log about you cuts, your current benzo rate, what you ate and when you ate it. Then pick off one food at a time and you might find the solution. We had a very bad thunderstorm a couple of nights ago. It was so loud that it kept me up. No! Not again this weekend! I hope this helps! It takes a lot of doing to find the cause. If your K is still working for you, and if you are not taking it all at night, maybe you should give it a try. Also, I'm am going to use liquid V to taper. Titration is too much work and complicated. Plus my brother eats everything under the sun, so he might drink my mixture in the fridge! Missing you, my K and V friend. :smitten: Please, we know each other well so call me Bets. benzogirl just reminds me who I am; A benzo girl!

Hi my friends,

After thinking it through, and listening to what you all had to say, I decided to stay on Valium. It takes the terror away well and better than going back to something to which I have a tolerance. Thanks. I will let you know what I find out about the long-standing fever and the month-long triceps pain.

Wishing you windows.

Mo

Hi mo,

I am so glad you are comfortable with a decision.

Etown was on benzo's 20+ years and has tapered successfully for years and working full time.

Maybe you can pm him for questions.

Hi my friends,

Wishing you windows.

Mo

Hi mo,

I am so glad you are comfortable with a decision.

Etown was on benzo's 20+ years and has tapered successfully for years and working full time.

Maybe you can pm him for questions.

Mo, hope your decision brings some calm about what to do and the worries.

Sometimes that helps,to just stick with something and see it through. It's easy to start doubting everything in Wd. It's a symptom in itself, so that's a sticky one.

I hope they will find what causes your fever.

Wishing you windows and a better afternoon .

No worries, guys! My heart was in the right place. I won't be back.

I hope you all get to zero pain-free!! I wish you the best!!

Snow

Still trying to figure out how to just take a part of a post and quote it.

Hi Bets,

Glad no more panic  :) no need for it. It's all crazy enough .

I'm sure I speak for evryone when I say we are so glad you're  here  :smitten:

Well, two months more of K....getting close. And then on to the V.

I'm sure you'll do really well. You got a smart plan in place .

Didn't know that about the coffee. That it constricts the blood flow to the brain.

I just knew it helped me be less shaky. While it seriously gives other major shakes.

I could easily, before benzo's , drink a double espresso at 10 pm and go to sleep. Always thought it was funny. Till I realized and read it's actually that you're so used to it and depleted ( adrenals ) , so it's not a good thing at all. I just thought it didn't affect me in the same way.

I now drink decaf espresso, twice a day. I love coffee, too! When I grind fresh beans I am in heaven.

There is still some significant trace caffeine in decaf but apparently  just enough to do the trick.

Hope your day is going okay as can be.

I'm off to see my son get his purple belt i karate , he is so proud . Wish me luck, it'll be LOUD!

Snow

snowy! Don't go!

Why?

We all say what we need to say and we are all touchy some days about things,

It's easy to get misunderstandings and the tones if it's just on a flat screen.

Please don't go...

I don't think anyone here is upset , it's all worked out?

Everyone will just move on I'm sure. :smitten:

We all need each other.

Tell me, how are you today?

Snow,

Don't let a little thing this turn you away. I don't think it is as bad as all that. Besides if people get a bit short with us from time to time, well I chalk it up to they are just not feeling themselves during withdrawal.

Please just put it behind you and stick around with the rest of us!

ATU

Snow

Snow-

Get your butt back here!!  You belong here.

Snow

Snow-

Get your butt back here!!  You belong here.

This is the truth. I had no intentions of even looking at this thread again, out of respect and to honor my statement. I am a woman of my word.

Someone PMed me. The entire universe knows this: you are the ONE I will listen to.

So, yessir.

And I'm trying to stay apace of your taper. I'm close, Good Sir. Yes?

Love,

Snow

Snow

snowy! Don't go!

Why?

We all say what we need to say and we are all touchy some days about things,

It's easy to get misunderstandings and the tones if it's just on a flat screen.

Please don't go...

I don't think anyone here is upset , it's all worked out?

Everyone will just move on I'm sure. :smitten:

We all need each other.

Tell me, how are you today?

Girlfriend. I would never have even SEEN this if someone hadn't PMed me. You are so sweet.

We're all in such agony. I don't want to make waves; I just want us to all get to zero. So that's where I was. But WHO of us can resist builder??? Seriously, who??

Love,

Snow

(And thank you, moo, for your kind words)