Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Gurgly Stomach

[Di...]

I'm getting ready to decrease a small amount of clonazepam, after decreasing dose a couple of weeks ago.

My main w/d symptom during tapering so far, is nausea.

Since my stomach is still gurgly, is this a situation where "I should listen to my body" and hold a bit longer before cutting dosage again? 

Other than the gurgly stomach, I feel good, and am 100% functional.

Hi there!  Nausea, and GI issues in general, were my main problems during withdrawal.  It didn't seem to matter much if I held a bit longer, but that was me personally.  I believe in really listening to our bodies during withdrawal, so if you don't feel it's time, then hold off a bit longer...but if you feel confident with continuing, then that is good too!  If cutting now brings on extras gurgles and discomfort - and more stress to you - then it's always good to wait a bit longer till you feel mentally ready to take it on. 

Have you tried making your own homemade ginger tea?  You cut a small section of ginger root, peel it, then bring it to a boil with water.  Simmer for 15 minutes or so, then strain and drink.  Also, someone once wrote on the forum that eating watermelon helped their nausea, and it actually did help me a bit!

All the best to you,

Schatje