Important Survey - Please Participate ×

trouble breathing

[Sn...]

Hi to all,

Very bad day. I am sitting here with heating pad on my abdomen trying to take deep breaths. Muscles are so tight.

Really, when is this going to end?  I am trying so hard to calm down but it just continues.  The drug companies should put this symptom on their drug side effect literature.  This has got to be one of the worst SX of WD.  That and the headaches and the depersonalization, etc.  Oh yeah that's right all the sx suck.  Any doctor that prescribes this poison should lose their medical license.

Any suggestions to help with breathing problems.  I know all the experts say take slow deep breaths.  But what do you do when you can't because the muscles are so tight.

Snufi

I see you are at 3 months. I was having horrendous breathing issues at that time. The only thing I found that helped was to lie flat on the ground on my back, stretch my arms to the side like a cross. Then when pulling the slow, deep breath in have the air bypass the lungs instead drawing it into the belly. Many times it would help, but still could not get that "satisfying breath" for days. You will survive this no matter how scary it feels. Sometimes a slow walk would work to get the breathing going better, even though you would think exercise would make breathing worse. The movement and distraction could help get things back together a bit.

I'm so sorry you have this symptom. Along with derealization, breathing issues are terrifying and miserable. It will get better. Now when I have trouble breathing if I slow down and concentrate I can get a satisfying breath in short order about 75% of the time. Please relax the best you can and try not to overbreathe as hard as that is to do.  :smitten:

Thanx Innadaze for reply.  I will try lying on my back and breathing in from my belly.  I  try doing this sitting up but is very hard to do since the muscles are so tight.  When WD first hit me I was driving 60 miles on the highway.  All of a sudden a;; my muscles tightened up and I had problems breathing.  I was over 50 miles from home and panicked and started to overbreathe.  Of course, this made things worse and I ended up at a gas station calling an ambulance. It was horrible and of course at the time I did not know it was WD and the nurses gave me more of the poison.  Is definitely one  of my worst SX. 

Peace and Blesisings

Snufi

I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I don't think these drugs should ever leave the hospitals. They are just dangerous. I've had breathing problems too at around this stage. Someone gave me the suggestion of doing the child yoga pose. It really helped. I'd do this pose for about 10 to 15 minutes and it opened my chest up. If you go to u-tube and search for "child yoga pose" you'll find it. Hang in there, many of us have been through this.  :smitten:

snuffi

i was driving home one day and had same sx. it was terrifying. it was out of the blue.

did it also feel like your heart was racing?