Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone drink alchohol daily during tapering?

[mr...]

My mom always wants a manhattan every night, but I give her less than a shot in her drink.

She also, has a little port wine to sleep.

She has been doing this since tapering.

Has anyone drank thru out their taper, w/d and recovery?

I don't, but I'd like to.  ;D

Seriously, I don't drink regularly but went out with friends one night and drank a couple of powerful drinks.  I had a good time that night but it sent me in to a 3-day depression.

From what I understand, alcohol works on the same receptors as benzos.

Ashton has no problem with moderate alcohol intake, although a number of people here have reported bad results.

I'd say it's your mother's decision.

Ashton has no problem with moderate alcohol intake, although a number of people here have reported bad results.

I'd say it's your mother's decision.

Yes, of course, this is a case-by-case basis.  This stuff is so unpredictable and everybody is different.

Before tolerance, I use to drink alcohol moderately with no visible problems.

I don't, but I'd like to.  ;D

Seriously, I don't drink regularly but went out with friends one night and drank a couple of powerful drinks.  I had a good time that night but it sent me in to a 3-day depression.

From what I understand, alcohol works on the same receptors as benzos.

Alcohol works on the GABA b receptors and benzo's work on the GABA a receptors.

Alcohol tends to relax my mom, but she usually pays later for it.

Since she has been using so long, it doesn't seem to be that bad except that she feels she really needs some to relax.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know if her using the alcohol will prolong her recovery or not.

I would just like to hear others experiences.

Ashton says the alloted 2 drinks per day is OK..

at one point in my tapering I drank a lot (in my book)...too much, resulted in a hangover, but not much else, for some reason I was "craving" it...

these days, the thought of it makes me sick at my stomach....

works on the same GABA receptors, so over use would cause a delay in healing, depending on how much its abused..

if your mama takes a shot of port and a Manhattan, thats the alloted 2... anything else would be downhill with each drink I guess, how quick downhill would be individual probably...

I was probably still in tolerance when I was drinking regularly, and I was drinking more than I should, so I already felt like shit.....but didnt notice anything HUGe in the way of side effects, but I can tell you obviously it wasn't good for me, Ive done much better since I got that little phase out of my system....

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know if her using the alcohol will prolong her recovery or not.

I would just like to hear others experiences.

mrtmeo,

I understand her desire to have a drink or two.  These wd symptoms are rough and we all would like a little relief from time to time.

Maybe I'll have a shot of Crown Maple tonight myself (max of 2 shots).

Curley