Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Today is of the essence.

[Kl...]

Something just came to my mind.

We are all addicts.

Benzodiazepines are considered narcotics.

The reason we all feel different (or badly) is because we are not using the narcotic of a benzo anymore.

It is like a heroin addict.

They have to deal with not doing heroin JUST FOR TODAY. Today they struggle. Today is their problem. Forget what happened in the past, or what might happen in the future, DEAL WITH TODAY.

Think that, JUST FOR TODAY, I will not take a benzo, NO MATTER WHAT.

Yes, it is very hard, I am going through it as we speak!

But, just remember, you are not alone, and recovery IS POSSIBLE. EVERY DAY RECOVERY IS POSSIBLE. It is a struggle, but you will make it to the end. We will make it to the end. As I have read, MY WORST DAY WITHOUT A BENZO IS BETTER THAN MY BEST DAY WITH ONE!!!!

Love you all.

KD  :crazy:

i don't agree at all but thats your opinion. i can't join into a conversation like this again,

because we would be duscussing it for months i suppose.

i am glad to hear you are off this medication which was prescribed by a doctor i suppose.

surely you would not have been able to get a prescription for heroin on the

health service. or would you ?  :laugh:>:(

In parts of the UK heroin aka diamorphine is available on the NHS for addicts. As someone who has kicked both I can say that heroin is worse in the very short term but the ENDLESS nature of benzo wd means that I would take the heroin withdrawal any day of the week.

Your comments are much unappreciated.

I am simply trying to offer hope to people who are coming off of benzos through something that I realized.

It is an analogy. If you are addicted to anything, benzo or not, you can relate to those coming off of benzos, and, we, who are coming off of benzos, can relate to any other person who is addicted to something else.

All I am saying, is that the worst day of my life without a benzo is better than a best day with one. The reasoning being the feeling a benzo gives you, a pretty much blunting high, is not worth having, when you can not take it and not have the cognitive impairments and blunting affect.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  :tickedoff:

KD

KD, please don't take offense.  People are allowed to post their opinions, just as you are.  This is the beauty of BenzoBuddies, we each have varying opinions and experiences with this process.

Most of the people here do not consider themselves addicts.  If anything, we consider ourselves accidental addicts or more accurately, we consider ourselves dependent on a prescribed medication.  In the literature, there is a difference between addiction and dependency.  Yes, some of the people here do consider themselves addicts, but the vast majority do not.  Most of us do not crave a benzo, nor do most of us have a desire to take a benzo again after the medication is withdrawn.  This can sometimes be a hot button topic on the board and oftentimes people will avoid topics like this.

Also:  A benzo is not a narcotic.  Narcotics hit different receptors.  A benzo is a controlled substance, not of the narcotic variety. 

I understand that you were trying to post a hopeful thread.  However, hopefully my information above will give you some insight into why some of the buddies did not react in the way that you expected.

Your comments are much unappreciated.

I am simply trying to offer hope to people who are coming off of benzos through something that I realized.

It is an analogy. If you are addicted to anything, benzo or not, you can relate to those coming off of benzos, and, we, who are coming off of benzos, can relate to any other person who is addicted to something else.

All I am saying, is that the worst day of my life without a benzo is better than a best day with one. The reasoning being the feeling a benzo gives you, a pretty much blunting high, is not worth having, when you can not take it and not have the cognitive impairments and blunting affect.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  :tickedoff:

KD

if i offended you i do appologize but i felt offended as well.

i have never used my medication to get a blunting high as you experienced,

i had to use it to get sleep after a hard days  work.

no way do i consider myself as many other members here as well , as an addict.

a lot of us are rather victims.....thats a big difference.

KD,

I'm with you. A psychotropic drug is a psychotropic drug. Whether legal or illegal, we generally use them to cope instead of dealing with the underlying issues. Certainly this is true of benzos.

Whether we are "accidental addicts" or whether we should have known better ... one day at a time is the only way to do it. Right you are.

I apologize for my brash statements about referencing this situation to addiction. I am simply uninformed of this benzo world, and the people coming off of it. My doctor said to disregard these website forums, but I find them to be so supportive and encouraging in a peer sense. I don't know what somebody is dealing with unless I have dealt with it first hand. And I didn't mean to make it sound like we are doing this to ourselves. I just didn't elaborate on my thoughts as well as I should have, and I am sorry about that. In my experience, I have been a victim of this as well. When I say I get a blunting "high" I really meant a blunting feeling, in my cognitive abilities. I want to be able to be the intelligent young man I used to be, not some, to the outside world, seemingly stupid person because of my taking benzos. It's really annoying when people judge you because you cant do something that they can, especially when you can't help it. It makes me feel deflated and just like I am scum. I am so sick of my health situation. I was totally different when I was growing up, popular, funny, kind. Now I'm seemingly stupid, with a really wierd sense of humor that no one gets, and very irritable and angry at the world for something that I cannot change. Thank you so much for reaching out to me (I forgot your name) and I deeply apologize for offending you, it was not my intent. I was just trying to explain a pet theory I suppose. Thanks for staying in touch.

KD  :-X

There are people who have started using any given benzo to get a high or a daze and then got hooked. However, here on BBs most folk got involuntarily hooked being non the wiser of the potential devastating tolerance and subsequent dependency.

Most, myself included, were not informed properly by their prescribing doctors of the consequences of starting to take this kind of pharmaceutical drug.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who starts using heroin for instance does so knowing quite well of the potential downfall.

I don't consider myself an addict by any means, I never sought a buzz out of benzos, I was following doctor's instruction in only trying to feel normal and functional.

I appreciate where you're coming from but because of those fundamental differences, comparisons between benzo dependency and illicit drug addictions don't go down very well among many of the BBs members as sensitivities can run high regarding this issue. 

I apologize for my brash statements about referencing this situation to addiction. I am simply uninformed of this benzo world, and the people coming off of it. My doctor said to disregard these website forums, but I find them to be so supportive and encouraging in a peer sense. I don't know what somebody is dealing with unless I have dealt with it first hand. And I didn't mean to make it sound like we are doing this to ourselves. I just didn't elaborate on my thoughts as well as I should have, and I am sorry about that. In my experience, I have been a victim of this as well. When I say I get a blunting "high" I really meant a blunting feeling, in my cognitive abilities. I want to be able to be the intelligent young man I used to be, not some, to the outside world, seemingly stupid person because of my taking benzos. It's really annoying when people judge you because you cant do something that they can, especially when you can't help it. It makes me feel deflated and just like I am scum. I am so sick of my health situation. I was totally different when I was growing up, popular, funny, kind. Now I'm seemingly stupid, with a really wierd sense of humor that no one gets, and very irritable and angry at the world for something that I cannot change. Thank you so much for reaching out to me (I forgot your name) and I deeply apologize for offending you, it was not my intent. I was just trying to explain a pet theory I suppose. Thanks for staying in touch.

KD  :-X

its so sad KD, addict or victim, we are all in this together and have to get off this crap.

i wish you all the best and hope you get your life back soon . this shit is disgusting. :smitten:

Thank you Human, that means a lot to me. You are a great support.

Commonly,

KD :'(

KD,

I'm honored.

HOWEVER, after reading your other thread and reading your signature more closely, I see you cold turkeyed off 2mg of Klonopin?? That's a really, really, really bad idea!

Please, please don't do that again! Slow taper is the ONLY way to go. Read lots here and ask LOTS of questions.

Be well ... and safe. I can tell from what you've written that you're a good guy.

Best,

Human

Hi KD, reading your other comment it seems that you're going through a difficult time.

We all here are or have been going through basically the same, so you can count on the support of the BBs members and staff for anytime you need it. We are all here for each other.

My earlier comment was meant illustrate why comparisons between this w/d nightmare and addictions may be controversial here, I hope you can appreciate this.

Peace.

Thank you Human and guitarman.

Human, thank you for your insight on how rapidly tapering off of 2 mg of Klonopin is, well, a disaster. What I will do is read the taper threads and find a better approach for doing it. I just couldn't do it anymore so I started taking them again. I will also need to resolve my sleep apnea treatment as sleep is a vital component to overall well being. After I get this treatment underway, I will hopefully have the courage to start the 2 mg of Klonopin taper. I hope my doctor does not try and weane me off of it sooner or even later at a rapid rate. I don't know what I will do if I have to do a rapid taper again. And I am too impatient to do a slow taper, especially when people still feel withdrawal symptoms at a slow rate taper. So I just need to have good thoughts come my way, and hopefully this will all be resolved in the years to come. Thank you so much for your guys' support and the BB forum. Thank you thank you thank you!

Sincerely,

KD  :idiot: