:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Birdie.  :) Bye Birdie.  :)

TAG!  I'm it  :D  :laugh:

I'm healed  - I'm healed!!! :D :D 

Another glorious window for birdman today :D :D :D :D

Aww, Thats super awesome Bird friend.  :) Im so happy to hear the good news.  8)

Snowy :hug:

Great news Bird!

Great news Bird!

Hi bart and snowy.  I believed it was possible but not for me at times. 

BUT IT HAPPENED!! :D :D  I am sitting here feeling 'normal' and it's

actually kind of weird.  YEEEE! :D

What everyone said around here was the case, about 3 years to heal, OMG!

I AM SO GLAD IT'S OVER!  (I still get waves but they are short and getting shorter every week)

;D:D  I'm am so happy  :D :D :D;D 

I AM FREE!!!! WOWWEE!    It will happen to you too who ever you are reading this  ;D

Great news Bird!

Hi bart and snowy.  I believed it was possible but not for me at times. 

BUT IT HAPPENED!! :D :D  I am sitting here feeling 'normal' and it's

actually kind of weird.  YEEEE! :D

What everyone said around here was the case, about 3 years to heal, OMG!

I AM SO GLAD IT'S OVER!  (I still get waves but they are short and getting shorter every week)

;D:D  I'm am so happy  :D :D :D;D 

I AM FREE!!!! WOWWEE!    It will happen to you too who ever you are reading this  ;D

Soooooo, ya ready to skydive?  ;D

I knew you could do it Birdie. I never doubted you for a minute. :smitten:

May the gray skinned alien bless you.  ;D:laugh::angel:

Love, Snowy

Just an FYI . . . I joined this thread some time ago when my s/x were awful. Since tapering to below 1 mg I have lost almost all my s/x including the most ferocious of my tinnitus. It's still there but I really don't notice it 95% of the tie except occasions like now when I'm thinking about it.

So . . . there may be hope for those who are "blessed" with T. Time, I guess is the great healer.

Okatz

Has anyone used maskers you place in your ears like hearing aids for tinnitus?

Downtongirl:

I do, the manufacturer is here:

http://www.amplisound.com/tinnitus-treatment.php

and I got them from my health plan, prescribed by my audiologist here:  http://www.tinnitus-audiology.com/

they cost a lot but it was a minor miracle that my health plan took care of them in full. 

They don't mask all of the range of my T, the real high stuff or the occasional grinding in my skull but they pretty much saved my life.

Take good care of them if you do, keep away from water and pets! 

Does anyone have loud tinnitus with dizziness. .start suddenly many times a day.

The floating boat sensation. .ear fullness.

Eric g...do you wear your maskers all of the time?  Are they supposed to help us habituate to the tinnitus so we won't have to wear them one day?  I understand that the tinnitus most likely won't go away but if I could learn to live with it would be great!

Does anyone have loud tinnitus with dizziness. .start suddenly many times a day.

The floating boat sensation. .ear fullness.

Kirk, had Tenitus the whole W/D but when a wave hits yep dizziness and like a whistle blowing in my head guess it`s my GABA screaming ? ~ CD

Eric g...do you wear your maskers all of the time?  Are they supposed to help us habituate to the tinnitus so we won't have to wear them one day?  I understand that the tinnitus most likely won't go away but if I could learn to live with it would be great!

Downtongirl:  No, I don't wear them all the time since they do have side effects - make me dizzy and give me slight headaches but they are a lifesaver when I can't take it anymore/distract myself anymore.  They do tamp it down somewhat but I usually put them in for good for the day and take them out before bed. 

I feel for you, DTG and wish you the best  I wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone except maybe Hitler.

http://www.calmclinic.com/supplements-for-anxiety/valerian-root

It's been a long time since I have been posting but briefly I have been off the benzo's for almost 8 months. There was major improvement in my tinnitus until I started a supplement which contains a lot of Valerian root called Somnapure for the return of my INSOMNIA.. It seems my tinnitus came back with a vengeance so I looked up Valerian root and found it works in the brain as a benzo does on GABA. Could this be causing my return of the TINNITUS?

It's been a long time since I have been posting but briefly I have been off the benzo's for almost 8 months. There was major improvement in my tinnitus until I started a supplement which contains a lot of Valerian root called Somnapure for the return of my INSOMNIA.. It seems my tinnitus came back with a vengeance so I looked up Valerian root and found it works in the brain as a benzo does on GABA. Could this be causing my return of the TINNITUS?

i think it's a definite possibility because it also acts on the GABA like benzo's.

Speaking of EARS, Birdie, I haven't heard from you in quite awhile. Please let us know how you are, when you can.

Love, Snowy  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the forum and have had tinnitus before I tired to taper.  I used the ativan to help me deal with the tinnitus. But now, it's screeching so loud I feel like I want to go back to my one pill.

I didn't know benzo use would damage my hearing and cause permanent ringing especially at a lose dose.

I dont have any hope to recover from the t, and don't know if I can withdraw and I don't know if staying on it will make it worse.

I am physically sick over this. Any advice besides masking the noise? I was masking with brown noise but the ringing got so high pitched that nothing really works. Help me

Songbird,

Are you depressed?  Can you sleep?  I know for me the tinnitus made me extremely anxious and depressed and I couldn't sleep.  I'm certainly not telling you this as a recommendation, but Zoloft got me on the right track.  After I started taking Zoloft I was finally able to sleep...as I slept the tinnitus decreased...and the anxiety and depression lifted.  I knew I didn't want to get addicted to another psych drug so I did some research and found Kanna.  Kanna is an herb that is often referred to as a "natural SSRI".  I was on the Zoloft for just 2 months and then was able to switch to Kanna with good results.  I eventually got off the Klonopin too.  I did notice every time I made a cut in my Klonopin dose that the tinnitus got worse, but the effect was temporary.

PD

Needsomehelp:

Yes, I take something called GabaTone with VRoot in it and my tinnitus started sizzling when I tried to go off of it. 

Does your sizzle? 

I hope you are finding some relief, thinking of you.

Take care,

E

Perfect daughter.  Thank you for that info. I am unable to tolerate ssri's but I will keep the kanna in mind. I am very hyper and the ssri's make it worse and the benzos help me function.

The only reason I wanted to taper from the ativan is because I thought it would be better for my overall well being, depression, feeling like I was in a constant state of withdrawal and the. I developed tinnitus and was horrified. I have been on benzos yeRs before I had tinnitus so I never thought it developed from that.

I do have severe neck and jaw issues and I used to get intermittent tinnitus from it but it has become constant.

I would ratherive on benzoz and have some quality of life than to listen to the screeching day and night but right now I can't tell what is causing what.

I still plan to continue the Ativan taper. I hate being a slave to any drugs. 

Perfect daughter.  Thank you for that info. I am unable to tolerate ssri's but I will keep the kanna in mind. I am very hyper and the ssri's make it worse and the benzos help me function.

The only reason I wanted to taper from the ativan is because I thought it would be better for my overall well being, depression, feeling like I was in a constant state of withdrawal and the. I developed tinnitus and was horrified. I have been on benzos yeRs before I had tinnitus so I never thought it developed from that.

I do have severe neck and jaw issues and I used to get intermittent tinnitus from it but it has become constant.

I would ratherive on benzoz and have some quality of life than to listen to the screeching day and night but right now I can't tell what is causing what.

I still plan to continue the Ativan taper. I hate being a slave to any drugs.

Since I'm in the same boat as you regarding benzo reduction caused tinnitus (I assume that's the cause because I never had it before) I don't know what to tell you. If I knew that going back to my original dose of lorazepam would end the T I'd do it and "be a slave" to L. It's not like I'm not already a slave to many other drugs that I'll be on for life.

Unfortunately, no one can tell me if the T will resolve with the original dose. It continues to amaze me that so little is known about drugs that have been prescribed for decades with no thought given to how to get people off of them undamaged.