Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

“My abdominal pain is 10-out-of-10 (said while the patient was eating Cheetos).”

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Hmmm...I always found Cheetos to be calming to the stomach. :idiot: Good luck with that buddy. 8)

Do not worry snowy, it will all come out in the end,,,,  :o creamy too,,,,, orange and creamy,,,  yeah ::):o

Thanks Birdie. I was trying to offer some support to ole mentor here, but it looks like it's been undermined by some cheesy jokes. :laugh: :laugh: Actually, the whole thing started out pretty cheesy. :D

Whoa, Captain Kirk had tinnitus? Or was that Captain Crunch?  :idiot: Now that you mention it...that sorta rings a bell. >:D

P.S. Im glad to hear you are having some better days. 8)

Love, Snowy

“My abdominal pain is 10-out-of-10 (said while the patient was eating Cheetos).”

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Hmmm...I always found Cheetos to be calming to the stomach. :idiot: Good luck with that buddy. 8)

Do not worry snowy, it will all come out in the end,,,,  :o creamy too,,,,, orange and creamy,,,  yeah ::):o

Thanks Birdie. I was trying to offer some support to ole mentor here, but it looks like it's been undermined by some cheesy jokes. :laugh: :laugh: Actually, the whole thing started out pretty cheesy. :D

Whoa, Captain Kirk had tinnitus? Or was that Captain Crunch?  :idiot: Now that you mention it...that sorta rings a bell. >:D

Love, Snowy

;D:smitten:

so you figure folks committed suicide from the ringing in the ears not from the depression?

truly, with all respect, what i said is on the money

The first 15 months that I had tinnitus I did not want to live anymore.  You have no idea what hell I went through.  There are many people that commit suicide because of tinnitus.  In the article I quoted, they were inferring that the insomnia, anxiety, and depression was a result of their tinnitus.  Obviously, not everyone has that kind of reaction to tinnitus, but some do.  I went to a University hospital that has a tinnitus clinic for tinnitus counseling by an Audiologist who specializes in working with tinnitus patients.  One of the questions on the initial evaluation asked about suicidal thoughts.  Many patients who have enough difficulty dealing with tinnitus that they seek out counseling also have a suicide risk.

We all base our opinions on our experiences in this life.  Prior to this experience, I would have never believed that ringing in the ears could cause someone to want to take their own life.  I believe it now!  With all due respect, I do not believe that what you said is on the money.

I agree with PD.  William Shatter who is worth $400,000,000.00 and has a great celeb life was seriously considering "capping" his own ass with only minor tinnitus.  I have met Bill several times working on theme restaurants at the Hilton (turning an Iphone into a high tech talking order pad for bar tenders) and it's no surprise to me that Bill got Tinnitus just after the Doc told him he'd have to stop drinking or risk a stroke! Bill "LIKED" his drink, oh yeah! TOO MUCH! :crazy::idiot::crazy::idiot::crazy:  And just like that about 4 months later Bills tinnitus went off the charts, chalk one up for world's #1 GABA receptor killer,,,  "BOOZE"

Also I know 17 people here who ALL thought about committing suicide over this issue.  This is no ordinary sound! No little tiny mosquito buzzy-sound in the ears here, this is more like a fully laden B2 bomber loaded with nukes and jets on full AFTER BURNER mode on take off!!  That kind of stress response is what I'm feeling.  Too many Docs have told me "FOR TINNITUS TAKE the right Antidepressant"  Not for me, I'd rather take Opioid's,,,,,  and I am  :laugh:  It's been only 34 days but I feel they are healing me, ah, or they just make me feel good  :idiot::laugh:  Either way I'm benzo free and kind of freaking out hehe.  I still catch myself dancing little jigs over it from time to time :D:thumbsup:;D

Thank you so much Birdie for adding your perspective.  I knew about William Shatner.  He is a spokesman for the American Tinnitus Association.  I remember him saying, "I thought I wasn't going to make it..." (regarding his tinnitus).

I never would have guessed there were 17 people on this forum that thought about ending their life over tinnitus.  In some ways it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one that had that kind of reaction.  Of course, I don't wish that kind of suffering on anyone!  It really reinforces the point that people should not come on here and treat others like they are exaggerating what they are going through and that they don't have a right to express their pain. 

You have done an excellent job with this thread Birdie.

PD  :smitten:

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Love, Snowy

I could be wrong, but I think mentor was trying to make a point, but we obviously all missed it!  :laugh:

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Love, Snowy

I could be wrong, but I think mentor was trying to make a point, but we obviously all missed it!  :laugh:

Huh? :idiot: I'm sharp as a tack. I don't miss much. What were you saying again? :D

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Love, Snowy

Huh? :idiot: I'm sharp as a tack. I don't miss much. What were you saying again? :D

Snowy  LOL  always ready with the stone axe  :laugh:  Now, is that tool used for driving screws or nails damn it  ;)  :laugh:

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Love, Snowy

Snowy  LOL  always ready with the stone axe  :laugh:  Now, is that tool used for driving screws or nails damn it  ;)  :laugh:

:laugh: You can use it for whatever you want, just so long as it gets the job done. :thumbsup:>:D8):D;)

At 7 months off of ativan I have developed true tinnius (I have had fleeting moments of barely audible buzzing or a very infrequent tone during taper and the first 6 months off) ..Now I get very noticeable buzzing ( like swarming bees) throughout the day, it is almost always accompanied by head pressure and / or fullnessg feeling in my head and ears ( this head fullness is also new and making me an absolute crazy woman with anxiety). I also did not have this fullness and pressure in my head until the last week of month 6. ...I have added 200 mg of magnesium glyconate and 500 iu of D3 to my nutrition ..just this week do not noticing any changes one way or the other yet.

.....Has anyone had any luck with lipo - flavonoids?...thanks ...coop

"Food" for thought.  ;)

Love, Snowy

he was!

and another thing about the tinnitus symptoms -- even though i don't have it and i don't know why, i bet you anything it's more than just the loudness and buzzing bee's and all of that -- i bet you anything it's accompanied by physical anxiety and/or with head pressure so it probably helps the physical pain part of that that may not even be noticeable until you really search you're mind and body to all that's going on. i hope i am making sense -- i fear that i am not.

i'm just trying to say that even though i don't have the tinnitus symptom ( of which i have had it every once in awhile) i know that it could also be related to physical anxiety which probably helps the person want to commit suicide or feel worse then they would otherwise.

You are right pretty.  Tinnitus made me extremely anxious to the point that I couldn't sleep and I couldn't function.  I went through a phase where I would literally just pace the floor.  When I was sitting it was like I had restless leg syndrome.  I rarely left the house or drove by myself.  Absolutely everything was an effort.  I felt like I was living inside a torture chamber with the constant noise in my head.   

PD,

mandala talks a lot about her tinnitus symptom which led me to believe it was more then just loud noises and buzzing in the brain and that it was accompained by some other physical anxiety and symptoms.

i understand mentor's thought process being in that how could a loud noise be such a horrible symptom.

the hyperacusis for me today was off the f-king charts. i can't believe how debilitating that symptom is physically and emotionally.

I'm so sorry to hear that pretty.  Does it make you anxious?

PD

it's hard to explain. but it actually physically hurts and feels really sensitive to the brain when the loud nosies are present. it kinda cuts through your body like a knife. anyone would be surprised at how physical the hyperacusis symptom really is. that's why i feel like the tinnitus has to be more then just loud noise. loud noise actually hurts when you don't have the right equipment to have it be integrated the way it would when we have normal brain chemistry.

I am about 9 months out, and at this point, even without the Lipoflaviniods, I have almost no ringing in my ears. If I get a cold, it will get loud for a day or so, but it goes away again. The little tiny bit that I have now during regular times is hardly noticeable at all, and I expect it will go away completely with time.

I am about 9 months out, and at this point, even without the Lipoflaviniods, I have almost no ringing in my ears. If I get a cold, it will get loud for a day or so, but it goes away again. The little tiny bit that I have now during regular times is hardly noticeable at all, and I expect it will go away completely with time.

Thanks NG,  that's hopeful ;D

Still taking BETAHISTINE targeting the H3 receptor in the ears.  The cochlea and vestiblue are HEAVY in H3 receptors makign them a likely target for manipulation.  Will keep taking BETAHISTINE for 10 weeks, more to come.

Lab rat out

Found this:

This receptor has been proposed as a target for treating sleep disorders.[9] The receptor has also been proposed as a target for treating neuropathic pain.[10]

Because of its ability to modulate other neurotransmitters, H3 receptor ligands are being investigated for the treatment of numerous neurological conditions, including obesity (because of the histamine/orexinergic system interaction), movement disorders (because of H3 receptor-modulation of dopamine and GABA in the basal ganglia), schizophrenia and ADHD (again because of dopamine modulation) and research is underway to determine whether H3 receptor ligands could be useful in modulating wakefulness (because of effects on noradrenaline, glutamate and histamine).[11]

H3 research is a cutting edge field  VERY new!!!  The receptor was the last big discovery in the brain in 1983. They know it has powerful effects in modulating the release of glutamate and norepinephrine in the ears!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D

REF: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histamine_H3_receptor

Remember I mentioned that much of the new Alzheimer's Disease research shows connections of TOO MUCH GLUTAMATE mimicking BZ w/d ?  Here's more binding that to H3 modulation AND Cognitive Disorders (COGCOG) ???????????????

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/336/1/38.full

more

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2483387

Enjoy :)

Confirmed  BETAHISTINE  is an appetite suppressor!!  Feel a tiny bit sick and not hungry after second daily dose each day.  Ears,,, better but no miracle yet.  Feel drowsy but not too bad.  Lot's of yawning and stretching going on here,,,,,,,

Woke up with my ears feeling better so the whole day is better.  If I wake up with bad ear symptoms the whole day is bad.  Any one else see the pattern?

Hi Bird,

Good to read that your T is quieting down for you. May this continue for you, and gradually BE GONE.

Read your article(s) posted.

I know that an antihistamine can help with nausea, as I used Benadryl for nausea as I am allergic to

most anti-emetic drugs.

Found THIS statement in the Drug Treatment of Vertigo link you provided. Scary to find out so much AFTER

my taper off of Xanax.

" The author prefers to avoid use of alprazolam (Xanax) for vestibular suppression, because of the potential for a difficult withdrawal syndrome."

WOW, I feel grateful I am done. My Tinnitus is still present. Getting better everyday.

NFM :angel:

My ears are worse on my bad day.  It's a cycle.  Hormonal. On my good ear day my whole body is better.   

My ears are worse on my bad day.  It's a cycle.  Hormonal. On my good ear day my whole body is better. 

Hi Linder, today is a good day for me but yesterday was ear Hell.  I can relate to this cycling thing as I think I am getting it too.  Also on the good ear days I feel kind of tired all day.  It's been over 3 years for you.  Do you still have healing or have you peaked?

Hugs Bird :smitten:

I'm so sorry to hear that pretty.  Does it make you anxious?

PD

it's hard to explain. but it actually physically hurts and feels really sensitive to the brain when the loud nosies are present. it kinda cuts through your body like a knife. anyone would be surprised at how physical the hyperacusis symptom really is. that's why i feel like the tinnitus has to be more then just loud noise. loud noise actually hurts when you don't have the right equipment to have it be integrated the way it would when we have normal brain chemistry.

Hi Pretty, It sounds like your still in C/T  The only time I have bad hyperacusis was in c/t

I talked to many people here and they all say that the "hyperacusis goes first and then the Tinnitus remains.  I think you may heal this way too.

Hi Bird,

Good to read that your T is quieting down for you. May this continue for you, and gradually BE GONE.

Read your article(s) posted.

I know that an antihistamine can help with nausea, as I used Benadryl for nausea as I am allergic to

most anti-emetic drugs.

Found THIS statement in the Drug Treatment of Vertigo link you provided. Scary to find out so much AFTER

my taper off of Xanax.

" The author prefers to avoid use of alprazolam (Xanax) for vestibular suppression, because of the potential for a difficult withdrawal syndrome."

WOW, I feel grateful I am done. My Tinnitus is still present. Getting better everyday.

NFM :angel:

I saw that too.  In Asia xanax is the #1 prescribed drug for tinnitus, but it does not work for long before it back fires and makes it worse.

Glad you are healing,  Hugs  Bird  :smitten: :smitten:

Okay, question here.

I have had the tinnitus for several months now. My ears are also sore to touch. My Dr said they needed to be cleaned out, but I refused because I had to drive home and was worried about the increase in dizziness.

Now, I am curious if the tinnitus is related to my dizziness when walking. And, would having my ears cleaned out help with this.

I used to have to have my ears cleaned out every year. It has now been three years since I last had it done.

So, tinnitus + ear pain + dizziness...all related?? Or, separate issues??

Thanks,

Nana  :smitten: