Important Survey - Please Participate ×

10 months out and can't tell if this is still withdrawal or no

[gu...]

I have had the burning mouth thing since the day I stopped Klonopin, also dry eyes and all the rest of the benzo stuff.  I started looking into reasons other than W/D.  I asked my primary doc, (who listens to me) to check for Sjogerns syndrome for an explanation.  The ANA test was positive so I was sent to a Rhuemotologist today.  He spent more time dictating during my appt than listening to my symptoms.  The idea of Sjorgerns was quickly dismissed and he kept asking me if I had anxiety or depression.  I really don't anymore, that has disappeared with the K.  He wants to do more test and I have had enough.  I just want to move on so I think I am done trying to talk to Doctors.  Thanks for letting me vent.

JJ

I'm curious about your positive ANA. I tested positive 11 years ago for lupus.I've been using a rheumatologist for 11 years. In my research and experience they are RX MANAGERS.  That's not a good or bad statement. It's just what they do. They rely on your labs and other tests to manage your condition with meds. They give out and believe in benzos like klonopine and don't look at alternative treatment.  I'm seeing a new one tomorrow,  that will make 6 in 11 years, at this point they all have agreed on klonopin as a drug of choice.  In fact it is the rhumy that put me on the klonopin for sleep. The  pomanologist that took me off K also specializes in sleep disorders and was very unhappy with there decision to put me on it in the first place.

Gizmo,

I think you are right about that one, that they are RX managers.  He spent more time talking into his recorder than to me.  It was a weird visit overall.  He has a list of blood work you can't believe and even wants to test for Hep B and C.  I don't think that could be a possible positive at all.  I'm not in Chronic pain but he kept referring to that.  I am so tired of it all and just want to feel better.  My face has been numb as well at the dry mouth, nose and eyes.  It's very annoying but the fatigue is the worst thing of all.  Still don't sleep, which is why the put my on K in the first place.  I just want to give up and learn to live with it I guess.

Thanks for the reply!

JJ