Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Explain your fatigue

[ha...]

My fatigue is pretty bad lately , I am almost 5 months off and I feel like its getting worse . I feel exhausted all the time, it's bad! I feel like my body is on shut down. Anybody els?

I'm also at 5 months. My fatigue was alot worse, almost catatonic at 3-4 months. Although it has gotten better, it is still here. The physical aspects have left somewhat, it mostly manifest mentally now (i.e. apathy/lack of motivation).

I have recently decided to go on Citalopram. SSRIs are sometimes prescribed for Chronic fatigue syndrome. I am only 2 days on it, but so far I find it is helping. I don't feel so tired.

I'm only three months off but I can hardly move today.  The past couple of days I have been trying to push through it.  I feel like I did when I first got off, aching and all. I wonder if trying to force yourself is bad.  I just feel like I have permanent damage.  My legs will hardly hold me up.  The mornings are so bad.  I am starting to get really scared, especially hearing people at five months are still like this.

~Mama2

I'm a week or so shy of 5 months, and my fatigue seemed to peak at 4 months. It's been bad all along, but for a week or 2, I felt like an old man shuffling around, could barely lift my legs, and I couldn't do anything quickly. I had to think about and psych myself up for just about any action from walking across the room to getting out of the car. I've done some half-marathons and similar physical challenges in the past, and I like the physical exhaustion that comes from that. This is/was nothing like that at all -- a terrible feeling of being unable to do things due to fatigue.

I still have it, but right now it's much better than it was even 3 weeks ago. So I have faith that it's just a temporary (and hopefully short-lived) issue.

Lost

I do wonder sometimes if a anti depressant would help. I only took paxil a long time ago and am worried it will bring more side effects. Maybe I will talk to my dr.

i am at 5 months and going to the toilet is HARD. it feels as though i am tired from running a marathon and not sleeping for 10 days plus a flu. my leg shakes from trying to hold my own weight.

seriously. how can we tell the difference between this fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome?  so many symptoms in common..

I'm coming up on 6.5 months. At 5 months I was just flat-out exhausted and had been since about 4 months. I think my brain and body just kind of shut down at four months because they were worn out from four long months of dealing with benzos. They took a "break" for 6-7 weeks and about 5.5 months, or just after, my energy came back.

Now, I have too damn much energy. I want to just lay around and rest, but my mind won't let me. I'm exhausted, because I wake up 4-5-6 times a night and don't feel I'm getting any quality sleep. So, I'm kind of in a daze, but my body just wants to go, go, go.

Enjoy the fatigue while it lasts. It does end and it's replaced by a restless energy that won't let you stop.

I can kind of relate to the wired feeling. When I was 3-5 months off it seemed like I was either tired all the time and could somewhat get some sleep or I was wired and had brutal insomnia. After a few days of not sleeping I would feel exhausted but wired at the same time. It was really frustrating however on days when I would switch from tired to energetic so I was wired but got sleep the night before I felt amazing. I miss those days. Everything kind of evened out now but I still somewhat feel lazy and unmotivated. I attribute this to the antipsychotic I'm on though.... Not benzos.

I feel like I'm in an elevator going up or something. Like gravity has shifted on this planet and I no longer feel it normally. When these attacks come on, it's just horrible like that. My legs feel like lead, my whole body does. I got on an elevator going up the other day, and felt totally normal for about 2 seconds.

I feel tired a lot. Sometimes it hits & I can barely stay awake but if I try to sleep I jerk awake & my body aches. I have achy muscles a lot. I take hot baths to relieve them & use icy hot to confuse my body when I feel shaky. I put lavender oil on my fan & let it blow in my room so it gives a calming feel. There have been days that I felt hit by a train & did not leave bed until 4 or 5 pm. I do brain treatments (brain optimization) & I feel much better in terms of energy when I am getting reg treatments.