Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can't imagine looking back on this..

[Mi...]

It's so completely mind f#%cking.. So cruel.. So long.... Every month I think, it can't be as bad next month. Then it is.. The waves are so bad, so long, the good times are so short, so rare. I can't imagine it going away anymore... I can't relate to the " normal" world. I need to be a good parent. I so want to be well, after so long how can I imagine this not being my reality.

Gosh Moo, this must be ever so hard for a single parent .

i really admire you because i can't imagine having to have the strength of looking

after a son during wd. you are a very strong girl and this will be over for you soon,

i am sure . may be you are just before this famous 'corner' .

love and strength from me as well. take care. :smitten:

Hi Moo,

I know how it feels to think that what you feel now will never be a memory but simply the present. Wondering over and over if this is as good as it gets.  Well, not true.  There will come a time when all of this is in the past, a memory never to be forgotten certainly, but the pain and suffering will be gone and the rewards of waiting for the body to heal are great.

I remember walking so many times and having a conversation with myself about this same problem, will I ever feel normal, what is normal anyway?  Now I only reflect on withdrawal in terms of helping others through this process.  You are so strong for being a mom and working as well. This strength will carry you to the finish line, the time of wellness.

pianogirl  :smitten:

This is incredibly tough. So sorry that any of us have to go through it.

Let's try and make it through today, and hope that tomorrow is a bit easier.... :smitten:

Hi Buddies:

I follow these threads and ache for you even though I only see it from the other side, for my husband. I know it might sound naive, but I saw that Jon Kabat-Zinn / the Center for Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction now has an online course.  I am not claiming that what my husband suffers is just from stress.  But first, that is what so many of his docs are telling him anyway, and second, to the extent its reduction (for that matter, anything) could have some direct or peripheral help, I'm going to encourage him to try it.  I will let anyone who is interested know how it goes.

I send my second-best thoughts all of your way.  Selfishly I am directing the first line to those right here in my home.  This is so hard.

Miss Moo:

My wishes for a speedy recovery go out to you.

I'm just a bit over six months off and I'm still dealing with waves and occasional glorious windows (that don't last long enough). Right now I'm surfing a wave and trying to keep my head above water.

Hang in there. The good times will get better and better (and last longer). It just takes time. You're doing great and I'm sure if you took a look back you'd see how far you have come.

Best wishes!

Sorry MissMoo  :(

Sending healing vibes your way, I hope it is over for you soon. I share the hopeless feeling that this will never go away. Take care  :smitten:

Freetobe, I've signed up for the MBSR course too and start in January. We have a classroom version of it here. Can't wait to try anything at this point! :)