Important Survey - Please Participate ×

What is this ?

[Cr...]

When I started my taper I started getting these awful feelings about dying. This has been something that stayed with me until now almost a year later. I think to myself I have a disease that hasn't been caught, or that I will have a car accident. I haven't talked about these feelings with anyone. I can be very upbeat having a good day and death will cross my mind. It's so frightening and really draining me. I am terrified of death so this is my worst symptom. I obsess about my health but that plays into to my overall fear of dying young.  :-[

Oh, your not alone! This is my biggest anxiety trigger ever!  For me this "fear of dying" was/is the root of all my OCD and anxiety. I have been on AD's for 20 years and have been able to not let it effect me until this past April, which started my xanax. I use to even TRY to get myself to get anxious over my old thoughts, wasn't possible!!  Now it comes in waves. I know it is irrational to obsess over these things, but like you, there are times it takes over!

Yes, it's quite common during benzo w/d. I started to feel those kinds of fear as well when when I reached lower doses on my taper.

Fear of being struck by a terrible illness has been a staple sx during my taper. Hard to shake off but it's a sx, take it for what it is. Obviously if you feel terrible go check with your doc for some reassurance but almost everytime these things are only w/d sxs.

Thank you both. Physically I feel great...some days. It's my brain that won't give me a break. I do have physical withdrawals but they are less intense at this point.