Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I wish we had chat, I am lonely

[JC...]

there are people around but I still feel alienated.  This sux.  Waaaaa.  Waaaaaaa.  Waaaaaaaa.  Waaaaaa.

Part of me died when that chat went away.  :'(

We do not have the team needed to moderate a Chat board at the present time.  I understand it provided a different level of support for members but requires a lot of work and attention. We simply can't take that project on at this point.

pianogirl

I used to live chat with other agoraphobics on Prodigy (yes, I'm old) and it really was nice. I miss that sort of support. It is different. But I am so very, very grateful for this forum that I will take static posts any day over nothing.

Thank you so much to Colin and all of the moderators on this board. I will eternally be grateful to each and every one of you for all of the hard work you put in and for providing us with this forum. Without it I dread to think what would become of me.

koko

I used to live chat with other agoraphobics on Prodigy (yes, I'm old) and it really was nice. I miss that sort of support. It is different. But I am so very, very grateful for this forum that I will take static posts any day over nothing.

Thank you so much to Colin and all of the moderators on this board. I will eternally be grateful to each and every one of you for all of the hard work you put in and for providing us with this forum. Without it I dread to think what would become of me.

koko

You are very welcome koko, I feel the same way about BB.  I sometimes wonder what would have become of me had I not found the forum. 

koko

You are very welcome koko, I feel the same way about BB.  I sometimes wonder what would have become of me had I not found the forum. 

same with me. this forum saved my life and i shall never forget that. forever grateful

to Colin and the whole team. thank you. :smitten:

A chat room would be nice sometimes...

It really does seem as if no one truly understands what we experience on this journey, each in our own way, of course...It's hard to explain to a "normie" why I suddenly get light headed or that I'm irrationally terrified to leave my house...We mey not all share the same symptoms, but we do, at least, understand one another...

I, too, miss the chat but I've made up for it by developing some supportive friendships and we communicate via PMs. It's not as good as a chat, but PMs can fly back and forth pretty quickly.

You might want to try and find 3-4 people with whom you feel a "connection" and begin swapping PMs. When I log on to BB, I always check my messages first and respond to PMs. It's kind of fun to have some more personal and private conversations. Some things I feel more comfortable sharing in private, since everything posted here is so public...

That's a good idea, Tex. But what if they don't want to exchange PMs with you? Er, that would be embarrassing. How do you make the approach? Start things? I would like to do that . . . and even sent someone a PM with the idea of starting an exchange but they never replied to me. That was devastating.  If we're rebuffed, so we just get up our guts and try again?

Okatz

I, too, miss the chat but I've made up for it by developing some supportive friendships and we communicate via PMs. It's not as good as a chat, but PMs can fly back and forth pretty quickly.

You might want to try and find 3-4 people with whom you feel a "connection" and begin swapping PMs. When I log on to BB, I always check my messages first and respond to PMs. It's kind of fun to have some more personal and private conversations. Some things I feel more comfortable sharing in private, since everything posted here is so public...

Chats would be ideal, but can understand why Colin and the moderators don't have the time to moderate them. I wouldn't want anyone moderating my private chats anyway. So i do what Tex67 does, have developed a couple of good friendships with people via PMs. It's a good alternative. benzogirl.

Chats would be ideal, but can understand why Colin and the moderators don't have the time to moderate them. I wouldn't want anyone moderating my private chats anyway. So i do what Tex67 does, have developed a couple of good friendships with people via PMs. It's a good alternative. benzogirl.

I think they had problems with the past chat as far as arguments and some trolls coming on board, etc.  It's probably a big hassle for them.  I understand.

The chat made me laugh.  It was a lot of fun.  A couple of times people did misunderstand my jokes and that is going to happen when you get people together, especially when you are dealing with people who are going through this benzo wd crap.

Now I call the Samaritans.  Sometimes anyway.

Yeah, I agree a chat room would be useful for when you need prompt support or just pass the time chatting with people in a similar situation as you.

I would participate even though chats are really not my thing.

I also agree with what other buddies have written about BBs and also what to say thank you to the team and Colin for making this site possible!