Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Symptoms worse in the afternoon

[Br...]

I take my 0.5 mg clonazepam before bed and have a pretty good night sleep and feel pretty good in the am. What I have noticed is a couple hrs after lunch I start to go downhill with that weird feeling in my head, headache, more enhanced at the end of the day after my drive home I  get home and feel like a space monkey sometimes.

I am wondering if this is common as if the dosage from the night beofore  starts to wear off and then I eat lunch and maybe thru absorbtion im withdrawing and my body wanting more. ???

Common with anybody elses experience ?

I have the same problem with Valium. Some folks believe we need to split our doses into 2 or 3 doses a day. I think I'm going to ask my doc about this next appointment.

I have exactly the same problem. I do believe I ought to split my dose. I am absolutely useless in the afternoon whereas the mornings are pretty much OK.

After I finish my hold here at 2 mg and have NO s/x apart from afternoon fog (I updosed due to the awful nausea I feel last thing in the p.m and am hoping the updose and the hold will get rid of that) I will consider splitting my dose. I want to ask the folks on the Diazepam Tapering Thread what they think about that.

If you guys do split your dose, I would like to know how it affects you? Would you post or send me a PM?

Wishing you success,

Okatz

I have exactly the same problem. I do believe I ought to split my dose. I am absolutely useless in the afternoon whereas the mornings are pretty much OK.

After I finish my hold here at 2 mg and have NO s/x apart from afternoon fog (I updosed due to the awful nausea I feel last thing in the p.m and am hoping the updose and the hold will get rid of that) I will consider splitting my dose. I want to ask the folks on the Diazepam Tapering Thread what they think about that.

If you guys do split your dose, I would like to know how it affects you? Would you post or send me a PM?

Wishing you success,

Okatz

I see one problem. When you get to a tiny dose how do you split that?

Yeah, I worried about that, too. When I get down to, say .02 on both split doses, I will go to .01, hold until I am sure I am feeling OK (or go to an even tinier dose both times), get the guts to hop off, then hop.

I planned to cut both doses equally. May be skewed thinking . . . but I'll ask others for their advice. It seems wise to reduce both doses equally if I do go to 2 x a day dosing.

But I have to think about all this. The last thing I want to do is make things worse for myself than they are now.

Thanks for your input.

Okatz

Yes you should split the dose.  You are going through interdose withdrawal.  If you switch to liquid or dry cutting you can get very precise.  Of course you don't have to split doses but it sure seems to help.