Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Humiliated asking people for help

[Be...]

Thanx Becks for info on restoril.  So when you say you have been off benzos since nov 12 you are including the restoril and ambien?

Snufi

Yes, I've been off all the benzo's since Nov. 2012.  I was taking them at night for sleep only.  The Restoril is a very short acting benzo sleep aid, which is supposed to last only two hours.  I think I kept myself in tolerance w/d from never taking any benzo's during the day, so that was probably not too good, because I would get anxiety then during the day and didn't realize it was from w/d.  Then I didn't realize I had an addiction to them and didn't take a pill one night and next day felt really bad and had a mini seizure at work the next day, which messed me up. 

Thanx Becks for info on restoril.  So when you say you have been off benzos since nov 12 you are including the restoril and ambien?

Snufi

Yes, I've been off all the benzo's since Nov. 2012.  I was taking them at night for sleep only.  The Restoril is a very short acting benzo sleep aid, which is supposed to last only two hours.  I think I kept myself in tolerance w/d from never taking any benzo's during the day, so that was probably not too good, because I would get anxiety then during the day and didn't realize it was from w/d.  Then I didn't realize I had an addiction to them and didn't take a pill one night and next day felt really bad and had a mini seizure at work the next day, which messed me up.

one time yrs ago i started shaking really bad when out. i took a pill and went back to normal in like two mins.

looking back, i had no idea of interdose w/d's and of course where i went they never warned me ::)

I actually starting going to anxiety support groups while in tolerance w/d  because of the interdose problem and my anxiety getting worse.  I remember one lady saying she's start getting anxiety and remember she forgot her klonopin, hum?  That's why I had all those tests done at the docs and was getting so hypersensitive and isolating at work, all from these pills and not taking them enough.  But, if I took them during the day, I'd get drugged feeling.  I remember coming home from work many nights and feeling like death going to the stores and stuff, interdose w/d. 

I'm not able to drive now due to this w/d, and I'm humiliated and embarrassed asking people for help, such as, getting rides to the grocery store, help with my car and repairs around my home.  I feel guilty that I need to bother people like this.  Plus, I'm somewhat afraid of social interaction now too because I feel so weird with the dp, boaty, dizziness, etc, so that stresses me out as well.  I'm housebound and live alone.  I was always so self sufficient before these benzo's, could take care of myself, drive, work, socialize, etc.  Now, I have panic and head s/x's most days and can't function very well.  I panicked last night because I ran out of iced tea and needed to call a friend to please pick some tea bags up for me when he went to the store.  I get panicky now about my food and running out of things or it going bad.  Pre benzo, it was no big deal, I could jump in the car and get what I needed.  I thought I would be well by now at one year off, but no such luck.  Does anyone else have these issues with needing to depend on others?  How do you cope with this?

Hello Blue

I was like that too . Was horrible ask people even stay  in my place to sleep or  I went sleep in other people  place , because was afraid to be alone .

Afraid go stores because  of panic at.

Don't feel bad , just don't , all  this craziness will go away with time .

You will be able  do everything  on your own.

Trust me , I know how you feel , but all this will go away , is  part of w/d from benzo .  Love Erika.

Love Erika

Hi Erika, I was wondering where you've been?  Thanks for the encouraging words.  How are you doing?  Did you get over that virus you had a few months ago?  I hope so.  I feel horrible today and everyday really. 

Hi Blue

yes I am much better. All this take very long time to heal .  Remember this Blue , take very long time . I was sure after 6 months I will be fine . Reality is take me  almost 2 1/5  years  to get  better  I can function  .

I voiding  people , because everybody are sick and I am very sensitive .

Working with animals and l am much better .

Tim and time will heal us .

Trust me one day you will say Erika was talking about time and is tru .

Time will hal us all .

Love Erika :smitten:

Thanks erika,  I'm glad you're feeling better.  I pray this all goes away very soon.  My family doc says it does get better, too, but takes time.