Important Survey - Please Participate ×

JUMP QUESTION, please

[Be...]

Im at the end of my taper, I got 2 .0625 cuts to go, Ive been antsy to jump, dont really know why, other than just tired of all the s###.... my insomnias back in a really bad way, this is pre-benzo, so I dont think it has much to do with withdrawal at this point, my brain has been extra crazy, dont know if its the insomnia, or a combination of everything, so I said all that so ask this...

last night I finally got some sleep, from 10:30 until 6, off and on, but stayed in the bed cause I felt I could drift back off everytime I woke, and I did, got some deep periods too..woke up feeling pretty good, and the heart palps had broke....then I realized I didnt take my dose last night (I just dose once at night), Im wondering if theres a connection between me feeling better, sleeping and skipping the dose.....anybody?

ps, I doubt I'll jump, the side effects I have suffered scare me enough already, but I just wondered if anyone had heard or experienced this, if they have, I  might be inclined to really consider it...

I dose once a day, at night, supposedly before bed lol...

I decided to lay down and rest around 10:30, thinking I would get back up as usual..

but I never got outta bed, and I needed the sleep desperately so I stayed there, I remember thinking about taking my dose when I woke up one time, but was in such a state of "sleepy" that I just went back to sleep, so I didnt take my dose...

when I got up this morning at 6, I felt sooooooo much better, and my heart palps were way better, I took my dose then,,, (Im pretty erratic on when I take my dose, its never seemed to bother me much)

either its coincidence, or theres something to it... could be i had a pretty bad withdrawal going on lately and its just lifted, or could be that the meds making me "sick" for some reason at this point..

I dont feel bad after I took the dose, so now Im thinking it might just be coincidence, that I was just getting out of that long bad wave...

ps., its never bothered me to skip a day of dosing, Ive done it several times if I was drinking, I wouldnt take my dose that night, I just waited until the next night,,,I might get a bit jittery just before taking it the next night is all...

Then, I say stick with your plan. You are so close to your goal already. You might as well just finish your taper to be on the safe side.

Denise  :smitten:

As someone who is still dealing with a lot of problems 2.5 years benzo free and who wishes that they had tapered even more slowly than they did, I'd just put out a gentle warning that it's not the *taking* of the benzo that is making you sick, it the *not* taking it. 

Frequently, once people start tapering and see the effects their reaction is to rush off, which only makes them sicker.  I'd suggest considering that if you don't like what's happening now, you might especially not like what is happening once you jump.  So far as I can tell, premature jumping doesn't just cause temporary problems that you can tough out for the sake of getting on with your life, it causes lasting problems that will far delay the resumption of your normal life past when you could have moved on if you had just continued a slow taper.

Best wishes, whatever you decide.

:)

As someone who is still dealing with a lot of problems 2.5 years benzo free and who wishes that they had tapered even more slowly than they did, I'd just put out a gentle warning that it's not the *taking* of the benzo that is making you sick, it the *not* taking it. 

Frequently, once people start tapering and see the effects their reaction is to rush off, which only makes them sicker.  I'd suggest considering that if you don't like what's happening now, you might especially not like what is happening once you jump.  So far as I can tell, premature jumping doesn't just cause temporary problems that you can tough out for the sake of getting on with your life, it causes lasting problems that will far delay the resumption of your normal life past when you could have moved on if you had just continued a slow taper.

I'm reluctant to say anything about this, because my experience seems so unusual around here, but taking the drug does indeed make me sick. It happens about an hour after I take it, although I'm noticing it much less since my doses are so small (I dose three times a day to avoid the increase in symptoms).

My body is rejecting benzos. I wish it weren't, because then there would be something I could do about it (i.e., slow down). As it is, I'm getting a lot of protest either way.

Benzy, I missed a dose the other night, too.  :oops:

I slept well!

I agree with the poster above me. I am down to .5 klonopin and I have to say when I take my morning dose I start to get a mild panic attack. Now that I'm down to such a low dose the panic attacks are less intense.

For me, it could be panic related to knowing how bad this drug is. I'm not sure. When I went from 2.5 mg down to 1mg the panic/anxiety/physical pain was unreal. For me it seems the lower the dose the less intense all the symptoms are.

Ya I feel the same way, but at this point I guess I can stick it out and stick with the plan, I'd be too scared anyway

It just surprised me that I felt so much better and actually finally slept and I had skipped the dose, thanks all

last night I finally got some sleep, from 10:30 until 6, off and on, but stayed in the bed cause I felt I could drift back off everytime I woke, and I did, got some deep periods too..woke up feeling pretty good, and the heart palps had broke....then I realized I didnt take my dose last night (I just dose once at night), Im wondering if theres a connection between me feeling better, sleeping and skipping the dose.....anybody?

That sounds awesome! The fact that you accidentally skipped a dose, slept pretty well, and feel good means you are in a good spot. I can't offer you advice on what to do next but you have to feel encouraged to know that you can skip a dose and feel good. I'm happy for you.

I agree with the poster above me. I am down to .5 klonopin and I have to say when I take my morning dose I start to get a mild panic attack. Now that I'm down to such a low dose the panic attacks are less intense.

For me, it could be panic related to knowing how bad this drug is. I'm not sure. When I went from 2.5 mg down to 1mg the panic/anxiety/physical pain was unreal. For me it seems the lower the dose the less intense all the symptoms are.

Oh, wow--someone like me! I'm so glad I posted, lol.

I wondered if the bad reaction was psychological, too (I really hate benzos), but even if it is, there's no denying that I feel better at 2 milligrams than I felt at 15 or 10 or 5. With only a couple of exceptions, I feel better after every cut. It's all I can do to wait for cut day!

If you don't mind my asking, what's your taper rate?

I couldn't agree more. In my taper, I almost always took the conservative route when faced with a choice and it worked out pretty well. While getting to 0 is a huge milestone, the real "finish line" is the state of being completely healed. I believe that  for most people this is best accomplished with a gentle taper and a very low jump off dose. IMO, the psychological drive to hurry and get off benzos asap is responsible for a lot of unnecessary suffering seen posted on BB.

Bart

THIS^^^

I've been pondering the different points I see people jumping as well as their symptoms and how long they seem to be in a bad way. My consistent thinking on the matter is that the lower you go, the smoother your transition will be. Logic being that if you have a hard time making a cut of say .5mg V then jumping at that point would be hard quite hard and the WD would be acute and last longer.

I decided to ask a friend who I know *stepped off* at .005mg K which is equal to .1mg V about how she fared with the extended taper. She said that she had a rough wave around 3 months out. I remember her having some problems at the end of her taper. But aside from that hard wave at 3 months out, she was fine. Already started tapering a AD - about 8 months after she was off the benzo because she was doing that well. I should also mention that she had a previous rapid taper/CT/reinstatement and had to go somewhat slower with her taper so it's not like she was one of the 'lucky' ones. But tapering that extra several months probably made a huge difference because it's added healing time and when you do stop, you are stopping from a much lower dose so the shock to your system is far less.

Currently I can think of about 2 or three members that are tapering to a very low dose. Bart is on fumes. Another just stepped off at dose lower than my friend. I'm looking forward to hearing how they do as I suspect they will fare quite well rather than what we generally see.

I think sometimes people just want to get it over with and also they might be having some bad WD from tapering faster than their bodies could adapt, so they race to that finish line thinking it will be better to just be off, but that really cuts them off from valuable time that could be spent healing during a taper their body could handle so that when they do step off rather than jump, the landing isn't akin to falling off a building. Just my .02 based on what I've seen and learned.

most likely I'll be licking the dust off all my empty bottles the last month of my taper...

Great idea!

My current dose by dry weight is somewhere between flatus and moonbeams which I take intermittently when I remember. I think I'll "jump" when my supply gets moldy and starts smelling bad.