Important Survey - Please Participate ×

tolerance w/d advice

[th...]

I believe I have been in tolerance w/d on and off during the years. what do you do if you are? take your normal does??  stop and let things settle down? take more??  today is a very bad day.. dp/dr , fog ect.. about as bad as when I accidently went c/t months ago.  ( note: my sig. is slightly off (by .125 ) , cant seem to get my log book in the same room as computer)  I guess my ?'s are  : if your body is in tol. w/d , does more or less help ? what to do if you are ? how can you tell?

I believe I was in tolerance for a year, I was at 2 mgs of xanax, but I refused to take more, and I thought the symptoms I was having was side effects from other meds I was on, the list was similar to the withdrawals from benzos....

after I started to taper, they lessened gradually and I feel mucho better, though Ive had old timers on here tell me I wasn't in tolerance if thats the case, they said if you reach tolerance you will continue to feel bad throughout your taper, I didnt find this to be true in my case, and Im still definite I was in tolerance...

reading your sig, it looks to me like you might be cutting too large of a cut at too quick of a rate and are just suffering the side effects from doing that....

Ive taken just about the same thing you were, 2 mgs..... I only cut .0615 at a time, thats a 1/4th of a .25 and i only do it about every 3 weeks or so...

In general, "tolerance withdrawal" refers to the phenomenon of having w/d symptoms despite continuing to take a normal dose. Since you've been tapering for several months now, you're not in tolerance withdrawal -- you're just in withdrawal! It's unpleasant I know, but it's quite normal.

As to whether or not you should hold your dose for a while to see if things level out, that's entirely up to you. I know that some people prefer to hold doses a lot during their tapers, and other people prefer to continue cutting even if they feel rough because they don't believe they will heal entirely as long as they're on the drug. Personally I moved back and forth between these two views several time during my tapers.