Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Lousy Sleep

[sh...]

Hi everyone:

I just wanted to check with others on the sleep quality issue.  I have had a rough month.  I tried to come down on temezapam which was a big mistake.  I went too fast. For the past 6 months I have been taking my time withdrawing from klonopin.  I have the worst feeling of chronic withdrawal.  I sleep at night for about 6 hours.  With all the sedatives I take, I should sleep much longer.

My question is this. Does anyone have experience with multiple drugs for sleep?  I get the hours, but I feel like hell when I wake up, very hung over.  I know I have to go slow because I am heavily addicted at this point.  I have never been addicted like this before.  I have taken benzos and other AD's, etc. I feel like I am losing hope because of the slowness of the tapering. It just seems like I have the worst yet to go through.  When I tried to reduce the temezapm last week, I was in intolerable agony.  I haven't been able to work for several years and I feel like the drugs have ruined my life.  Sometimes I feel like jail would be an alternative. They would take me off fast and I would either die or get well. I have a hard time not blaming myself for the mess I am in with these drugs.  I had a little REM sleep when I lowered my temezapam.  So I got a taste of what real sleep is like if I can stand the withdrawals to get there.  Thanks for being so nice to me. My family is in chaos so I can't go to them.

Kendall

I was taking zopiclone and trazodone for sleep. At one point I was taking 20mg of zopiclone (which was 4 times my prescription). The quality of sleep was very poor. I recently tapered off both and though I'm only getting 5 hours per night I feel more refreshed. I do still take some OTC stuff (ZzzQuil) and I need to be careful with it because even though it isn't prescription I think it reduces sleep quality and is also addictive.

Hi:

Thanks for the support.  We need to be pro-active with this but we have to be very careful.  Drugs are a minefield and sometimes we just have to trust God that all will turn out for good in the end.  Instinct is good.  We just have to be careful and be patient.  Patience is one of the things that people lack when they are anxious.  God will help us if we help ourselves. Improved sleep off benzo stories would be most encouraging.  Thank you again. BB is becoming my new family.

Kendall