Important Survey - Please Participate ×

TOLERANCE WITHDRAWAL

[Ch...]

Can anyone please tell me what exactly it is and what their symptoms were ? Is it basically the same as withdrawal ? I have only been on fairly low doses of diazepam on and off for 9 years but every day this year due to personal issues. Since being on it every day this year I have never been so sick. I have been tested for just about everything you can think of. After the small amount of research I have done I believe I may be suffering from tolerance withdrawal ( either that or I'm grasping at straws ) These are just a few of the numerous symptoms I have suffered this year-

FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS

HEADACHES

SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES

ACHING EVERYWHERE

DIGESTIVE ISSUES

STOMACH PAINS

RASH

HIVES

MOUTH SORES AND ULCERS

ITCHING PARTICULARLY ON THE HEAD AND TOP OF MY BACK

STARTING LOSING MY HAIR THIS PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS

INTOLERANCE TO LACTOSE AND FRUCTOSE DIAGNOSED AFTER SEEING GASTRO FOR DIGESTIVE BOWEL ISSUES

ALLERGIC TYPE REACTIONS TO FOOD ( SHOWED A REACTION TO WHEAT , WHEAT FLOUR, TOMATO AND SHRIMP ON SKIN PRICK TEST, BUT ALLERGY DOCTOR SAYS NOT AN ALLERGY, THE WEAL WAS 2 MM, HAS TO BE 3 MM OR MORE TO BE AN ALLERGY ) FEEL LIKE MY WHOLE DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IS OUT OF WACK AND I REACT TO EVERYTHING.

BURNING LIPS AND TONGUE PLUS ITCHY

BRAIN FOG, MEMORY ISSUES, MOOD SWINGS , ANXIETY

I COULD LITERALLY GO ON, THERE HAS BEEN SO MANY !

I have had numerous tests, including blood tests monthly, brain scan, MRI of my neck due to jaw/ear pain. Endoscopy/colonscopoy. Ct scans of my abdomen. Apart from the food intolerances, low vitamin D, they cannot find anything wrong with me. After a small amount of reading on here I believe a lot of my issues may have been caused by the benzo's.

Would love to hear if anyone else has had all of this too and that it could be caused by use of benzo's or this tolerance withdrawal I read about. I do have a nasty habit of nibbling ( as my doctor calls it ) and taking half here and there, so its probably my own fault this is happening :( Hope to hear from others, I want off of this drug, but because I haven't taken them at set times of the day I don't even know where to begin with my tapering :(

Hello I will save you a lot of time and pain, just go to Buddy Blogs and look for the thread for "Diazpam(Valium) support and taper by:Danni. Post all ur questions there... Soooo many super smart members there to help you... Including my self  :)

Mr scared.

Information, Reading and Learning...

Equals Healing :)

[61...]

This sounds very definitely like tolerance withdrawal. I suffered exactly the same issues for many years until a series of stressful life events brought everything to a head and made me research. I found the answers here and elsewhere and stopped my 'nibbling' there and then. I had sleeping tablets, Nitrazepam ten a month and occasional Valium. I was on benzos for a lifetime.

I'm now a year off the drugs and have been through a terrible intensification of all those symptoms but I am recovering and it does get better once your body and brain have sorted themselves out.

You need to look at what you can do to stop gradually. Its more difficult when on an unstable dose to find a starting point. You may have to updose to a regular daily amount and then taper as advised. I cold turkeyed and it was bad but i couldn't face updosing and going slowly at my age.

Good Luck

Thankyou for the replies. Yes the thought of updosing really puts me off, but if what Im going through is tolerance withdrawal I don't know if I can handle these symptoms either :( Im assuming because Im on a fairly low dose that my taper would be fairly quick ? The stupid things is some days I feel WORSE after I have taken the valium. I thought taking it would make me feel better ? I actually feel better BEFORE I have taken it but because Im so afraid to just stop cold turkey I keep on taking them. Half the time I feel perfectly fine in the morning but take my valium because Im afraid of withdrawal. I never thought I would be going through on such low doses :(

I took different amounts between 1mg-1.5mg. I have had some of the same symptoms as you. I am now down to .5mg a day and a lot of the withdrawal symptoms for me are less intense. I have bad days or "waves" I have had 5 bad days in a row. I hope you feel better real soon !