Important Survey - Please Participate ×

hopping off tomorrow morning...

[Co...]

Hop hopping off in the morning.....I have been holding at. .0312 ativan 1xday for 4-5 weeks...completely a psychological hold...I think...Anyway as Ashton recommends...its not beneficial to get down to dust and just drag it out forever...so now is as good of time as ever.

......feel like I am starting at 0 again for confidence...but the only way to do it...is to do it...

............crossing my fingers...and apologizing premtively for being on BBs ALOT in the near future.....cooperten..

Coop, you're more than welcome to post here in the "Post-withdrawal Recovery Support" section, but most of the folks here are probably 4+ months off benzos. Since you're coming off tomorrow, you might want to post on the "Withdrawal" section and then come back here in a few months.

I'm not being a traffic policeman and say who can post where, etc., I just think you're more likely to find "peers" who are going through the same thing if you post on the Withdrawal section.

Of course, you CAN get the benefit of hindsight from those of us who have been off, but I'm at six months now and I really don't think I could tell you the difference between month 1 and month 2. Time has blurred those whole first couple of months into one big, bad memory...

I wish you luck and that your withdrawal is smooth sailing...

Tex

Thanks Tex...I have been skimming through the posts on both sides of the board and am easily finding posts on both that are relateable and supportive. I pretty much feel that the last 6 weeks of my taper were somewhat 'recovery-ish '. I have also read some posts on the recovery board that speak to issues of momentary return of some s;x. I sm sure that I will eventually fall into one or the other...Thank you for your direction ...are you one of the moderator's?...

.......I think InaDaze had a perfect take on the split board...( paraphrase)....simple as :..if you are putting benzos in your body..eithdrawl..if you are not putting benzos in your body...recovery if you have been off 5 days or 5 months...the point is to support one a other wherever we are. I pretty much agree with that.  I can't promise to never post anything "hysterical", 'in crisis " or "dramatic "....takin ' it one day at a time...congratulations on your 6 plus months out...wishing you continued healing.....cooperten

Congratulations.

No, I'm not a moderator. I just wanted to point out the change in the board sections in case you were unaware, since by coming off of benzos you probably would go through a withdrawal stage. Hopefully, since you did a sensible taper, it won't be much.

Again, congratulations!

Tex

This is the board for all benzo free buddies to post for support.  Even if this is their first day benzo free.  :)  At the completion of the taper, all support posts should go on this board.  Cooperten is free today, so I believe this is the right spot for this post.

Congratulations Cooperten!  You're officially in Post-withdrawal as far as our forum lineup is concerned.  :thumbsup:

Cooperten….Welcome to getting your true self back….will seem different but you have a lot of support here. Blessings to you on your healing journey... :smitten:  Jude

Tex,  Juleia, Jude and Katz....thank you...stepping I to recovery ..onto a board for those recovering seems like a huge psychological boost...I am so appreciative of the board and those posting support on it. I hope I can be supportive to others stepping out of w/d as well....

.............cooperten..

Laser...thank you so much for the encouraging words...it feels great to be posting from this board. Tapering is such a circular counter intuitive...non- linear experience...having a concrete mile stone ( stepping onto a board that says " recovery ') is a wonderful motivator....I will be looking for your posts here...and supporting you all the way through....coop

Well done coop! What a journey hey! That is a huge achievement and I would like to send u a big hug!

U will be fine. Might be a bit bumpy but after what u have been thru.... .? A piece of cake!

Pinkee

Congratulations cooperten!!  What a huge achievement.  Hang onto that feeling of accomplishment...I know you (and me, and all of us) can do this.  Since jumping I have had a rough time with panic attacks, insomnia, brain fog/damage, etc. but I would have had that with any dose reduction...hopefully it eases up soon.  Check in and let us know how you're doing!

Laser...thank you so much for the encouraging words...it feels great to be posting from this board. Tapering is such a circular counter intuitive...non- linear experience...having a concrete mile stone ( stepping onto a board that says " recovery ') is a wonderful motivator....I will be looking for your posts here...and supporting you all the way through....coop

Congratulations, Coop~~ HUGE Accomplishment~~ Your statement is right on the money. Recovery is a mile

stone and motivator. Will be supporting you and all every way I can. :thumbsup:

NFM :angel:

So, cooperten, how are things going? You're finishing up Day 2... We're here if you need to scream, shout or otherwise blow off steam if the stress gets to ya.

Thanks Tex...so far so good..( but like you said...only day 2 )...so far very much like windows I had in taper...but I know how that can change in an eyeblink...During taper I really learned how to live in the moment ( reduced the disappointment of 1 good day...3-4 bad days and ruined plans)...also the 'art ' if going with it...accepting things as they are as much as possible..all of that so much easier to say than do...CBT and BBs saw me through the tough times...I think those same strategies will get me through part 2....If anything I may have some sore muscles..but I will take that any day rather than panics...

......Thanks for asking Tex....hope you are well too....I really can not imagine a Ct jump...I 'm sure it would have killed me...how are you approaching the holidays?...I am doing waaaay low key..

......wishing you continued good days....coop

Thanks In...was so glad to hear that you felt better today...hope tomorrow is even better ..

......our worst days are behind us...better days right in front of us....coop

InaDaze...I think I confused you with a post by IWant2....but I do hope you are feeling good....( a little benzo brain)....a peaceful night to you BB friend.....coop

Well...here I am at. 6-7 days off....for the most part I feel pretty much as I did through the last 4-5 weeks of my taper ( mostly baseline days with some mini-windows...a few nice windows and some lie days with the usual taper s/x only less intense and more intermittent).

.......Yesterday was a really nice day ..even went shopping by myself and actually connected to the fun and joy of it...I did have to push through some nervousness and anticipatory agoraphobia...but it was worth it...only out for about 2 hours...made me really tired.  but ok

.........Today...day 6-7...... I think the hop off is beginning to make itself known...

..................muscle pain ..a new s/x...not unbearable but enough to disrupt my sleep

..................slight headache that doesn't let up....not painful ..but bothersome...........

...................some return of palps ( but I didn't get these until last 2 weeks of taper

.................... * pretty bad sleep...( on and off during taper...avg. 5-6 / night)...now ..3-4....muscle pain is a player in this I think

....................brief noments of anxiety and shaking

.....................morning depression and intrusive thoughts...but not as bad as in taper ..lifts when I get up

.............So over all I think I had a really nice window yesterday ...moderate s/x are appearing and pretty much at a neutral baseline....not depressed..but not quite emotionally engaged...

Definitely better than mid-taper...but can see I have a long way to go....

Cooperten:

Doesn't sound as bad as it could be. Yes, this drug will not let us off scott free. Hoping for better days ahead. Thanks for keeping us posted.  :smitten:

Daze...thanks for the encouraging words...I am wishing you some sunny windows too...hope you are having some bright moments with your little ones....

Laser....it could be so much worse...mid-taper was so hard...this I can manage...hoping to see the worst of it over the winter...I will be 6 months out in June so looking forward to a summer without anxiety. Hope you are having. sun breaks....

.....,..............cooperten