Important Survey - Please Participate ×

went off the wagon--need to taper again?

[ho...]

I'd successfully tapered from .75  clonazepam taking about a year to do it.  Been off of it for about 4 months. But this Thanksgiving weekend, I made a trip to visit family out of town and pain and anxiety was screaming at me so bad that I took .125 per day for 5 days.

I know--not supposed to do that--but haven't visited them out of town for 4 years. Also, can't afford to stress adrenals anymore than they are.

The clon. did tamp anxiety down a little and it was worth it.

I don't regret it, but am now concerned that I'll have a C.T. effect.

Also, I'm wondering if in the future, for short term travel if it would be okay to ask for just a limited rx of valium? Isn't that one easier to get off of?

I just don't travel anymore because of pain and would like to.

I feel your pain! I have to travel for work and its not easy! The places I travel to are also remote. But I've been on auto pilot for years until I decided I wasn't taking lunesta every night anymore after years being on it then my world came tumbling down. Only you know what you can and can't do. Just when I think I can't do this I say you have to. We feed our own fires,try and find alternatives that may calm you down like vistaril or Benadryl. Just try to avoid falling back in the pit. I'm still in it ,and I pray hard that will manage to get out!

Good luck

I think you will be OK but that could lead to over confidence and that's the problem.  Eventually you will get sucked back in.  Flush the bottle while you still can.

I think you will be OK but that could lead to over confidence and that's the problem.  Eventually you will get sucked back in.  Flush the bottle while your still can.

I agree. If it were me, I wouldn't taper after such short term use of low doses.

I'd successfully tapered from .75  clonazepam taking about a year to do it.  Been off of it for about 4 months. But this Thanksgiving weekend, I made a trip to visit family out of town and pain and anxiety was screaming at me so bad that I took .125 per day for 5 days.

I know--not supposed to do that--but haven't visited them out of town for 4 years. Also, can't afford to stress adrenals anymore than they are.

The clon. did tamp anxiety down a little and it was worth it.

I don't regret it, but am now concerned that I'll have a C.T. effect.

Also, I'm wondering if in the future, for short term travel if it would be okay to ask for just a limited rx of valium? Isn't that one easier to get off of?

I just don't travel anymore because of pain and would like to.

I wouldn't worry about it. Your dose was only 1/6 of your earlier dose.

You took the equivalent of about 2.5MG Valium.  Valium comes in 2 MG pills.

Thanks guys!

When I C.T.'d twice way back before I decided I wanted off of clon, and found out about tapering here, it was after the third day that the anxiety hit like a monster.

But I'm encouraged that you think the dose now was low.

Maybe BB is not the place to ask this since ALL benzo's are bad--but am wondering if I read here that valium is an easier one to stop. Isn't that why some people switch to it at the end of a taper?

Just wondering about a very limited Rx of valium taken onlly as needed for travel. I would tell my MD that I do not want ever again to  become dependent. My new MD is aware that my getting off of clon. was voluntary and in general do not like rx drugs of any kind.

And I am trying every natural thing there is--especially to build up adrenals so I handle stress better. Just don't want to go deeper in the hole with adrenals.

I don't think you need to taper again, in fact, i think that could do more harm. You really have to make a commitment to stay off these pills for life no matter what your circumstances are. We are all faced with travel, trauma, loss, etc at various times in our lives and looking to benzos for help leads to disaster. Learn new coping skills now so that you won't be tempted to use them again. Our GABA receptors stay sensitive for life.