Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Difficulty Walking?

[Th...]

Is anybody having difficulty walking?  My legs feel like dead sticks and I can't seem to control them properly.  I'm obsessing over this since I had two back surgeries and keep thinking this is not WD related and means I'm going to have to have another surgery.  I've already had too many surgeries, and too many drugs.

My arms are going thru the same thing.  Just no fine motor control anywhere.  I've already had the MS DX and the experts decided I as fine, just too many drugs.

But it's worrying me.

Lee

Is anybody having difficulty walking?  My legs feel like dead sticks and I can't seem to control them properly.  I'm obsessing over this since I had two back surgeries and keep thinking this is not WD related and means I'm going to have to have another surgery.  I've already had too many surgeries, and too many drugs.

My arms are going thru the same thing.  Just no fine motor control anywhere.  I've already had the MS DX and the experts decided I as fine, just too many drugs.

But it's worrying me.

Lee

Lee, I'm 7 months out from jumping, and I have never had major problems walking or moving. Even so I do have times when I swear my legs want to go out from under me. Sometimes it feels really hard to stand up from a sitting position, and I still have major problems bending over and tying my shoes. I'm running 3 miles a night, so it might seem like I am having no problems, but I do, and I did NOT have these problems while taking Klonopin...

Before I ever heard of tolerance withdrawal, one of the main issues I was experiencing was difficulty walking.  Scared the heck out of me.  Thought something was terrible wrong.  I had never had any problems with my legs and walking.  Once I figured out I was in tolerance withdrawal, even though I could sometimes barely walk to our mailbox and back, walking has gotten much much better.  Every now and then I notice my gait is still a bit weird, but at least I can walk w/o being terrified my legs are going to give out underneath me.  I still have tight muscles in my back and abdomen areas, but, again, nothing like it was.

labonta:

Whew!  Thanks for the comeback on that.  My gut says it is probably tight & weak muscles, but my benzo-mind says OH NO!  YOU'RE CRIPPLED AND DEAD.  BETTER GO LIE DOWN.

Lee

I had it earlier in my taper and can still get occasional twinges where my legs feel like they don't work quite right. The condition is also known as "jelly legs" in the benzo community. It will pass.