Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I think I'm gonna pop some pills!

[JC...]

I'm getting exhausted and tired.  Can someone please shut off my brain?

I am going down the liquor store and down a pint of Jack Daniels.  :idiot:

JC

Hey.. Hang in there. I know how hard this can get. Your a fighter and you can get through these horrible sxs and days. It will ease for you. Try not to do anything that can hurt your healing..

You can do this buddie

`~Jenny

Thanks, Jenny.  Tommy Tutone in the house!

Robb and I are waiting for that chat to come back.  :)

I am freakin crazy.

Looney Tunes and Kookoo for Cocoa Puffs.

867-5309 here  :)

JC Chat was great I hope it comes back soon to. It helps when your feeling crazy and alone to talk to peeps .Try and hang in a bit and dont take any Pills....Dont down some JACK... Just breathe and stay as calm as you can. This will ease and you will be able to think clearly.

Try and just chat on here with some peeps until you feel a bit better .It will help time go bye

I know this is so cruel. But you will be ok

Thanks, Jenny.  If I can face this, I can face anything.

Your so right! And I know you can.. Your very welcome. Im pushing for you..

Please don't go to the liquor store :)

I'll pray for you

Peace

Can I bang my head several hundred times against a brick wall?  :laugh:

Thanks, amber.  For the support and the prayers.  I am fried today.

Hi JCurley,

If you slow your taper WAY down it really helps. I'd hold until your feeling way better and then micro taper the rest even if it takes a LONG time. That's OK, slow is best and eventually you do get off.  Never jump off in desperation!  A faster taper NEVER equals faster healing.

Hang tough :smitten:

At what dose are you on your taper JC? Maybe it's going a bit too fast? Look I'm down to .75 from 1mg diazepam and feeling the bump. Horrible anxiety today, I woke up and had to stand a panic attack. Feeling low now, but trying to keep my head straight and not fall for the quick fix of a rescue dose as I would have done in the past. If this helps we are weathering this storm together.

Stay strong pal. 

JC,

Your taper is pretty dramatic. I have been in w/d for a year and I will tell you that I would be splattered on the pavement if I did your taper. I was tapering too fast when I jumped klonopin and was given valium to make it more manageable. I had it in my head that I HAD to get it done. I was so sick I could not function. I got great advice from BB peeps and am at a 5% taper now and will start micro tapering to ward off the w/d. I sure hope you feel better. Rapid taper made me nuts.  :smitten:

Yeah, I agree with Colorado, it seems a bit fast if you're cutting 1mg every week. Maybe you should slow down a little or hold there until stabilized even better.

Wish you're feeling better.

1 mg per week! Holy cow! I was lucky to drop that in 3 months! Valium catches up to you and depending on your health, metabolism, etc it can take quite awhile to get used to a cut. I was cutting and holding for 3 weeks and that seemed to be good for me. I only cut 1/4 mg though. I still had Valium in my urine after 5 weeks off and heard it can stay in there up to 3 months. Could be why I'm feeling so sick right now at 3 months off.

Yeah, maybe I'm going too fast and need to hold.

Isn't this just another way to say you really should "pop some pills?" Seriously, if you went too fast, doesn;t it make as much sense to retrace to a higher dose as to hold at the current dose? Perhaps you are cutting at faster than your healing rate.

I don't think it's a good idea to go back up, if you can help it.

I'm gonna try holding and let my brain catch up.  :D

JC, unless things become seriously hairy try not to updose. Hold on where you are at now for a couple of more weeks and you should stabilize. I've done this and worked for me by holding for 4 weeks.

If you can stabilize in the next week or two at 9.5, I'd recommend just staying at that level until early January. The holidays have a way of wreaking emotional havoc and you don't want to be trying to make a cut in late December and dealing with the holidays.

I came down from 30 mg. Valium in 2.5 mg. steps every couple of weeks from January to late May of this year. I finally got to 5 mg. and I was jumping out of my skin. I didn't know that the lower you go the harder it gets and I should have been making much smaller cuts and holding longer, so I ended up jumping c/t from 5 mg. Whoa! I was in hell for 6-7 weeks but then it began to ease up. By 4 months I was feeling somewhat better. I'm now slightly more than six months off.

The holidays are a real challenge right now. I'm just hanging in there.

As for liquor, I used to do 2-3 shots of Jim Beam bourbon several times a day to calm my anxiety. It calmed my nerves but dulled my mind. I quit taking shots a few weeks ago and my mind has really cleared up. Alcohol really should be avoided as much as possible. I'll have one beer now and then, a nice, cold Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen, but just one. I don't get any kind of buzz off it, so it's not the problem that bourbon was...

Hang in there. I can tell you that it DOES get better. Ya just gotta push through it and let TIME heal your brain. There's no shortcuts. Just the passage of time...