Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Please need advice.

[Cr...]

This is embarrassing but I need some support. When I started my initial taper (unknowingly ) back in Jan. I was struck with a yeast infection about 2 months later. I got rashes between my fingers it was bad, even Athletes foot (never had that)At that time I had no idea what was going on. I went to my ObGyN she prescribed cream end of that. When I lowered down to 1mg in August I got another yeast infection. I was consumed with anxiety so I had a pap and blood sugar testing to rule out anything serious. I tapered down to .5 rather quickly 3 weeks ago today...I think I am developing another yeast infection.  What is the connection ? I have finals for college and I'm consumed with my physical issues. I had all testing done in August to rule out anything serious - I even had a pelvic ultrasound because I was overwhelmed with fear.

Has anyone experienced these kind of infections ?

Not sure, but I think Benzos cause yeast infections in some people.  Sounds like you are one of those people.  You could try vinegar douches to help prevent recurrence. Once you're completely off, it should go away.  I got psoriasis on my scalp during my Valium taper.  It is now almost gone.  Took my last dose today.

Hang in there,

Korbe

Im a male and i have candida infection that started when i was on acid blockers.  I blamed them for it, but it also seems the benzos are making it worse.  What a wonderful drug