Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I'm freaking out , very scared

[Be...]

I'm feeling very scared today all day since this morning , I'm at 0,25 a day , I don't know if I should reduce or increase my dose , my original dose was 0,5 a day , I'm feeling very very scared , anxious , depersonalized , please tell me what to do , my neck and jaw are  extremely stiff , I feel awfull all together

Bechlin -

I'm sorry - I know it's tough.

When it got hard for me, I would breathe. Breath slower and deeper than normal.

This really helped me. Try not to make up scary stories about the future. Stay here and know that you are safe.

River

Bechlin -

I'm sorry - I know it's tough.

When it got hard for me, I would breathe. Breath slower and deeper than normal.

This really helped me. Try not to make up scary stories about the future. Stay here and know that you are safe.

River

Thanx , I  really don't feel safe at the moment , I feel scared

Bechlin, i know its so scary but its not permanent. like River said....deep belly breathing

exercise.....in through your nose...deep into your belly.....hold for a count of 5

and slowly out again through your mouth. even if it looks stupid

you have to repeat doing it and it will help. horrible i know. but not permanent i promise. :smitten:

Bech are you okay? Is the blizzard revving you up? If it's any consolation I'm feeling very scared and anxious today too.

I'm about an hour south of you and we're really getting it here. I live in a very rural area and there's no one around if I need help.

I'm off benzos now but I still feel the effects of the weather hugely and wonder if it's unsettling to you too.

Hang in there, it's okay. You're safe.

Chinook :hug:

I know it is very scary. I have felt that way myself numerous of times. What your feeling is very normal and very much a part of the withdrawal symptoms of benzos. Knowing that really helped me. Try to relax as much as possible, you will find you will be able to manage your symptoms better. Try to Distract on other things that you can do...Anything,  Acceptance is very helpful also, the less you fight it the more control you will gain. And as always keep posting any and all things that you need to. Everyone here is needing to give back what they received.

You can make it through, it is not easy but it can be done! One day at a time! Take care of yourself and take all the advise from your BB friends and you will make it through! Blessings!

Bechlin, I'm sorry that you're going through this my friend. I'm going through some withdrawal myself, and I'm still on the freaking things! They call it "Tolerance Withdrawal" I think a lot of what I'm going through at the moment is coming from me reading and realizing that I'm actually going through the Tolerance Withdrawal. I refuse to take any more meds other than what's prescribed although I'm very very tempted. I learned many years ago the same deep breathing exercise that our friends here on the board are telling you to do, that's what has helped me for the passed few weeks. I ordered a 100 ML graduation tube last night, so I can start tapering off 1MG of Xanax. After that I have to taper off 3 MG of Clonazepam. I'm shaking, feeling like I cant think straight, have a lot of anxiety, worry, vertigo, cant sleep (even though I took a 50 mg Trazodone) mind is racing, and I haven't even started the taper yet! Just remember , it takes time..It will get better. Do the deep breathing,

slowly deeply in through the nose,hold for 5 seconds and let it out slowly. Try to think of your favorite place, your place of peace. Be it a nice warm beach, with the waves crashing to the shore,seagulls cawing in the distance. Lay back, breath deeply and slowly, and go to that special place and let your mind explore it.

I wish you happiness, calm,and peace...PepsiMoon

The stiff jaw sucks. I had it bad 3 weeks ago. It is 75% better now.

Don't be scared. You are sharing this experience with all of us. Just remember that your difficulties are a sign that your body is making the necessary adjustments to get back to "normal".

Bech are you okay? Is the blizzard revving you up? If it's any consolation I'm feeling very scared and anxious today too.

I'm about an hour south of you and we're really getting it here. I live in a very rural area and there's no one around if I need help.

I'm off benzos now but I still feel the effects of the weather hugely and wonder if it's unsettling to you too.

Hang in there, it's okay. You're safe.

Chinook :hug:

Ya the weather isn't helping for sure , right now uz around minus 15 Celsius and windy , my anxiet is very bad , I seem to have a different perception of reality and myself , I've had that for about a month but it's getting worse , I don't feel like myself anymore and it scares me

The stiff jaw sucks. I had it bad 3 weeks ago. It is 75% better now.

Don't be scared. You are sharing this experience with all of us. Just remember that your difficulties are a sign that your body is making the necessary adjustments to get back to "normal".

My jaw and neck are very painfull and I don't know if it's from withdrawel , I also have strange tingling in my right leg

Thank you everyone for your support, did any of you ever experience a different perception of reality ? I feel like a stranger in this world , I feel different from everyone else , nothing seems real , everything seems strange , I feel like I'm in a video game or something , I feel like I'm living in a different dimension from everyone else , I've had this for about a month but before that I never had it , I also feel like I don't know myself like I'm seperated from my body , am I going crazy ?  I'm scared

Bechlin

The feeling of being separated from your body is called depersonalization. The feeling of being separated from the world is called derealization.

These are common in benzo wd.  I had 'em, many of us have 'em.

The good news is that it is temporary, and you WILL  move through it.

I know this is hard.  :(

But you will make it. Hold on, ok?  :thumbsup:  :smitten:

River