Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Is this a big no no in wd?

[Ma...]

I have been having problems with my ocular pressure and haven't been to the eye dr since this wd started. I need to have my eyes dilated and have some test done to start some new eyes drops. I just read that they dilate eyes with phenylephrine. I thought this was a bid no no. Please advise. I don't want a set back. Thanks.

I have to have my eyes dilated every year so I'm sure I did it wile still in withdrawal and afterward.  I have no idea what they use but had no bad reaction or setback.  I can't imagine a tiny amount in your eye causing a problem.

Thanks beeper. I don't know anything about it. It says its an adrenergic antagonist or something like that.  I'm scared and don't know what to do.

Thanks beeper. I chickened out and didn't go. I failed both my test last year and they told me it was getting bad. I am scared now that I'm going blind. I am 32 and I feel like 102.

Maymay were you in withdrawals last year when you went? Or on the Ativan? And you were ok before that?

You should go!! You said it's easy to treat with the eye drops! I k ow eli1111 had high ocular pressure in recovery and by 30 months it was back to normal.

Hello getting there. Mine has been high for seven years. It was up before wd. I'm just scared I waited to long to go back. The last two visits I failed some tests. My optic nerve was beginning to get damaged two years ago but I neglected to go because I was in wd. I'm just worried. Thanks for your support.

Maymay, Do you feel up to rescheduling? I know it's scary, but it's best for you in the long run to go. There are things they can do to help you!

Could you have someone go with you?

I'm not feeling bad enough to not go. I'm just dreading the news when I go. Lol. I really do have to go. I think I will go tomorrow.