Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I think I'm done

[Ma...]

Last dose (1 mg) was last Saturday, November 23.  Took a small rescue dose on Wednesday night after a couple of middle-of-the-night panic attacks.  But nothing since then.

I think I'm finished my taper.

I am a complete wreck physically and mentally, but still feel like this is an accomplishment.  I can't quite believe it actually.  I haven't felt up to posting here lately, but have been lurking and reading, so want to say THANKS to everyone who's been sharing their experiences.  It's been such a help. 

Stay strong everyone...xoxo Malamutegirl

Alright, you did it! As uncomfortable as it can get at times try to stay off and give yourself a chance to fully heal. Keep reading and posting for support, you're doing great  :thumbsup:

It's a huge accomplishment, cause deep down in your soul you know no matter how hard it is you are starting your new life, and that after all is done you are going to be o.k. Call on us when you need us. Much love. Xxxx

Thanks :)  I am simultaneously looking forward to and scared of this "new life".  If I could get my pre-benzo life back, I would be thrilled.  But it's been a long 2.5 years since then. 

Congratulations, Malamutegirl!

Just as an FYI, you might find more folks who can relate to what you are going through at the "Withdrawal" section, which is for people who've just come off benzos and are in their first 3-4 months, or however long they're in withdrawal. There used to be a "Withdrawal and Recovery" section, but the two were split off into separate topics because there really is a distinct difference between "withdrawing" from benzos and then beginning to change one's frame of reference to "recovering" from benzos.

The section you posted this in is more for people who have gone through the worst of withdrawals and are now entering a new phase -- recovery from benzos!

I'm sure people here will be supportive and can relate to what you're going through, since at one point we all had just jumped off benzos. I just think that at the "withdrawal" section you may find more "peers" who are also just coming off benzos and with whom you may have more in common.

Regardless, congratulations for finally getting off benzos! It's a big achievement.

Thanks Tex and Svenhoak :)

I'm not clear re: the boards...this one says it is for post-taper support (i.e. me) and the other one says it is for support *during* a taper (not me anymore, hooray). 

Anyway, whatever the case, I think I've gone through the worst of withdrawals already (knock wood).  I don't feel great, but I don't feel death's-door-terrible any longer either.  I can function.  I'm lucky enough to have had a LOT of improvement between month 6 and 8 of tapering. 

MMGirl...I had confusion too about where to post...the board defines w/d as the time you are in taper...I am done with taper a d just barely at the jump off. I found that the thread that seemed to feel like. 'home ' was the one started by WiseWomanWithIssues ( topic heading is : are you fairly newly ...). I think it still appears on both splits of the board. ..I visited the 3-4 months off thread and read a post by Tex. that prompted me to ask if I was crashing a thread if I wasnt 3-4 months off...I don't always catch on to the etiquette of the forums...I have been all over the place...splitting the board was am immediate help to me to at least find a thread where I felt the focus was narrowed enough that I fit right in ...without sorting through a lot of posts....I love WWWI's thread...hope to see you over at WWWI 's thread...cooperten

Last dose (1 mg) was last Saturday, November 23.  Took a small rescue dose on Wednesday night after a couple of middle-of-the-night panic attacks.  But nothing since then.

I think I'm finished my taper.

I am a complete wreck physically and mentally, but still feel like this is an accomplishment.  I can't quite believe it actually.  I haven't felt up to posting here lately, but have been lurking and reading, so want to say THANKS to everyone who's been sharing their experiences.  It's been such a help. 

Stay strong everyone...xoxo Malamutegirl

Congratulations!

For simplicity sake I think if you are no longer putting benzos in your body, this is the main board for you. Whether 1 day or 5 years off. The only other option I know of is the protracted board.

If you are putting benzo in your body, then "withdrawal support" is the primary place to post.

Of course we should all continue to support each other regardless of where we are in the process, but since there are only 2 boards that's how I see the split, either on or off.

Tex ...I am confused...left you a question on the 3-4 month off thread...I am just now done tapering ..and tbought the board defines w/d as the time with which you are in taper....and recovery as post taper....I could be so wrong....I want to be posting on the correct part of the newly split board....I read in your post on the 3-4 month off thread .." we are ( well,  most of us) are 3-4 months out ".... so I so wondered if I was intruding on that thread....I know you are trying to help people find the board split and threads that are most beneficial to their concerns.

....thanks Tex.....cooperten

Daze....that makes total sense to me....I have been holding at .0312 ativan once a day...waiting for the holidays to pass...totally a psychological hold....no reason that I can see not to jump tomorrow morning....So ....I 'll just take that little hop.....see you on the recovery side...good clarification...thanks....and you are so right....regardless...its all about supporting each other no matter what board we find ourselves at on any given day. I understand the split of the boards to simplify the finding of similar concerns and mile posts along the way....not catagorizing BBs...

.....thanks Daze....wish me luck tomorrow morning .....coop

MMGirl...I am hopping off tomorrow and also understand recovery to be from the day you jump. I think InaDaze has a simple straight forward explaination...I hope I see you on this board as we recover. ...congratulations to you MMGirl.....looking forward to reading your posts ..wherever you post....cooperten

Coop,

Feel free to post where ever you feel comfortable. I'm not a moderator or self-appointed "traffic cop." I was just making a suggestion.

I know that when I jumped c/t on May 26 I went through an intense "acute withdrawal" phase that lasted about two months, and then another two months where I continued to get my feet back on the ground. In my mind, that four months or so was my "withdrawal" from Valium. Prior to that I'd been doing a fast taper for 5 months. That wasn't "withdrawal" to me. It was a "dose reduction."

It's all semantics and really doesn't mean a damn thing. There are people who are two years out and claim to be in "withdrawal." I think the term "withdrawal" is really misused, since it applies primarily to the physiological coming off of the drugs. Once the drugs are out of the system, I'd say recovery begins. So those who  claim to have "protracted withdrawal syndrome" should really say they have "protracted recovery syndrome," in my humble opinion. Again, it's just semantics.

The most important thing is getting the benzos out of one's system, healing, and at some point rejoining the world.

Good work jumping (and staying) off 5 mg, Tex.  I had a pretty hard time under 5 mg, so not sure I could have done it.  Doing what feels like a long-ish taper down to 1 mg means - I hope - that withdrawal symptoms won't be as acute now.