Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Neck Muscles in back of my Neck have been aching/tender

[bm...]

For over a month now the two long neck mucles in the back of my neck have been aching badly and tender when i rub them 24/7.  It has been making me nauseated when i talk and also at times feel oddly enough like the back of my neck is coming into my throat.  I know withdraw can bring on different symptoms, this has been going on for over a month, i try heat and it barely helps.  Should I just wait it out? I have a similar feeling in my temple muscles and behind my eyes but this is new for the neck.  Thanks guys, also I have been off of alcohol for over a month! Won't touch it again. Thoughts?

Hi bmwzw, Had the stiff sore neck for alongggg time and it let up around 12mos. off. Have you had any stressors lately that are contributing ??? My have to visit a chiropractor? I had massages when mine was acting up, that may help…….Jude

My neck has been stiff for a long time , the back of my neck and head is very sore I can hardly move , feel dizzy , the pain goes to my jaw too , when I move my head forward and back something cracks in my neck , I'm not sure if any of this is related to benzo withdrawel but it's been ruining my life for at least 6 months .

I've have all tbe above, neck, jaw, throat, head pressure  and more,triggered by sound and touch for over 15 months. Wearing glasses puts major pressute on the bridge of my nose and over my temples.

What else can we do but wait if we really want to be healthy.  I believe time will heal. I also contribute my dosage and time on, to my slow  recovery (I hope I recover). By that I mean if I was on on half the MGs for halh the time I believe MY recovery time would be shorter. It also would have helped if I would have  found bb and done a taper longer than 4 wks.

I had horrible beck pain during my taper and early withdrawal. Much better now. Physio and acupuncture helped. I would also put heat on my beck every night and massage it out.