Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily micro taper vs cut and hold

[...]

Has anyone done better with cutting small doses and holding vs doing a daily micro taper? I've been micro tapering for a year with not much results.

Mm

I suspect that you are in tolerance. I was too but at a much higher dose. If this is the case then you won't be symptom free no matter how slow you go. I tried it all and I couldn't make progress on my own. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Not really. Once I hit tolerance it seemed that my receptors stopped working. An updose became the new tolerant dose almost immediately. Ashton acknowledges this unfortunate process.

Looks like the updosing hasn't helped you much. Do you think it might be white knuckle time?

You mean c/t? I dont think I would survive it. I haven't done a large updose. Only once when starting birth control pill, which was a mistake. How was your detox?

Mm

Horrible but successful which is all that matters. I wasn't making progress on my own.

I was worried I wouldn't survive it too. And if I knew just how bad it would be I would have probably chickened out or put it off for a while. My symptoms are still strong but seem to be settling down.

Psych inpatient in Baltimore. No addiction stuff thank god. My fellow patients had chronic pain or depression or both. Several others got taken off benzos while I was there. The withdrawal mitigating drugs were totally useless and I didn't bother with them. The antidepressants helped me with mood and appetite.