Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Explain your mental symptoms.

[Ma...]

Hello. I'm just wanting to hear from others about this. I have some physical things going on too but my mental ones are holding me down. Mine are dpdr, existential thoughts, intrusive thoughts, memory problems, obsessive thoughts, health anxiety, and so much more.

Same here Maymay, i it won,t go away......

So sorry to hear you are still suffering to......

Do you also have the nerve pain?

Mine is pretty bad, mostly in my lower legs, get this buzzing feeling and muscle twitching ,

Legs feel to heavy to walk....

But the mental things are  :tickedoff:

:smitten:

Sandra.

I get pain all the time. I guess I'm used to the pain. I get all that physical stuff too. Its not as bad as it used to be though. Don't mean it won't come back. My dizziness left early on and now its back.

I just hate the mental stuff though. I hope you feel better soon. I hate anyone suffering this torture.

i get the  existential thoughts and the intrusive thoughts. i get more mental stuff when the physical stuff dissipates and vice verse. i watched 'The Lovely Bones' tonight and got deep intrusive thoughts of never having the kind of love and life i want to have before i die and how i could die in an instant and what am i going to do when i am not in the body and how i have to have it all together before that happens. and it got deep, dark and scary. i know the benzo withdrawal made it more scary that it would be otherwise.

[b1...]

I like your quote Maymay, its a comforting scripture.

By far for me is fear especially fear of death, health anxiety, fear of losing control.

Nick

Same here, Maymay.  I am completely obsessed with thoughts of death, feelings of doom, "what's the meaning of life" kinds of questions (there is never a good answer btw)...just dark, horrible, existential stuff.  I feel disconnected from the earth and from other human beings.  Anyway, I get a break from it if I can distract myself with other urgent things that need doing, so work is helpful.  I haven't found any other way of dealing with it.

Thanks everyone. I hate it struck you too. I get everything you say. Its a hard ride. I also get the losing control feeling often. I feel like any minute I could blip out o existence or I will forget who I am and be in a nursing home. I also think if not now it will happen in my near future. Its weird how this plays with our minds. When I first came off the meds it was purely physical and I thought all the mental stuff I read about was bizarre and would never happen to me. Boy was I wrong. I have a new appreciation for mentally ill people.

I just go through the day with a sense of doom, like something is going to go wrong, which it does, but never really serious that it doesn't get fixed.  I have a deep depression that colors everything, don't feel a sense of security or joy.  Basically feel afraid all the time and then get bad anxiety and then my stomach gets upset.  Fear of other people and don't trust them or feel safe with them emotionally.  Afraid I'll end up in a mental hospital and they'll put me on a bunch of drugs.  Maybe that would be better; to be zonked out on antipsychotics and just sit in a chair all day looking out the window.  Anything but this sense of foreboding.  I saw someone with a christmas tree on their roof rack today and I told my friend,  "I don't care about Christmas."  I feel so disconnected, it doesn't register as a joyful occasion.  It doesn't register at all, good or bad.  I just wake up with more of the same feeling each day.   

I just go through the day with a sense of doom, like something is going to go wrong, which it does, but never really serious that it doesn't get fixed.  I have a deep depression that colors everything, don't feel a sense of security or joy.  Basically feel afraid all the time and then get bad anxiety and then my stomach gets upset.  Fear of other people and don't trust them or feel safe with them emotionally. 

I know how you feel Becks. To me, this is the worst part of this whole benzo w/d process. I have never felt so much psychic pain in my life. It's been so long since I felt a sense of calm or peace. It seems like I have no dopamine or serotonin in my brain. I have to believe it will come back, though.

All these are me as well.  I will say that months 1 and 2 were the worst.  Month 3 has been much better but still too much misery.  Enough happiness to remind me that normalcy is coming some day, but enough misery to taint that happiness.....

I have terrible brain fog and poor short term memory. My thoughts are jumbled, I get confused in traffic, sometimes lose my train of thought mid sentence, my sense of direction is screwed. I am mentally exhausted and fatigued.

I also have DR, though its intensity has reduced compared to two months ago, the world still seems like I'm not a part of it. I get depressed when I see others moving on with their lives, only to find myself stuck in a rut not knowing how long this will continue, not healthy enough to be earning and live independently on my own.

There is a kind of mental agitation that makes me want to get up and do stuff but when I try I get confused, exhausted and want to crash, this drives me nuts.

I have terrible brain fog and poor short term memory. My thoughts are jumbled, I get confused in traffic, sometimes lose my train of thought mid sentence, my sense of direction is screwed. I am mentally exhausted and fatigued.

I also have DR, though its intensity has reduced compared to two months ago, the world still seems like I'm not a part of it. I get depressed when I see others moving on with their lives, only to find myself stuck in a rut not knowing how long this will continue, not healthy enough to be earning and live independently on my own.

There is a kind of mental agitation that makes me want to get up and do stuff but when I try I get confused, exhausted and want to crash, this drives me nuts.

I know everything you wrote. I experienced the confusion bad at first then it let up some. I still get it at times though. Its like my brain glitches. I do still have the dpdr rather bad and I wish it would leave. I pray you heal soon.