Important Survey - Please Participate ×

'Speedy' Recovery

[Fr...]

Did anyone recover before the 6 month mark? I am 10 weeks cold turkey and still have the same bodily symptoms (mostly hormonal related) from months ago when I was taking benzos a few times a month. I know it varies from person to person but I considered my length of benzo use to be fairly short compared to the majority of people on here. Also, my w/d was occurring long before I quit benzos. I read that recovery can take place at 6 months to a year...

6 to 18 months is the low and high. Nothing is fixed. It could be shorter or longer. The only thing that is fixed is everyone heals.

More than 60% of people taking benzos  don't having wd sx. You can get lots of information reading posts on benzobuddies.

Take advantage of  SEARCH. I forget it exist sometimes but often you can get your questions answered faster.

LuckGood

I honestly do not believe the statistics. There is no possible way to measure all the users who quit for withdrawal. Even if they take a group of users and try to base their findings on that, it would not represent the general population as a whole. I seen the stats on Wikipedia and hoped I would be the lucky one. But, I doubt that is a true representation of the actual figures.

The thing to keep in mind is that many people are able to quit benzos after occasional or sporadic use and never end up here at Benzo Buddies.

I think those who are having a tough time tend to be the ones who seek out this site, so we get a disproportionate number of people who have withdrawal symptoms or a prolonged recovery period.

Everyone's nervous system, social support system, outlook, etc., is different. Some people do heal faster, while others take longer. Some short-term users heal fast, while others can take months. Some long-term users heal quickly. It's nice to look at "averages," but the reality is we all heal at varying rates.

My philosophy is simple: "It's going to be what it's going to be."

I agree with tex... Its so variable.

I Do think, from my experience, that kindling plays a big factor in healing time. I have stopped cold turkey before and was fine, but after so many times my system gave out and has taken a long time to recover is time around.

There are lots of people who heal before six months. I had a friend who reached five months and she was really sick still and she healed almost miraculously over 3-4 days.

I agree with tex... Its so variable.

I Do think, from my experience, that kindling plays a big factor in healing time. I have stopped cold turkey before and was fine, but after so many times my system gave out and has taken a long time to recover is time around.

There are lots of people who heal before six months. I had a friend who reached five months and she was really sick still and she healed almost miraculously over 3-4 days.

I agree with this.  Well put.