Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Muscle Spasm

[sh...]

Hi:

I have seen a video of some guy in withdrawal from a benzo.  He seems to be writhing in agony and he has twitching all over.  His foot goes into a contraction spasm that will not stop.  My heart went out to the guy and I don't know where the video was made but I would presume he was in cold turkey withdrawal.  How does one manage cold turkey symptoms that are that severe?  Does it stay that bad.  I honestly thought about how a poor soul like that would be able to cope.  He must have waves that are severe but it didn't seem to let up during the time of the video.  How does one stay in that condition and continue to experience withdrawals that are that severe.  I had just a taste of that when I went through a withdrawal for cutting too fast just the other day.

Kendall

I think I know the one you are talking about. He has lots of twitching and he said it was right around Christmas time?

I don't know how you cope with that. I've have physical problems, but they are mild in comparison to him. Aches, pains, trouble breathing, cannot jog, etc... Most of my torture is the mental stuff.

Since we all want to be alive and get better we make the best of it day after day. There are people here who have similar experiences with physical pain. It's all just a horrible situation that I'm happy doesn't kill us and we improve over time. I'd love to see a video of that guy now, he's probably much improved or fully healed now! I like the videos by the guy klonoponikills. My progress is moving along about like his so I can relate.

Hi Innadaze:

Thanks for sharing.  I think we are talking about the same video. The guy had a military type haircut and mentioned to someone taking the video that he was having a real bad day.  They had a video scene of his left foot in a complete contraction spasm.  He would shudder with terrible convulsions like he was receiving strokes from a lashing or whipping. It was horrific and I am on such high doses of benzos that I feel like that would happen to me if I went C/T.  My life is a mess and I have lost my supports.  I am on disability and going through catastrophic worries right now.  Much empathy for all those suffering!

Kendall