Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Pins, Needles, Numbness, Burning Pain

[fr...]

Dear Buddies:

Worried for husband.  Symptoms in Re Line.  Please let me know if any of you:

(1) have had this (especially in abdomen);

(2) still have/had it 7-8 months out;

(3) EVER got past it / had it go away;

(4) found anything that abated symptom (gabapentin? Meditation?)

Open to all suggestions, including reinstatement.

The pins and needles and numbness have gone for me around that time off or shortly thereafter.  It seems that time is what heals this.  Trying to calm down should help or going for a walk.  I don't know of any drugs that would help, but then I'm not a doctor, just my opinion. 

Many, many buddies here are having these types of pains and sensations at 8 months benzo free. This is unfortunately very common. I still get strange tingling and especially pain in the back, stomach, sides, chest. Yes, this is all part of the healing process. If it only started due to benzos then noting to be concerned about. There aren't really any drugs I know of that can help benzo w/d symptoms.

Unless there has been another problem prior to benzo use these should all clear up with more time. As I've been told by many here 8 months is still early in the healing process. Take care!

I have a lot of this, it is constantly moving around and changing. Fortunately it's bearable for me. I am almost four months off. I also have quite severe tightness in the lower back which makes sitting painful at times and walking difficult. It started during my taper back in March and is still bad. Looks like I'll have it for a while yet. One muscle, my hip flexor, that was so tight seems to have healed.

I had burning skin around 6,7,8 months off. It felt like a sunburn. It went away between months 8-9. I also had burning numbness with tingling that was quite painful in my hands and feet. I read benzos deplete the body of the vitamin biotin and can cause these sxs. So I took it and noticed an improvement that very day. I still take it and if I miss 2 days sxs come back. As a side benefit, it also helped my hair from falling out. Its thicker and healthier. I take 1,000 mcg .

Healingnow

Thank you so much everyone-and you don't think this is a symptom that will last for good?  I will get him some biotin today.  Thank you so much -

Hey all I am 7 months out and still have burning/itching on my scalp. It went away for a bit then came back.  Such a frustrating feeling!