Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Fog/Confusion during T-Day meal

[32...]

[32...]

I had my first extended family meal yesterday since taper (T-day).

Did anyone out there experience sensory overload and massive cognitive fog?  The chatter ranged from past Thanksgivings' (I couldn't remember), ski plans, college plans for our children (we hope)...I went blank.  Couldn't focus, was unable to recall memories (w/o prompting from my senior citizen mother!"), my automatic catastrophic thoughts skyrocketed.  During clean-up I retreated to our room and wept.  I had a rough time recovering from such a heart breaking Thanksgiving."

I love my family so much.  My mom came up to comfort me in my psychic pain.  I begged her not to worry about me.  No luck, she asked me to put myself in her shoes.  I just can't hide my emotions from my mom.  It is so hard to explain to someone the difficulty of this journey, let alone my beloved mom.  Is there anyone out there who can't share this struggle with supportive family in order to spare them worry? 

Thank you BenzoBuddies for being there. 

Do you ever wonder how many people suffer through w/d silently?

I hope next year I will recover the foggy memories of Thanksgivings' past. And, I hope I will laugh with pure emotion and embrace life fully.

For us "catastrophizers and what-offers" I hope this whole w/d ordeal teaches us to live in the present.

It is really hard for me now.

Hello Willdoit,

Hang in there, we all go threw this.  :thumbsup:  It will get better with time. It might take some time before your symptom go away. But don't get discourage at all.  :thumbsup:  you will get threw this.  :thumbsup:

Try to have a great weekend. And always move forward with a smile.    :thumbsup:

Godspeed to you,    :smitten:      :thumbsup:

Rocket