Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Taking a poll

[On...]

I'm a bit obsessed with hr and bp numbers ive hit in w/d, they always scare me. So, can you offer up your highest numbers through this? Mine was 190/100 bp one time, 160/110 a couple times. Hr 180 one time. It seems to me this would be the most talked about symptom, but it only comes up once in a while. I can handle the crazyness for the most part but your heart is your lifeline.

So whats your numbers been?

I have it but am afraid of it cuz i have an irrational fear of an adrenal tumor which a beta blocker would make your bp go too high if that was the case :(

Aw, i know the feeling of thinking about cancer, trust me i swear i have a brain tumor at time. But propanolol is very widely used. and is very safe and effective for your condition. I would consult a doctor about your fear, and the propanolol.

Ive ran tests for it that came back negative. Its the worst fear ever cuz my symptoms match it perfect and its fullproof. I hate this fear. My doctor told me he doesnt know what to do at this point.

Sorry for anyone having issues with BP.

I feel it's important to share my story here though.

For years I feared my BP being to high or too low, I got so freaked out I purchased a blood pressure machine. Three years later I still have the machine and I have YET to get an abnormal rating that lasted more than 10min. I have taken it while a bit anxious and had numbers higher but within 10-20min it always goes down. 

Looking at the machines history I average roughly 120/70 with 75 heart beat.

Anyhow, just in case anyone is anxious  :)

Those are pretty good numbers Fonz. i actually avg about 95/65 woth a hr in the 70's that's why it freaks me so much when it jumps up so high. Thank you for sharing

Understand. So what symptoms of high BP do you get when it happens?  Perhaps wearing a 24hr BP monitor? I guess you need to convince your doctor for that one  :P   

A few days ago Ihad brief spikes of 160/110.  These freaked me out. I gues I should be glad they don't last long. 

I don't know if you remember but a few months back when I was trying to exercise Ihad a few spikes even higher.

Sorry you're going through this onelove24, its all such insanity

Before all this i ran around 110/65 always and about 57-65 hr

Only symptom is usually feeling it pounding in my head and chest. With a feeling like I wanna run full speed. Or violently shaking sometimes right after the first burst. I feel wiped out afterwards.

This has been a huge issue for me. I'm on meds for BP, but a very low does of Ramipril, and my BP was 120/80 or so, sometime lower, whenever I had it taken. It went up a bit last year, so I bought a machine and started monitoring it.

I've always had a fast heart beat, without a sign of anything being wrong, so somewhere around 78 or so is normal for me.

After I did a cold turkey wd last spring my pulse would jack up to around 120. It always came back down, but still that's awfully high. It doesn't get that much higher than that when I RUN.

But the BP was all over the place. I need to check just how awful it got, because I kept a record...

OK, around 180/120. It never stayed up there though. It always came crashing down after 10 or 20 minutes, and later I learned not to be freaked out if it did not stay up.

Last night it was around 95/70, so it varies hugely. When I am relaxed, the readings are a bit low, which is no problem. When the stress starts, it goes up.

I've never gone to a doctor about it. I run, and I have no chest pain, no numbness, no tingling. I did have an EKG 6 months ago because my doctor was concerned, but it was perfect.

I chalk it all up to withdrawal by the way...