Important Survey - Please Participate ×

head pressure

[An...]

I had it for a month or so and about the time I started asking about it it went away.  I'm finding most of these things come andgo on their own sschedule lol. 

having horrible head pressure still. it got so bad when i woke up yesterday morning i had a full on black and blue left eye. i took pictures to proove that my brain beat up on me during the night :(

Thanks everyone. I was getting this every so often then it went away and now its back.but its more of a pressure and no meds help with it.

having horrible head pressure still. it got so bad when i woke up yesterday morning i had a full on black and blue left eye. i took pictures to proove that my brain beat up on me during the night :(

Does start at the temples too and behind urs eye. It feels like my eyes will pop out.

Does start at the temples too and behind urs eye. It feels like my eyes will pop out.

i do get pressure there too. sometimes it feels really ticklish and i have to stop whatever vibration is making that area so ticklish. i also get this ticklish vibration around my nose and ears.

I can't remember when it started but I think day 1 off (Sept 2012) . Its 24/7 and magnified by touch, head touching the pillow, wearing glasses.  It's also magnified by sound such as louder noise, even louder  talking.

Hi Pretty,

That's not your brain beating up on you in your sleep, honest! There's actually a plausible explanation for it.

It is more than likely caused by water retention (excess fluid in the face). I've woken up with a black eye too.

The excess fluid puts pressure on the sensitive tissue around the eye.

Black eye can also be caused by sinuses and sometimes people with iron deficiency have black rings under their eyes.

Chinook  :hug:

I am still having major head pressure.  Its at my temples and behind my eyes. Anybody else have this?

Those are classic signs of a migraine.  Try Motrin, Tylenol or similar.  Alternatively, something else like sumitriptan.

Someone posted something for dizziness that seems to work sometimes for my head pressure when I had it.  Put ice on your forehead and keep it for a few minutes.  Take off, warm up and repeat.  Yes it is uncomfortable but it seems to help.

I have this too. Sometimes with a horrible headache and sometimes just the pressure. It is by far my worst w/d symptom. I have had it all through my taper since Oct 2012 and post jump. I too haven't found anything that helps this. I sure look forward to the day it stops. I have it every single day without fail but the intensity changes. I have tried multiple meds and alternative treatments. Before I knew it was from benzos I saw 7 neurologists and had 4 brain scans...two MRI's, an MRV, and an MRA. All were normal. I hope for all of us this symptoms goes away!

Sorry you are suffering with it.

Hopeful Girl

Someone posted something for dizziness that seems to work sometimes for my head pressure when I had it.  Put ice on your forehead and keep it for a few minutes.  Take off, warm up and repeat.  Yes it is uncomfortable but it seems to help.

Thanks I will try this!