Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Shot of oil, would it be ok?

[On...]

I studied and practiced holistic nutrition, just putting in my 2cents :)

Coconut oil as Charlene said. Cold pressed Extra virgin Olive is also good, just don't heat it up. Red Palm oil is also excellent. 

Canola from the grocery store goes through chemical processes which we don't want to get in to  :sick:

Also nuts/seeds and avocados as builder said.

Enjoy!

Stay away from canola oil. It's extracted from a plant that's toxic to humans. Meaning, it goes through a lot of processing to become edible. The end result is full of chemicals and goes rancid easily.

Try these instead:

Organic olive oil. Just don't heat it up too much.

Organic coconut oil. Don't let the saturated fat content scare you. It's high in a good fat called medium chain fatty acids. It has many health benefits. Start with 1/2 Tablespoon to see if you tolerate it. One to three Tablespoons a day is considered a therapeutic dose. Another benefit is it doesn't turn bad at high temperatures. It's one of the most stable oils, so it's great for cooking.

Organic butter. Even better, butter from grass fed cows. My local grocery sells a brand called Kerry Gold. It makes everything taste good. :) This is another oil that's great for cooking, especially if you clarify it first.

Oils from whole foods like fresh avocados, seeds, nuts, salmon. Try an Omega 3 supplement if you don't like to eat fish. Just make sure the omega three supp has been tested for mercury and other toxins.

Rriver :)