Important Survey - Please Participate ×

withdraw from Klonopin = Hell

[mi...]

After taking Ativan from 1992 to 2012, switched to klonopin 2012 to july 2013, I had to taper very fast the klonopin because of intolerance. I dropped 3/4 of my 1 mg/day dose in one month ( may 2013). And I honestly was doing fine at the time. Then I tapered the rest .25 mg to 0 from june to oct 10. I was not well but it was manageable. In the last month of my klonopin taper, my doctor tried Cymbalta ( one 20 mg pill = unbearable side effects, I stopped rigt there ). Then 4 days of 5 mg lexapro which resulted in atrocious side effects. Stopped. Doctor asked me to try again and lower the dosage to 2.5 with same disastrous results. Since then I got hit by withdrawl symptoms that are worst than dying. I managed to still go to work part time, like 20 hours a week. Very very hard: exausted all the time, stuffed ears, lightheadedness etc. Had a hard time keeping mynhead up. Had to lie down few times during the day. And big zero resistance to stress. Then 5 days ago, I started really really bad anxiety with physical neck tightness, sweating, shortness of breath, etc...mornings after awakening are torture fir 3 hours or so ( I litterally want to die )then a bit of improvment, then hell again and so on. Can barely sleep. Missed 2 days of work and my resistance to ANY stress is 0. I'm approximately 7 weeks out....I'm not gonna make it...

I tapered over 7 months from klonopin and had a really hard time. I was sick for a long time while on it and never really connected the dots. This drug is evil. But you have to think ahead and keep going. I am at my one year anniversary of w/d and feel exhausted today. I know I could not do this again. I am going to keep pushing ahead and believe that there will be and end to this and better days ahead.

I hope you feel better. :smitten:

The first 3 months of so are the hardest. You will make it. I have no idea how you are able to work, good for you! Eventually if you keep pushing forward you will notice slight improvements and things will begin to slowly get easier. Month by month, just keep distracting and moving through the withdrawal. Take care!

thank you very much my friends...I'm not sure I'll be able to keep going to work since it's gotten worse the last 5 days. The anxiety-like hypertension x 1000 just got the best of me. I have Atarax that helps the physical anxiety. It helps in terms of light sedation that's all. But I'll take anything at this point. As I've already told a friend, it's not even a matter of things getting better as long as they don't get any worse. Again thanks a million...good recovery to all...