Important Survey - Please Participate ×

got my holter monitor today

[69...]

[69...]

So nothing like a trip to the doctors office which is at the hospital to get my anxiety going early in the morning.  looking at pictures of heart conditions and abnormalities in the room freaked me out a bit. the MA came in to explain and hook me up to holter to wear for 72 hours.  told me to press the event button anytime i felt palps or dizzy or lightheaded or whatever.  i told her i have anxiety and always feel like that so do i keep just pressing the button?  she said that she battled anxiety too and that maybe this will help put my mind at ease.  i did alot of research and reading on benzowd yesterday and having been on now for 3 years i think i am really starting to BELIEVE that its the medication and tolerance and not me. All my labs have been good so i hope this test helps calm my mind.

So should I just press the event button whenever i feel strange wd things even though i "know" its not my heart?

[69...]
She said to press it whenever i feel strange.  its around my neck like the "ive fallen and i cant get up" commercial.  its connected to a cell phone so when i press it it brings up a menu that asks what symptoms i am feeling so it can correspond the symptoms to what my heart is doing.  it also asks if im sitting standing etc..

[69...]
This is what led me into benzos in the first place.  life just hit me all at once and itknocked me into this irrational negative thinking.  i did cbt last summer and it helped immensely but given this recent bout of drama i am fighting it hard again.  i may have to go back to my notes and handouts and put those things back into practice.

Hi Nick,

I wore the holter monitor twice .. I pressed each time I felt a disturbance, no matter how frequent ..

Try not to worry, it will show nothing wrong ..:)

Thinking of you , and wishing for the best. :smitten:

Love, Anu

I wore one years ago and pressed it every time I thought something was wrong and also made a note of what it felt like.  Then when I went to the doctor and he said there were zero irregularities I could take comfort in knowing each one of those weird things was nothing heart related.  Well except he did say I had one palpitation in my sleep which scared me for months. But at least the day things were normal lol

[69...]

Hi Nick,

I wore the holter monitor twice .. I pressed each time I felt a disturbance, no matter how frequent ..

Try not to worry, it will show nothing wrong ..:)

Thinking of you , and wishing for the best. :smitten:

Love, Anu

thank you Anu for the kind words

Nick

[69...]

So of course turned the holter in on Monday and today the fluttery pvcs came back.  I hate that symptom and thanks to a friend here for calming me down.

Also my skin on my face arms and chest just burning away. 

Fun times.

Nick

i remember that when I had mine.  zero palps when it was on, but they started as soon as I took it back haha.  That tells me it is stress - there is some comfort in wearing the gadget and fear when not.

Many months ago I was offered to have a holster fitted for 24 hrs because I told doctors I felt I was skipping beats. I didn't cancelled the appointment because I was too anxious to go  :crazy:

I'm still alive and my heart sometimes still skip beats, kind of randomly, generally when I feel anxious after a cut, but maybe not. I just don't worry about it too much.

If you don't feel anything really awkward going on it's most likely just w/d sxs and general anxiety.

I hopes this gives you some peace of mind...