Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I think that I am big deep doo doo!!

[So...]

MammaS...I have to agree with those advising about interdose s/x with ativan...my direct taper from ativan was difficult until I divided the dose over 4-5. doses over 24 hours....I also only cut 5%-10% at. time and held for 10-14 days....its good that your doc is willing to work with you as you progress down In my experience direct cut taper for ativan was doable as long as I went slow and steady...the ativan taper thread was helpful to me too.  .wishing you well with this...cooperten

MammaS...I have to agree with those advising about interdose s/x with ativan...my direct taper from ativan was difficult until I divided the dose over 4-5. doses over 24 hours....I also only cut 5%-10% at. time and held for 10-14 days....its good that your doc is willing to work with you as you progress down In my experience direct cut taper for ativan was doable as long as I went slow and steady...the ativan taper thread was helpful to me too.  .wishing you well with this...cooperten

Thanks Cooperten.

I am going to try and stabilize on it over the next few weeks, and then start tapering. I will visit the thread.

Denise  :smitten:

What the?!

He told you to go back on benzos and now is saying you have to get off them asap and using Ativan of all things?

A new doctor Denise. This one is no good.

So your reinstatement definitely didn't work? There will be/can be no stabilisation with a benzo?

You've only been on for a few weeks... if you have to get off them asap I'd suggest getting off them without ativan for months and a renewed addiction..

What the?!

He told you to go back on benzos and now is saying you have to get off them asap and using Ativan of all things?

So your reinstatement definitely didn't work? There will be/can be no stabilisation with a benzo?

You've only been on for a few weeks... if you have to get off them asap I'd suggest getting off them without ativan for months and a renewed addiction..

The klon was just giving me massive head pressure. I couldn't take it. So, that is why he switched me to Ativan.

He mainly just wants me down to lower dose in two months. He would rather it be used as nightly or prn. Instead of all day. So, I am going to try to get it down as low as I possibly can, but as long as I am making progress, I think that he will work with me. That way, I can take my time getting off if it after that.

What the?!

The klon was just giving me massive head pressure. I couldn't take it. So, that is why he switched me to Ativan.

He mainly just wants me down to lower dose in two months. He would rather it be used as nightly or prn. Instead of all day. So, I am going to try to get it down as low as I possibly can, but as long as I am making progress, I think that he will work with me. That way, I can take my time getting off if it after that.

So you feel stabilised on Ativan? It is working for you in that sense?

Hi there Soph,

Have not been on for awhile, sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

This is my suggestion: If you have a good relationship with your pharmacist he/she may be willing to tell you which Dr.'s are prescribing valium.

Make an appointment with whatever Dr. you can get based on the info from the phamacist. Do NOT tell him any of your history. At this time, he should not be able to pull up your records, and besides, he can NOT get then unless you sign a release.

Tell him/her whatever story that you might need to in order to get him/her to prescribe you the valium. Hopefully you can get a prescription that meets your needs. Perhaps you can get one that is beyond what you need to taper and store back the excess for future need.

Don't know that this will work, but it may be worth a try. I suggest a psychiatrist, as they are the ones who will normally be able to fill prescriptions. Hell, if you have to, make him think you are nuts!

My prayers are with you sweetie.

Clyde

Keep the Faith!

What the?!

So you feel stabilised on Ativan? It is working for you in that sense?

Well, I just started it yesterday. I took half of my Klon and the other half was the ativan. I did feel better. I also did this last night. I am going to do half in half for a few days, to see if I get any w/d from the klon. If I don't then I am going to stop it completely.

I wish I had a magic fairy wand, I would tap you on your head 3 times and fix it  :angel:

Thanks, Benzy!! I wish you had one!!  :)

Hi there Soph,

Have not been on for awhile, sorry to hear you are having so much trouble.

This is my suggestion: If you have a good relationship with your pharmacist he/she may be willing to tell you which Dr.'s are prescribing valium.

Make an appointment with whatever Dr. you can get based on the info from the phamacist. Do NOT tell him any of your history. At this time, he should not be able to pull up your records, and besides, he can NOT get then unless you sign a release.

Tell him/her whatever story that you might need to in order to get him/her to prescribe you the valium. Hopefully you can get a prescription that meets your needs. Perhaps you can get one that is beyond what you need to taper and store back the excess for future need.

Don't know that this will work, but it may be worth a try. I suggest a psychiatrist, as they are the ones who will normally be able to fill prescriptions. Hell, if you have to, make him think you are nuts!

My prayers are with you sweetie.

Clyde

Keep the Faith!

I live in a very small town. So, my options are somewhat limited.

Since I have only been on the Klon for two weeks, I think that I can get myself down to 1 mg of ativan in two months. Then I can take my time after that.

I am praying this will work. Since, my options are limited.

Thanks for trying to help.  :)

ya know Im Mr OCD....

did you mean for this thread to read "I think that I am in big deep doodoo"?

Yeah, I guess. I don't write that word very often, and spell check corrected it to doo doo.

haha, you still dont see it,, you said "I think that I AM big deep doodoo..

instead of saying "I think I am IN big deep doodoo..

it gave me a chuckle..

how are you feeling at the moment anyway?

haha, you still dont see it,, you said "I think that I AM big deep doodoo..

instead of saying "I think I am IN big deep doodoo..

it gave me a chuckle..

how are you feeling at the moment anyway?

Oh, I got it now!!  :laugh:

Benzo brain hard at work here!!

I hope you can have a good TDay Big DooDoo.... atleast eat a lot of good food and take a big fat nap...

Same to you!!

Big Doo Doo (Denise)  :smitten:

If you live in a very small town, it might be smart to drive to the next larger town or small city for your doctoring.

Also, please don't let this very stupid joke of a doctor mislead you into thinking you can eventually take ativan prn or just at night.  That nearly cost me my life!  The central nervous system beating from the ups and downs, the interdose withdrawals with the attending glutamate storms and neural receptor disregulation is horrendous. And if you already have lost a lot of weight, just look in my signature history and see what .5 mg at night only did to my weight. Not to mention the neuropathic nerve pains in my gut and ribs. I.dont recommend this at all.

I would do whatever necessary to get another doctor, get "overprescribed" valium if necessary by claiming muscle spasms or tightness, as valium is the best benzo for muscle relaxation, then take the smallest amount necessary and taper off. And soon. Before benzos claim you.  :smitten:

I never really discussed my taper with my doctors until my dose was well down. I just allowed my original diagnosis to continue while I accumulated plenty of Valium for my tape and never told them how much I was actually taking. This is a do it yourself thing for most people.

I agree Bart.  Your doctor does not need to be "benzo wise".....we need to be "benzo wise" and advocate for ourselves.  My doctor did not want to help me, but I needed him in order to get the benzo I needed to do a safe taper. 

I never really discussed my taper with my doctors until my dose was well down. I just allowed my original diagnosis to continue while I accumulated plenty of Valium for my tape and never told them how much I was actually taking. This is a do it yourself thing for most people.

I agree Bart.  Your doctor does not need to be "benzo wise".....we need to be "benzo wise" and advocate for ourselves.  My doctor did not want to help me, but I needed him in order to get the benzo I needed to do a safe taper.

It was more like my Dr told me that he would not allow me to be on 2 mg of Ativan for very long. This was after I had a bad reaction to Klonopin. He also refused Valium, but offered me Xanax.

Pure craziness!!

I see him tomorrow and will try to talk him into a lengthier time, so that I can taper properly.

If you live in a very small town, it might be smart to drive to the next larger town or small city for your doctoring.

Also, please don't let this very stupid joke of a doctor mislead you into thinking you can eventually take ativan prn or just at night.  That nearly cost me my life!  The central nervous system beating from the ups and downs, the interdose withdrawals with the attending glutamate storms and neural receptor disregulation is horrendous. And if you already have lost a lot of weight, just look in my signature history and see what .5 mg at night only did to my weight. Not to mention the neuropathic nerve pains in my gut and ribs. I.dont recommend this at all.

I would do whatever necessary to get another doctor, get "overprescribed" valium if necessary by claiming muscle spasms or tightness, as valium is the best benzo for muscle relaxation, then take the smallest amount necessary and taper off. And soon. Before benzos claim you.  :smitten:

The bad thing is that I am currently not driving. So, finding a Dr in a bigger town, and getting someone to take me is a little more difficult.

Take a benzo as prn!?!!? NEVER

Once this crap is out of my body, it is gone for good!!!