Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Anyone donate blood?

[Sv...]

Hey there!  I was just thinking about going to donate blood with the Red Cross and was wondering if anyone had experience with this since going into benzo withdrawal?

Maybe it's another way to rid the evil benzos from our body?  Could it possibly help benzo withdrawal?

Thank you!

Perhaps it would do you good psychologically - just to give - and help others.

There are some guidelines that may vary.

You could read this http://www.mayoclinic.org/donate-blood-rst/faqs.html to make sure you do not have a cold or any other conditions prior to donating.

You need to be open so as to keep the recipients safe. I'd read the guidelines first.

They will also ask you questions and in many countries, you have to fill in a form with your medical history.

I used to donate before the meds, then got malaria and two different blood conditions were discovered and now I'm utterly ineligible.

Wishing you a safe recovery!

anne

Thanks for the info. I've donated a number of times in my life, but not since benzo withdrawal. I'd likely gave to disclose that fact and see if they'd even take my blood!

Thanks for the info. I've donated a number of times in my life, but not since benzo withdrawal. I'd likely gave to disclose that fact and see if they'd even take my blood!

I've been thinking of this, the process that is going on is in your neurochemistry and not in your blood so I think you should be fine and your blood, unaffected as there should not be circulating metabolites in your plasma, unless we believe that chemicals are re-released from body fat and circulating in blood but this is disputable and if true, should not be constant and possibly minimal in quantity. Main point being that what is going on with you is in your brain, not blood :)