Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Things are good???

[pl...]

So, I think that things are good for me at the moment. I am not really sure what that looks like or how to feel about it, but that’s what I think. Going into the holidays I seem to be getting along with my wife and feeling good professionally.

I still feel overwhelmed though. I keep thinking that this will all be over soon and once I get to a point where I may actually believe that, something happens to remind me that I am so far from feeling normal. It’s both physical and mental. I fear that I am doing damage to my life that will not be able to be repaired.

It’s so hard to step outside of myself and feel good like I used to while on benzos.

So, I think that things are good for me at the moment. I am not really sure what that looks like or how to feel about it, but that’s what I think. Going into the holidays I seem to be getting along with my wife and feeling good professionally.

I still feel overwhelmed though. I keep thinking that this will all be over soon and once I get to a point where I may actually believe that, something happens to remind me that I am so far from feeling normal. It’s both physical and mental. I fear that I am doing damage to my life that will not be able to be repaired.

It’s so hard to step outside of myself and feel good like I used to while on benzos.

You are on your way. Great attitude.  Just remember, if things don't stay this way, it will come back but better and longer.

The few times I actually felt good on benzos are outweighed 100:1 by the times I endured horrific suffering on benzos!  :o

It's hard to say how badly I felt on benzos. I can't say that it was all bad, because it seems like forever. I like to learn from all of my life experiences. I do not believe that mistakes exist, in that area. That said, I did some pretty dumb stuff while living that way. I can hardly remember some things from my previous life, which I am now calling it. I'm sure that will get better, I hope. It's been a tough two days and there are two more. Home with the wife and twin two year olds. It gets overwhelming. It gets frustrating and super hard for me. Who would have thought i'de ever miss my job, but I do. Trying to take it minute by minute and not take things personally. Silence apparently IS golden...who knew?