Has anyone ever gotten Psoriasis during WD?

[3c...]

[3c...]

Hi,

I never had this in my life until WD.  I know it's psoriasis because I went to the website and compared pictures and it's exactly the same with the same symptoms.  I'm still going to the doctor to have it confirmed though as I have other weird things on my skin as well. 

I'm just wondering if this might be due to WD. 

Any thoughts,

Thanks,

Cappi :smitten:

I had it on my face. I thought I was getting skin cancer, seriously, and it kept getting worse. I don't think anyone else noticed it, but it started spreading on my right cheek, and at one point I had a small scab.

Then it just went away when the worst of my anxiety went away. DEFINITELY withdrawal for me.

I also got hemorrhoids, internal. I had pink blood even when I walked. I never had anything like that in my life, and that went away too. It all happened in the worst of withdrawal.

These benzos REALLY screw up our bodies...

[3c...]

YES!  I have it.  All over my chest, neck, face arms and stomach.

Never had a skin issue before wd.

GG

Hi GG,

What do you do to ease this?  This is terrible isn't it? I have been putting tea tree oil on it and it is soothing it and takes away the itch somewhat.  Just to let you know if you have not tried it. 

Cappi

[3c...]

I had it on my face. I thought I was getting skin cancer, seriously, and it kept getting worse. I don't think anyone else noticed it, but it started spreading on my right cheek, and at one point I had a small scab.

Then it just went away when the worst of my anxiety went away. DEFINITELY withdrawal for me.

I also got hemorrhoids, internal. I had pink blood even when I walked. I never had anything like that in my life, and that went away too. It all happened in the worst of withdrawal.

These benzos REALLY screw up our bodies...

Thanks Gaer!  I'm so glad it went away for you and good to know the it CAN be WD.  Well, it was for you so that helps!  OHHH the hemorrhoids.  Glad it went away for you as well. 

[3c...]

Hi Megan,

Try using Tea tree oil.  It's pretty soothing.  I hope it goes away for all of us too, and I really hope it's WD. 

It's an autoimmune condition.  :(

I think I had a touch of it already, off and on since adulthood, but during benzo use/tolerance, and tapering, its gone crazy...

Ive used a LOT of stuff over the years, but the simple old Neosporing "Eczema Essentials " works best for me, its cheap too (I think)

its a cleanser and moisturizer, the moisturizer is pretty heavy so I only use it at night, it makes it feel and look much better..

I think the benzo/withdrawals is responsible for it flaring up like its done, or its just coincidence..