Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

How to get off after two weeks of use

[So...]

Sorry to start another thread, but I really need some answers on what to do to get off of the klonopin after reinstating 10 days ago.

Could somebody please help me?

I don't know anything about titrating, but want off safe but quick. This stuff is killing me!

Several have answered my other threads, and I appreciate their help. But, I don't have an answer on how to do this yet.

Thanks,

Denise  :smitten:

I am taking .25 in the morning, .25 in the afternoon, and .50 at night.

I would like to cut back the night time dose to a half, and start taking the Remeron again. I don't sleep well on just the klonopin.

Is this doable to start with? Or cut out the entire evening dose, and just use remeron?

Is my body addicted to it again after only ten days?

I have more anxiety taking it. And, my heart is pounding more on it.

Thanks,

Sophias, I was in a similar situation; after being off V completely I reinstated K for a week or so.

I was contemplating another long taper, but the MD I was seeing at the time advised me to go as fast as I could, he said "you have to do this at your own rate, but if you can get yourself back off in a week or two instead of another three months, I think that would be best", and for me that worked. Basically I did some quick math about what my estimated blood level was after the number of days I'd taken 1-2mg K, did some more quick math to figure out what the maximum dose I could take that wouldn't increase my blood level, and then used that. I think I did something like cut to 0.5mg for a few days and then tapered pretty quickly over a week or so.

I definitely felt the withdrawal; the second week of my rapid taper and the first week back off were a sweaty mess. This "worked" for me, though, in that I was able to keep working, I was able to discontinue K, and that final dose of K I took seven months ago was the last benzo I took.

You're probably becoming dependent on it again pretty quickly, but I think there's a big difference between 10 days and 100 days. That's why my MD was skeptical of a longer taper -- I'd only been back on the drug for a week or so, and a long taper would mean overall taking much more of the drug than just stopping. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it that way, by the time I'd been off 4-5 months I saw some real and obvious improvements in my life.

Sophias, I was in a similar situation; after being off V completely I reinstated K for a week or so.

I was contemplating another long taper, but the MD I was seeing at the time advised me to go as fast as I could, he said "you have to do this at your own rate, but if you can get yourself back off in a week or two instead of another three months, I think that would be best", and for me that worked. Basically I did some quick math about what my estimated blood level was after the number of days I'd taken 1-2mg K, did some more quick math to figure out what the maximum dose I could take that wouldn't increase my blood level, and then used that. I think I did something like cut to 0.5mg for a few days and then tapered pretty quickly over a week or so.

I definitely felt the withdrawal; the second week of my rapid taper and the first week back off were a sweaty mess. This "worked" for me, though, in that I was able to keep working, I was able to discontinue K, and that final dose of K I took seven months ago was the last benzo I took.

You're probably becoming dependent on it again pretty quickly, but I think there's a big difference between 10 days and 100 days. That's why my MD was skeptical of a longer taper -- I'd only been back on the drug for a week or so, and a long taper would mean overall taking much more of the drug than just stopping. It wasn't easy, but I'm glad I did it that way, by the time I'd been off 4-5 months I saw some real and obvious improvements in my life.

Could you please help me figure out what I can do?

Would cutting my night dose be a good start, since I can use Remeron to sleep?

I was supposed to take my afternoon dose almost an hour ago, but I feel so much better when I don't take them. I thought about moving my afternoon dose ahead everyday, by at least a half an hour, so that way I am only taking it twice a day. And, cutting my night dose down to either a half or a fourth until it is gone. Then I can start cutting the daytime doses by a fourth.

See I am just very confused on how to do all of this.

How did you do yours?