Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Good days and Bad bad days :(

[Cr...]

I am now down to .5mg of klonopin. Some days are wonderful I feel very good, a lot oh energy. But some good days are followed by awful days.  Does this happen ? Monday will make two weeks on .5mg. I feel so afraid lately that I won't go in my basement at night to do laundry. I live in New Jersey and was impacted by Sandy last year, the weather today has me on edge. I started my taper last January or February (can't remember ) but the initial cut in dose by my doctor was too drastic (2.5mg-1mg) I had no idea about the withdrawals,the misery I experienced I don't even like to think about.

Anyway some symptoms that are bothering me- my scalp is extremely sensitive it hurts to brush my hair.  My mouth is very dry, muscle aches. I find myself getting very frightened about tapering again on Monday. Should I wait until after the holidays ? 

I am wrestling with similar increased symptoms as I had gotten to the lower doses in my taper. I believe that holding a bit longer if needed or making smaller cuts is what my body is trying to tell me now. I know what will happen if I don't listen.

If you feel that holding for a bit is what your body is telling you, especially given the stress of the holidays, then perhaps it is something to seriously consider. Many buddies here are planning to either hold their cuts a bit longer or make smaller cuts just because of the stress of the season. Nothing wrong with that.

I made a mistake once and bulldozed through a cut when my body was telling me to hold. I won't do that again. It wasn't worth it for me and I lost a whole month having to mess about stabilizing enough to resume my taper. So, I listen to what my body is telling me.

If it were me and my instincts were telling me to hold a little longer or cut smaller, then that is what I would do. You know yourself best and know what your instincts are telling you to do.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with holding. I personally believe in tapering along the lines of what will keep the symptoms the lowest and best for the body and brain. I cut daily in small increments however, I am in it for the long haul but have very little symptoms.

Thank you, I think that is what I will do hold at the .5. All of my cuts have been rather large and my body is exhausted.  I had a few really good weeks...today has been super hard. The worst part is most people really don't understand. I am so happy I found this place.