Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Is Estazolam a benzo?

[be...]

Hi:

Someone I know who is in the health care businesss said I should take Estazolam (Prosom)  for my insomnia. Isn't it a benzo? Yikes!!!Don't want any more of that s..t Benzogirl

Estazolam

Treats insomnia (trouble sleeping). This medicine is a benzodiazepine.

Legal status: Schedule IV controlled substance

Drug class: Benzodiazepine

Other drugs in same class: Alprazolam, Triazolam, Temazepam, More

May treat: Sleep Initiation and Maintenance Disorders

Hey Benzogirl,

Pretty much anything the doctor gives you for insomnia will be a Benzo or a Z drug…

I took Trazadone for 8 months and I took Remeron 3.5mg for about 3 months, both of these are safe to use for sleep…but remember..a lot of us got here because we were having problems sleeping and it seemed like a pill was the answer…It was not!

I have used Benadryl for sleep….It is not addictive, but I don't take it every night….just every now and then.

Be very careful when dealing with the medical community, a lot of them do not believe or know about Benzo WD or Z drugs.

If you complain to them about not sleeping they will offer you a Benzo or Z drug….

The medical community doesn't talk about Benzo WD, because they do not know about it.

Good luck and speedy healing,

Causing

Hi:

Someone I know who is in the health care businesss said I should take Estazolam (Prosom)  for my insomnia. Isn't it a benzo? Yikes!!!Don't want any more of that s..t Benzogirl

its a benzodiazepine half life (10-24).......keep away from it please. :o