Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Extreme anxiety after 5 months - anyone .

[...]

Sorry, I accidentally hit the wrong button and sent the post before I finished.

Just when I thought I had finally turned the corner, I got hit by a really bad anxiety in the last two days. I thought anxiety is no longer my sx. It feels like I am now back in the 1st two months in acute withdrawal. I am so discouraged now and the only thing I am thinking is how to kill myself to end this misery. I have told my wife this and she is really really sad. Is this sudden extreme downturn normal for 4-6 months out.

Sorry buddies, for not giving you any encouraging news.

Ed C

I am dealing with anxiety too, although much of mine I think is related to me trying to come off of bourbon. I stopped most of my drinking a few weeks back, but when I feel I am going to "snap" I will have 2-3 shots and that just eases me back a bit. However, I am now beginning to realize that the anxiety I am dealing with is related to my withdrawal from regular use of alcohol...

I am afraid I switched from Valium addiction to alcohol addiction. The only good thing is that alcohol has a much shorter half-life and certainly can't be as bad as my acute w/d from Valium back in June and July!

I got hit with a 4 week anxiety wave around month 5. I,muster yours is wd related

Hi Mcaveman, were you bake to get some sleep in the 4 weeks ? My insomnia is now back because of the severe anxiety. Not bake to cope with this well.

Ed C